TaylorMade Spider Tour Series Putters

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
You have to hand it to TaylorMade golf when it comes to putters, they have achieved a lot of success over the years on Tour. However, their best move might be the recent streamlining and refinement of just how they want to be seen within the putter market. First, we saw the introduction of TP Reserve that hones in on producing a premium milled option, but finally we are now going to see them also refine the Spider Tour putters and put them on a pedestal the way they deserve.

Continue reading...

Great writeup and cool refresh on a great line of putters. Love the shape of the Tour X.

Nice write up @Jman on this new Spider lineup.
I don't know why however my first take is that $350.00 for a Non- Milled putter seems really "Rich" IMO.

They look nice. From what I recall a drastic improvement over the “re-model” they recently attempted.

I like this release, seems like it gets back the Spider roots. Offers a full line of multiple shapes including the S and the X, along with some newer looks. I actually the Z looks pretty decent.

The V is something I could see myself being successful with, though I'm just not a big fan of the bigger mallets in general. Love the tech story.

As always a good article- I’ve always really wanted to get along with one of these but just haven’t been able to. The Z does fit my eye pretty well, so will definitely give it a roll when I can.

Great write up! I'm glad they brought back the OG Spider. I always liked the Spider putters.

It looks and sounds like all good things. So happy to see the Tour back.

I still prefer the original without all the racing stripes.

I always liked the Spider shape.

I'm going to be a crumodgeon though, I don't like seeing the ground through the putter. I prefer the filled in look of the Odyssey 10.

Still too big for my eye. I prefer the more mid-size Spider GT. Big putter make me feel like I'm gonna blast short putts past the hole, especially when it looks like a giant space ship. I'm sure it's just me.

I don't know why however my first take is that $350.00 for a Non- Milled putter seems really "Rich" IMO.
Eh, it’s pretty standard honestly.

Still too big for my eye. I prefer the more mid-size Spider GT. Big putter make me feel like I'm gonna blast short putts past the hole, especially when it looks like a giant space ship. I'm sure it's just me.
I think the size would be more comparable than you think.

It looks and sounds like all good things. So happy to see the Tour back.
Same. It’s a smart move by them. They’re really cleaning up their putter releases from the **** show it’s been for a few years.

I like the shaping of the Spider Tour V.

Same. It’s a smart move by them. They’re really cleaning up their putter releases from the **** show it’s been for a few years.
Do you think you'll get one to review?

I think the size would be more comparable than you think.

I know the actual size isn't much bigger, but they "look" bigger to my eye for whatever reason.

Nobody ever said golfers were rational. :p

That Tour Z is sharp. Love the design there.

I loved both the OG tour and the X. May have to revisit one next spring, look forward to comparing the 2

Pretty neat that there are options for putters that are not milled and also less than #350, but also milled putters that are $125.

Options are cool.

Ok, ok. I’m going to have to roll the OG again. Such a great shape.

That Tour Z is sharp. Love the design there.
I’m super curious about it the insert will feel better now with the dampening material right behind it, because TM’s inserts are not great imo.

Back