Skymark on a driver

If getting a skymark on your new driver was a real possibility, would you let that person hit it?

• Yes

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 38 70.4%

• Total voters
I told my son's brother in law, 'if you put a skymark on my driver, it's $600 to replace. Go ahead if you're prepared to buy me a new one'

I'd have to sell my driver for next to nothing and replace it, there's no way I'm letting someone who has potential to damage it try without knowing the consequences
If I ever ask to hit your driver say "NO!" I will show you pop-up marks on my own just to confirm. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I voted no, but there’s a small twist to it. If I was lucky enough to be testing it for THP, I would let the person hit it. If it gets a sky mark, it gets a sky mark. I’m lucky to have it anyways, so why not let other people try it out

I can't remember the last time I hit someone else's club, or when someone else asked to hit one of mine. Regardless, I voted No because I don't like sky-marks and won't do anything to increase the possibility of me getting one.

I had it happen on a newer driver so I guess my answer is yes. It was a bummer at the time but I got over it and would do it again.

I've done it before - oddly with strangers and my daughter. I would have reservations and voted no, but in reality, I would have a tough time actually denying anyone. Assuming I had seen them hit a few balls before. I might ask them if they would let try their driver - to see the reaction.

Nope. Bad enough if I was to do it, don’t want someone else doing it for me.

I figured you knew where this thread was going!

You and your bombs are going to keep us in play good sir.
You can totally hit it if you want, I'm just messing with ya. I'm going to be begging anybody with a L-inq Blue to let me hit theirs!

i would not let a stranger but someone I play with regularly.

i would not let a stranger but someone I play with regularly.

Yeah i'm same.....not sure i'd let a random guy hit my club if i thought there was a 50-50 skymark chance.

This did happen to me a couple of years ago with a friend though. Brand new PXG 0311 driver.....skymarked it on his first swing. Should never have let him hit it lol

I voted no but in reality I will let anyone hit it...with the caveat if you mark it you bought it :cool:
It is almost impossible to sky mark the Cobra offerings of the last few years. I have tried and failed.

It is almost impossible to sky mark the Cobra offerings of the last few years. I have tried and failed.
The Callaway Ai Smoke drivers are very resistant to sky marks too.

...or so I've heard. Like, from a friend or something, not that I've ever done it myself. Nope. Nosirree.

Back