What did you shoot today?

43/39 = 82

Took the day off to do some things and figured might as well make my early morning walking 9 an 18 walk instead.

Made some putts I have no business making.

The putting and chipping mat my wife got me for Christmas is really paying off.......nice to be confident over a 10' putt......not that I'll "make it" but that I will get it to "tap in" at worst.......

+6 on the 9-hole Lake Park Executive Course. 7 par-3's and 2 par-4's. I hit good tee shots and great irons into most greens but putt like Ray Charles...

The new bucket hat was perfect in the wind and sun.

20240430_154017.jpg

I shot 38-40-80 today at The Legacy by Arthur Hills in Ottawa Lake, MI, which was so wet that they weren't even letting carts out !!!!
We walkers literally had the place to ourselves !! Played well on the front nine, but double bogeyed two consecutive holes on the back due to shanking one 6 iron and a couple of wedge shots....... I have no clue why that happened, but it doesn't do the self-confidence any good !!! Luckily, I rallied to finish par-bogey-par. Hit 7 greens and 30 putts.

1714509364-376245-image.png
PS....the hole shown is #8, an obvious copy of #17 @ PTC Sawgrass. The story is that Art Hills did NOT want to put the hole on the course, but the owners insisted on it. When Art played the course he always REFUSED to play that hole!!!
38-40-80???

43 and I’m not sure I could be any happier with it.

New swing feels were solid all night long. Lost two balls because I hit clubs longer than I ever have and had no reason to think a 9i would go that far.🤷‍♂️ Happy night!

I was +3 after 7 holes for league last night when they blew the horn pulling us off the course. That's the first time Ive had a round stoppage due to cold, wind, and snow.

The pic was from the middle of the round before the snow started to accumulate. There were some very cold golfers last evening, and looking for "white" golf balls in the snow was entertaining.

45950483-6BC7-4632-A709-909CCE4AC5E6.jpeg

I was +3 after 7 holes for league last night when they blew the horn pulling us off the course. That's the first time Ive had a round stoppage due to cold, wind, and snow.

The pic was from the middle of the round before the snow started to accumulate. There were some very cold golfers last evening, and looking for "white" golf balls in the snow was entertaining.

View attachment 9262355

ugh...:oops:

View attachment 9262355
No Way Smh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

That looks cold and miserable. However good on you for the scoring in those conditions!

38/42 = 80
Three 3 putts, and 3 doubles which didn't coincide.
Hit my irons OK, but had 36 putts, 19 on the back nine.
My excuse is that one of my dogs was puking all night startin at 00:15, and my alarm set for 0430, sobetween yakking and cleanup, I got no sleep.
Leaving for Scotland Friday!

42/44 = 86. This was one of those days when I felt like I played a lot better than my score reflected. I was striking my irons well, hitting pretty solid off the tees, had a decent short game and no 3-putts, but I had a few blow-up holes that derailed me for score. I went double-double-double on 12-14, and had one triple on the front (#1 handicap hole, which I made an absolute mess of). 9/14 FW, 8/18 GIR, 32 putts. Other than the blow-up holes, it was 8 pars and 6 bogeys.

We finished in 3:22, which was pretty good for a foursome considering that my buddy brought his grandson out to play with us, who is a beginner. He was spending a little time coaching him, but he's also a stickler for pace of play and didn't hesitate to have his grandson pick up his wayward shots and scramble from his tee shot, or pick up early when he was already way out of a hole. The kid's golf etiquette is really good (grandpa is a good teacher), and he was very conscious of not holding us up.

First post! Happy to be here. Shot an 80 at MB National during a guys trip this weekend. I'm a 7.6, but have been playing awful for the last couple months coming out of winter. Switched from PXG 0211 irons to Stealth HD irons a few rounds ago and I really like my new approach. No real shot shaping, just consistent contact and shooting at the center of greens. Perfect for a course like MB National that isn't terribly long or challenging. A lot of cuttable corners.

1714591181436.png

First post! Happy to be here. Shot an 80 at MB National during a guys trip this weekend. I'm a 7.6, but have been playing awful for the last couple months coming out of winter. Switched from PXG 0211 irons to Stealth HD irons a few rounds ago and I really like my new approach. No real shot shaping, just consistent contact and shooting at the center of greens. Perfect for a course like MB National that isn't terribly long or challenging. A lot of cuttable corners.

View attachment 9262428
Welcome to THP, and that looks like a beautiful course.

38 which is +3 on the back nine early morning at the club. Followed the guy around setting today's pins and tees......he chose wisely lol.

From 120yds in I am feeling pretty good right now. Not that I'm feeling bad up to 120yds, but from 120yds in is where I am picking up strokes compared to last year. Putting and chipping almost every day over the winter is paying off. HCP is dropping slowly.....

Last edited:
39/39 for a 78.
7/14 FIR
5/18 GIR
30 putts

Three birdies, a four putt double and some really bad breaks but very happy with the mental game

Would have been better but had a double on the 1 HCP hole......mishit 3w off the tee and recovered to get to the green putting for par but mis-read my lag.....ended up 3 putting. 2 Birdies in the 9 holes however.....some decent wedge play but not as close to the pin on a couple so 2 putts......

HCP is dropping a touch.....

45-50 for an entertaining 95. For the first eight holes I was on fire - making long putts for par and even chipped in once. Started to lose focus and cost myself dearly over the next few holes but recovered with back to back pars and ended on a high note.

37/35/72

12 fairways, 14 greens, 3 birds, 3 bogeys, one 3-putt (on the 1st hole!). But the bird on 18 more than made up for it to secure even par.

43. Entered my 9 hole score in GHiN and was given a 14.1 differential. Weather, cart path only, and slow golfers were gonna make this a 6 hour round so I called it quits after 9. I’m okay with the score. Handicap is dropping again. I made good decisions to punch out and committed to the recovery shots. I didn’t chase distance even though I was losing 30+ yards with my driver. 51 degrees and soggy conditions will do that. It was a huge mental game win for me today.

43/46. Shot 1 shot under my Course HDCP.

89 @ Tiffany Greens Golf Club in KC, MO. Playing the Gold tees.

Broke 90 for the first time!! Also my first round with zero 3-putts. Patting myself on the back right now with a Guinness in hand.

Started playing seriosuly in December after a decade hiatus and have been grinding hard. Took me 16 rounds to break 90 fair and square. Hcp has dropped from a 29 to a 14.7. Cheers

Goal is to break 85 by end of August.

Attachments

• IMG_7624.jpeg
    IMG_7624.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 3
41/39. Things are starting to come together.

Back