EXPERIENCE The 2024 Mitsubishi Shaft Experience

New Putter AND Driver Shaft?!

This is awesome. Cannot wait to see what participants end up with on the driver side, and cannot wait to learn more about the putter shaft
Oh and there will be more...

@JB , is there anyone in particular at Mitsubishi we can communicate with regarding advice on the driver shaft? I did the online fitting a few weeks ago but the recommendations it gave seemed a little too stout for my game.
In the last experience that just happened, we had someone fit to an X flex who never thought it would be an option, and a fast swinger fit to a ladies flex designated shaft (even though it’s a proto) carrying the ball over 300 yards. I know that was an onsite fitting, but don’t already discount what might be suggested! You may be surprised!

In the last experience that just happened, we had someone fit to an X flex who never thought it would be an option, and a fast swinger fit to a ladies flex designated shaft (even though it’s a proto) carrying the ball over 300 yards. I know that was an onsite fitting, but don’t already discount what might be suggested! You may be surprised!
Experience participants not following the live threads are truly missing out on maximizing their own.

Still mind-blowing to me

UPDATE TIME!

Participants you will be getting a brand new driver shaft and a brand new putter shaft upon arrival at the event.
Lets talk putter shaft first.
This will be their new Diamana Putter Shaft. It will be raw, but upon returning home post event, you will be able to get it installed as well as review it on the THP Forum.

Driver Shaft - This is some fun. You can choose any shaft they offer. The way this will work is simple and we are going to start a thread on it coming up today for you to participate in as well. First up, you will go here.

Go through their online fit and it will spit out a few shafts. You get to pick which one of the things spit out you want. Weight, flex, length, what driver adapter you have so it can be played at Ballyhack and what grip you would like.

You will then send a PM to @GolferGal with this info.
Forum Name
Driver Shaft Choice
What Driver it is going in
Playing Length
Grip of Choice

We will be getting these all together and building them up and bringing them to Ballyhack for our first night's dinner along with some other goodies and of course the putter shaft.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
And also have some fun in this thread.
Holy crap!

Driver AND putter shaft? BEAUTY!

You can communicate with me. If you have questions, send them to me or post them here.
I have a question that I always bounce back and forth on in the fitting tool.

I live right on the edge of the 105-106 swing speed line. I tend to start about 108 and then slow a little through the round. Which way would you say to input based on this?

I have a question that I always bounce back and forth on in the fitting tool.

I live right on the edge of the 105-106 swing speed line. I tend to start about 108 and then slow a little through the round. Which way would you say to input based on this?
Personally it would depend on the miss. If its left (RH golfer) I would go the lower side, if its right I would go the other way. But this is very general. I tend to view fitting less inside a data bubble than most however.

Personally it would depend on the miss. If its left (RH golfer) I would go the lower side, if its right I would go the other way. But this is very general. I tend to view fitting less inside a data bubble than most however.
As the round goes on, the miss becomes more push fade. I’m definitely more out to in as I go through the round trying to put “put more into it.” I think that’s why I’ve liked leaning into a little lighter shaft lately. Reminds me at the beginning to let the shaft work because I don’t have to as much.

You can communicate with me. If you have questions, send them to me or post them here.
Thanks. Will do that tomorrow morning. Working a 12 hour day today mowing because tomorrow morning is going to be a washout here.

As the round goes on, the miss becomes more push fade. I’m definitely more out to in as I go through the round trying to put “put more into it.” I think that’s why I’ve liked leaning into a little lighter shaft lately. Reminds me at the beginning to let the shaft work because I don’t have to as much.
Interesting. Okay, that probably nails it down for you. Something slightly lighter that still offers the stability to go after it when you want to.

Also I’m loving the Ballyhack hole previews leading up to this event. Not only do we get Mitsubishi hotness but we also get to play it at Ballyhack!!!
So good isn’t it…

Im not sure anybody has seen @SVonhof
He hasn't logged in for about a week.

We will give him a few more days and then be forced to move on to someone else.

New Putter AND Driver Shaft?!

This is awesome. Cannot wait to see what participants end up with on the driver side, and cannot wait to learn more about the putter shaft
I'm super interested in the putter shaft and how they view the changes that have happened in that arena up to now and where they think it's going.

Can’t find him with a Search Warrant.

Whole lot of goodness in here today... Someone send out the search party for @SVonhof so he doesn't miss out on this!

I think I’ve narrowed it down to two choices. Decision to be narrowed down after work. Any thoughts or input also appreciated.

Diamana WB 53 S - little bit lighter but nice and firm throughout so I can go after it as needed.

Diamana GT 50 S - just about the same weight and torque as the wb which fits what works for me. Little less firm through the middle and tip. Little more launch which I could always use.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to two choices. Decision to be narrowed down after work. Any thoughts or input also appreciated.

Diamana WB 53 S - little bit lighter but nice and firm throughout so I can go after it as needed.

Diamana GT 50 S - just about the same weight and torque as the wb which fits what works for me. Little less firm through the middle and tip. Little more launch which I could always use.
Tough call. With miss being right, I would naturally say go with the one with that is firmer in mid and tip, but both of these could work well for that.
Its a fun choice and a year of the return of Diamana, which is awesome.

I have been traveling to the West Coast and have been busy with friends, family and work visits so logging on here has not been happening.
I get home next Monday. I really want to get out to somewhere with a launch monitor to see what my swing speed is now (as I know it has changed) before making my decision. I am super excited for this and the putter shaft will be super interesting as well!

Back