Skymark on a driver

If getting a skymark on your new driver was a real possibility, would you let that person hit it?

• Yes

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 38 70.4%

• Total voters

Daluteh

Touring Purple - 2024 Bag Boy Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
This question comes up from time to time, with letting others swing your clubs.

If you just played a round with someone and based upon their hits you're thinking it's a 50/50 whether or not they would sky mark your new driver, if they asked to swing it would you let them? Would you offer for them to give it few rips to try it out?

How concerned are you about getting that on your driver?

I'm just as likely to put a sky mark on it as someone else. I've also had some success in removing said sky marks so I'm usually in the camp of sure give it a whirl.

If he was a know skymarker I'd say no. Some people just have that problem more than others.

But, generally speaking I don't care. I watched my kid's best friend bust the head right off my 5 wood. I think he was expecting me to punch him based off the look on his face lol. Stuff happens.

I don't mind at all, for the reason that it'll just be a friend to the other one(s) that may already be there.

I did see last night though that somehow I have a couple of scratches on the top of my driver and while skymarks do not bother me those are kind of irritating, I think it's mostly because I have no idea what happened there.

If he was a know skymarker I'd say no. Some people just have that problem more than others.

But, generally speaking I don't care. I watched my kid's best friend bust the head right off my 5 wood. I think he was expecting me to punch him based off the look on his face lol. Stuff happens.
I think a lot of us have straight up snapped a club - I know I did it to my old 6i and it was very odd.

With kids though, I would totally agree that stuff happens; can't be too mad at kids if they were trying to use it the right way. Now if they were smashing it against the garage that's another story (but we still don't hit them in the face).

I’d make them tee it low and hit off a mat. :)

I told my son's brother in law, 'if you put a skymark on my driver, it's $600 to replace. Go ahead if you're prepared to buy me a new one'

I'd have to sell my driver for next to nothing and replace it, there's no way I'm letting someone who has potential to damage it try without knowing the consequences

I voted No. but, really don’t care. Wouldn’t be thrilled about it but there are bigger things in life to stress over than a scratch on my driver.

No, but...
If it was a close friend in the reg Group and he did that I'd put a sticker next to Mark stating, "Glen was Here", with an Arrow pointing at mark. It would stay there for at least a year.

Used to, but last sim round in garage and a sons buddy putting a small dent in my backup... no more.

Haha, I've said I wouldn't do it again before and three marked drivers later I still did. You think I would learn.

THP buddies still get a pass.

By this reasoning I should not be hitting my own driver. With the number of skymarks I have put on it so far this year, I am surprised the head hasn't broken apart so far.

Yup, had a buddy do this to me only days after getting my new TSR last year. We were at an indoor Sim place and he did not have his clubs. Luckily i was able to buff it off. Last time I ever do that.
20230317_070508.jpg

If I know it's a more likely to do it than not possibility than I would probably stray away...I feel like I'm not put in a situation very often where someone asks to hit my stuff, but maybe that's just me

It's a golf club it hits hard things and will get marks. Don't remotely care.

I'm just as likely to put a sky mark on it as someone else. I've also had some success in removing said sky marks so I'm usually in the camp of sure give it a whirl.
Same exact thing here.

doesn't bother me at all as I've already put sky marks on it myself

I voted no, I can do it but don't want anyone else doing it.

Don't care much. Now when my son and his buddies grab my driver and go out in the yard to swing as hard as they can, I get worried. 2 seasons ago my driver head went bouncing down the cart path. I assume it was from teens hitting too many off the hosel. I pointed to the spare clubs that are in the basement, and said these are f**k around clubs.

I've always let just about anyone swing my stuff and that's surely not changing at this point.

I will absolutely offer them something that might suit them better if my personal whatever a terrible fit for them though. Which dramatically decreases the odds of them crowning it.

I would allow it... but on the flip side its why i almost never ask to hit anyone's clubs and politely refuse if they offer :p

Its not that I'm a known skymarker, in fact I do it very rarely but I just know that will be the time it happens

If I've already put one on it, then so be it. But I won't let them try it if I haven't put one on there first. :ROFLMAO:

I voted no but in reality I will let anyone hit it...with the caveat if you mark it you bought it :cool:

Indoors yes, outdoors, maybe not..

I voted No then changed it to Yes, I am just as likely to put a mark on it so go ahead.

Yeah, go ahead I guess. Aww man, it's facing the wrong way. :ROFLMAO: I don't know that many lefty golfers besides me and THP'ers here.

Back