The SkyTrak+ Launch Monitor

what's the best colour to spray onto the mat for the ball dot??

black?? anyone else done this because of the laser?

Black would work.

Identical color green to the mat is probably a bad idea. :ROFLMAO:

what's the best colour to spray onto the mat for the ball dot??

black?? anyone else done this because of the laser?
I used a black pen to make a dot.

im curious..

I read in another post from an admin, that "there are great things to come"..

what sort of thing do we guys owning a ST+ expect / want to see on it this coming year??

im curious..

what sort of thing do we guys owning a ST+ expect / want to see on it this coming year??
Watch the 2024 SkyTrak Experience next month and you may find out.

don't do this to me!! :ROFLMAO:
When those of going know, you all here will know, what we can share anyway.

We knew about the wall etc maps last year but couldn't say anything. Hopefully those will come to the ST+ because they'd be a great training tool for people to work on their shot shapes.

im curious..

There are great things to come, and some have already been brought forward. Although there is a LOT that hasn't made it to public venue yet.

I agree with @AuzzieMatt to follow this year's experience. They will give us the info as much as they can. I'm really jealous not to be on the "inside" this year to hear what the rest of us won't. ;)

When those of going know, you all here will know, what we can share anyway.

We knew about the wall etc maps last year but couldn't say anything. Hopefully those will come to the ST+ because they'd be a great training tool for people to work on their shot shapes.
Add me to that group chat so I can know the 2024 secrets early :LOL:

Just in from the net. And feel bad. Don’t think I will be continuing with my instructor for lessons…

This is because when I changed back to a combination of my old swing and what he is teaching me I get better results..

My miss hits are still getting out there and I’m getting around 15-20 yards more compared to what’s I’m being taught..

I thought it was the monitor lol, but no I feel more comfortable with what I know, and my monitor shows that.

considering upgrading my 10.9" iPad Air to a gen 1/2 iPad Pro 12.9" for the screen real estate.

Will ST+ software work ok on these older iPad Pros???

considering upgrading my 10.9" iPad Air to a gen 1/2 iPad Pro 12.9" for the screen real estate.

Will ST+ software work ok on these older iPad Pros???
It should, but if you can go more recent and get the M1 iPad Pro or later the experience might be that much better due to the faster processor

It should, but if you can go more recent and get the M1 iPad Pro or later the experience might be that much better due to the faster processor
Experience was decent with an iPhone 11 for range practice for what it’s worth

I've had some weeks recently where I struggle to do anything other than things I have to do, meaning my ST+ time is limited. This week has been a tiny bit kinder and I've been able to do some practicing and club testing.

Really looking forward to a UI update here soon. Just something to keep the experience fresh and exciting.

Some connection issues here and there, though I am not working with the most ideal internet setup. Router is pretty far away, though it seems more frequent recently. Just a connection drop and reset every now and then. I may consider a couple options to see if it's something I can improve on my end.

This unit with 2 camaras and a radar unit is capable of great things. Should be able to measure everything and not calculate it. Here's hoping this is in the future as well as officially supporting GSPRO. Fingers crossed.
My only thought is that the side based radar might have some limitations

My only thought is that the side based radar might have some limitations
Nothing the cameras don’t compensate for.

The only thing holding this back from being THE launch monitor is software.

Hi folks. I'm curious about your measured launch angle experiences with lofty clubs.

I picked up some new irons with standard lofts, or lofts towards the top end of how lofty irons can get these days. My new 7i has a 34* loft. It's a big change from the game improvement irons I've set to the side. Anyway, based on the ST+ display, a 7i should optimally be in the 16 to 18 degree range (I think that's the range). It was easy to be green there with the old 7i. With the new one? Not so much. A good feeling swing gets me a 20 or 21 degree launch angle. Carry with that is usually around 160.

If you have lofty irons, what's the usual LA with a 7i? I'm trying to figure out if the ST+ is just expecting people have a 30ish degree 7i, or if I need to spend more time getting my hands forward.

Thanks.

Hi folks. I'm curious about your measured launch angle experiences with lofty clubs.

I picked up some new irons with standard lofts, or lofts towards the top end of how lofty irons can get these days. My new 7i has a 34* loft. It's a big change from the game improvement irons I've set to the side. Anyway, based on the ST+ display, a 7i should optimally be in the 16 to 18 degree range (I think that's the range). It was easy to be green there with the old 7i. With the new one? Not so much. A good feeling swing gets me a 20 or 21 degree launch angle. Carry with that is usually around 160.

If you have lofty irons, what's the usual LA with a 7i? I'm trying to figure out if the ST+ is just expecting people have a 30ish degree 7i, or if I need to spend more time getting my hands forward.

Thanks.
It's comparing to pros or what's ideal launch angles. That's also why pros hit their irons another club or two further than you and I.

Apparently I haven't posted in 14 years but I bought a Skytrak+ for my garage and I'm extremely happy with it. The impact stuff posted a few pages back looks extremely interesting, would be nice with actual AoA-data too.

Last edited:
Apparently I haven't posted in 14 years but I bought a Skytrak+ for my garage and I'm extremely happy with it. The impact stuff posted a few pages back looks extremely interesting, would be nice with actual AoA-data too.
Nice way to soften those winters. How's the game?

I really got into simulatorgolf over the winter to manage the itch and then I decided to get a Skytrak for my garage. Mostly for practice but gonna check out the courses eventually. Already find myself spending 1-2 hours on it per day.

Game is alright, hopefully better than last year (2-way miss..). A better ballstriker now than when I played competitively 10+ years ago but a much worse golfer. 😂

Set up a TM Combine-test with the Skill Assessment feature. Didn't think it all the way through so when I got to the driver and realised I was trying to hit a green and not a fairway 275m/300y away I got a bit pissed off (because I felt I was crushing it until that point) and started sending it instead. 😂 Turned into a long drive/speed session after that. Gonna edit this template to have a green at the ~180-190m distance instead of the driver.
Skärmbild 2024-05-10 185628.png

A little more work into the UI (goes for the whole app really) and options and this would be a sick feature for practice. It's already really good but could be +++.

Set up a TM Combine-test with the Skill Assessment feature. Didn't think it all the way through so when I got to the driver and realised I was trying to hit a green and not a fairway 275m/300y away I got a bit pissed off (because I felt I was crushing it until that point) and started sending it instead. 😂 Turned into a long drive/speed session after that. Gonna edit this template to have a green at the ~180-190m distance instead of the driver.
View attachment 9265948

A little more work into the UI (goes for the whole app really) and options and this would be a sick feature for practice. It's already really good but could be +++.
I really liked this feature a lot. I can’t wait to get mine set back up.

Back