What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Played in a charity scramble then got my video lesson back and have been working on drills

Lot of THP!
Yep Yes GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Got my first golf (rather than swing practice at the range) of the year in - 18 holes of par 3 on a links course down here - greens in pretty good condition and ground relatively good if not a little bare in patches. Artificial tee boxes didn't help though - very worn down and slippery despite my normally reliable spikeless shoes.

Didn't disgrace myself, didn't give anyone on the Tour cause for concern.....

Then I cleaned up a set of irons I'm moving on, ready to list on FB marketplace and made an offer on an AI Smoke driver to someone looking to p/x it for some clubs. The call is strong for me to upgrade !

Edit/Update: Introduced my son to Caddyshack. He lol'd all the way through it as did I (again), thought that with a few exceptions it has aged well.

Last edited:
Renewed the annual membership, and signed up my team for league night.

Can hardly wait for the season to start!

Reviewed video lesson and started working on the new drills

Range again this evening. Usual iron warm-up and then spent a bit more time with my 19* 3 hybrid off the deck as it has been mis-behaving recently. Got that under control again and them some 3W of a tee and then the deck. Finished off with 15 drives only one of which leaked out right sufficiently to have worried the RH edge of the fairway and also a PB.

Definitely felt like I had my swing path getting to where it needs to be (I have been listening Maroochi - and skimming the stone !)

Typical of my driver to perform the day before I go and demo the AI Smoke ;)

At Pop Stroke Myrtle enjoying a transfusion.

IMG_0914.jpeg

IMG_0915.jpeg

GolfTec lesson today.

Had a Golftec lesson. Booked a tee time for tomorrow afternoon and Saturday morning.

Talked to a golf OEM trying to procure drop weights.

Had an eye doctor appointment. It is about 20 minutes from the house. About another 10 minutes further, there is a course I heard a few things about. Some good and some not so good. Don't play there after a rain. Greens are crap after a rain. It is listed as semi-private. It is a 9 hole course. I got a look at the first hole today. Par 4 - 378 yards. This is actually a place I could check out for my first round whenever that is.

Bag gapping on the GC3 and then played nine holes on the SIM.

Full swing 48*, 60*, and 7i. 28 swings each.

Really beginning to like my new grip. Most shots were pretty good, with just 4-5 fatties.

Started early just after the morning irrigation ended. Pretty wet conditions.

Worked on a few drills for a little bit... Waiting for my back to heal up so I can get back to swinging.

Much needed range time
20240404_182542.jpg

Walked 18 this morning.

Hit my 60 wedge to a target 40 yards away. 28 balls. Ball was flying farther than 40 yards, but still on line.

After that I gave that used Nickent 9W, with the Gold 65 shaft on it. It played well for me with a slight draw ball flight. I was hitting some well worn range balls with it, so not sure about anything as yet. I was also limited to the distance I could hit it. Pretty sure the shaft is making a positive difference in this club's playability. I have the same shaft in my driver.

From there I moved over to the chip, and putt green. Couldn't get a lot done there due to the weekend players. Had to tell a coupe of them those were my golf balls. Not range balls.

The rest if the day (1pm) will be spent at our youngest Grandchild's, 18th, pool party, birthday. The last one. She received her Associates Degree yesterday, and will get her highschool diploma next month. Due to a special program, it looks like she's going to be teaching 1st Grade next August. Smart girl. Very Proud Of Her.

Range today - still really windy here and that might impact my plans to play on Tuesday. We'll see what changes overnight.

Spent a bit of time with my 3W today, and it was money off the tee and on the deck. Wedge practice left a bit to be desired but my new wedges will be here next week and so I'll be moving forwards and dialling those in next weekend...

Garage sim work last night still working on the drills from my last lesson and trying to get the feel of the correct movement

Spent about an hour at the range. 9 days ago I'm flushing every iron shot. Saturday and Sunday I can't hit the center of the clubface to save my life, and started the dreaded s word. And the range today wasn't much better.

Maybe I should just not touch a club for a few days.

Very quick demo of my new wedges in the garage to the wrapper off the driver head. All 3 clubs are in the bag for Wednesday.

Back