EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Interested in why the MAX 3 wood and then the X 5 wood? Is it just you need more height/spin with the 3 wood?

Have you had a chance to try any of the clubs out yet?
For me, the 3 wood has always been "get it down there as far as you can" club. I figured more height and more spin would be the most beneficial for me with that club. Plus is seems to be the more forgiving of the line. It is a bit of a one trick pony for me as I would most likely not use it anywhere but from the fairway on par 5s. The shorter 5 wood with more loft is not usually an issue for me, hence going with the X instead of the Max. I don't feel like I need the added forgiveness.

I am also toying with the idea of turning down the loft of my 5 wood, passing on the 3 wood, and putting a second hybrid in the bag instead.

I stopped by Golf Galaxy yesterday, but it was too close to closing, and I spent too much time on the putting green. I am changing my putter choice to the counter balanced Agera RS. I was the most stable putter for me, and it felt great. I am now a fan of counter balanced putters. It really helped take my wrists out of the putting stroke and allowed me to rock my shoulders smoothly.

This Saturday I will be hitting the rest of the clubs to finalize my list. Woods, irons, hybrids.

I could be down with this bag. I love the Lin-Q Red in my ST-X Driver and ST-Z 5w and would love to try it out in the Darkspeed. I had the 54* and 58* in Black with the versatile grind and loved them. I also have the Agera and it may never leave my bag. It's so so good to

For those selected for the Morgan Cup, that video with Yags is basically mandatory listening. Tremendous explanation of the technology in the Darkspeed driver heads.

I will also say that I think the propensity of club selection is to lean towards forgiveness. While the 9 degree LS may be intimidating on paper, it’s a supremely easy club to hit and get good launch. It is low spin for sure, but it’s not low spin in the sense of the phrase a few years ago. Don’t be afraid to have confidence in your abilities.
I am still considering the LS as well for my selection. Other reviews concur with your assessment.

I need to find some putters to hit. PGA SS had zero cobra putters.

Shockingly they have had them at both Golf Galaxys I've been to here if thats an option. Surprised PGA SS doesn't have them, they had a few in SA when we were there

As your Lord mentioned, Golf Galaxy around here has them for sure. Been over a year since I've been to our PGA SS, so I can't speak to their stock.

As your Lord mentioned, Golf Galaxy around here has them for sure. Been over a year since I've been to our PGA SS, so I can't speak to their stock.
Did you notice if they had the rest of the new line? I’m going to be up that way Saturday and would like to try some stuff so I’m not wearing myself out and getting bad info Sunday at my fitting

For me, the 3 wood has always been "get it down there as far as you can" club. I figured more height and more spin would be the most beneficial for me with that club. Plus is seems to be the more forgiving of the line. It is a bit of a one trick pony for me as I would most likely not use it anywhere but from the fairway on par 5s. The shorter 5 wood with more loft is not usually an issue for me, hence going with the X instead of the Max. I don't feel like I need the added forgiveness.

I am also toying with the idea of turning down the loft of my 5 wood, passing on the 3 wood, and putting a second hybrid in the bag instead.

I stopped by Golf Galaxy yesterday, but it was too close to closing, and I spent too much time on the putting green. I am changing my putter choice to the counter balanced Agera RS. I was the most stable putter for me, and it felt great. I am now a fan of counter balanced putters. It really helped take my wrists out of the putting stroke and allowed me to rock my shoulders smoothly.

This Saturday I will be hitting the rest of the clubs to finalize my list. Woods, irons, hybrids.
I will say the X was not hard to hit at all. Going to come down more to the ball flight you’re looking for. Max went higher than the rest, but also more left. X and LS were similar for me but just had a bit lower spin in the LS but both had the fade I look for when hitting well.

You know your game better than I would so I am not trying to influence one way or the other, but the X I wouldn’t say is unforgiving anymore so than the Max. These three really all are great to hit.

Did you notice if they had the rest of the new line? I’m going to be up that way Saturday and would like to try some stuff so I’m not wearing myself out and getting bad info Sunday at my fitting
I'm heading that way on Saturday as well... I went up two weekends ago and walked out when all of the bays were booked solid for 3 hours.

Man, I was fortunate then. It's been almost a month ago, but they had 5-6 different 2024 models and several 2023 models last time I was there. I'll keep my eye out next time I'm in there and let you know if they've restocked.

On the flip side, I love it that they're moving Cobra putters this season.

these added videos are making me want to get the DarkSpeed irons more & more. :eek:

these added videos are making me want to get the DarkSpeed irons more & more. :eek:
I think you might like them given what you're playing now.

Just gonna leave this here. Thanks again for the MC Champion swag @TWright971!

IMG_0695.jpeg

Just gonna leave this here. Thanks again for the MC Champion swag @TWright971!

View attachment 9262617
Yessssssssssss!!!!

Joining Welcome Home GIF

🚨 🚨🚨🚨 ANNOUNCEMENT 🚨🚨🚨🚨

Slight change to the available options for GRAPHITE IRON SHAFTS ONLY

Mitsubishi MMT iron shafts are now available for Morgan Cup Participants as an alternative graphite option. This is the ONLY upcharge option available other than no up-charge options already listed. If you try to choose a different graphite option it will be changed by your captain.

🚨 🚨🚨🚨 ANNOUNCEMENT 🚨🚨🚨🚨

Mitsubishi MMT iron shafts are now available for Morgan Cup Participants as an alternative graphite option. This is the ONLY upcharge option available other than no up-charge options already listed. If you try to choose a different graphite option it will be changed by your captain.
Thank you for the info Lord Tox! I hit the King Tours with the MMT 105 and came away impressed enough to give it a second look.

🚨 🚨🚨🚨 ANNOUNCEMENT 🚨🚨🚨🚨

I think that changes things for some folks.

Thankfully the kind Lord @jdtox found a way to make this happen.
So when we see the skanks, shanks, tops, fats, thins and everything else, it wont be a shaft issue.

🚨 🚨🚨🚨 ANNOUNCEMENT 🚨🚨🚨🚨

ooooh! That's a great option to have.

🚨 🚨🚨🚨 ANNOUNCEMENT 🚨🚨🚨🚨

That is an awesome development. Does this change anyone's current leader for bag setup?

Back