Shot Scope Pro L2 Laser Rangefinder

I wear glasses so that might be the difference but I haven’t had any issues on the focus. Used during league this week and it worked like a champ as when I hit the club how it is supposed to be hit the yardages matched up really well.

I wear glasses so that might be the difference but I haven’t had any issues on the focus. Used during league this week and it worked like a champ as when I hit the club how it is supposed to be hit the yardages matched up really well.
I've compared probably close to 100 yardage measurements with my buddy's Bushnell, every one of them has been right on or within a yard. We've never had a "huh?" moment with the readings.

I figured out what's bumping the focus. It's a bit of a tight fit in the case, and when I put it back in today and zipped it up, I noticed that the adjustment ring was rubbing against the top of the case. I have the cleaning cloth in there, so maybe it's getting crumpled up beneath the rangefinder and taking up just enough room to make it happen.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Hard to keep the L2 in stock. Which isnt a surprise it is unrivalled for value.
Great to hear it’s been popular.

Well played 14 holes today it was 110 when we got off the course. The L2 is excellent. Clear optics and very quick to get the distance. The scan function is cool it made it very easy to use. No issue with the magnet and we played at a course that is hilly and has some rough cart paths. The heat was no issue also. Very happy with my initial use of the L2!

Well played 14 holes today it was 110 when we got off the course. The L2 is excellent. Clear optics and very quick to get the distance. The scan function is cool it made it very easy to use. No issue with the magnet and we played at a course that is hilly and has some rough cart paths. The heat was no issue also. Very happy with my initial use of the L2!
Top magnet in the industry.

I forgot to mention no issue with the eye piece, I like it way more than my last rangefinder.

IMG_0134.jpeg
Perfect way to keep it dry in slight mists

Three rounds down with the L2.I don’t have any complaints on it. If you are looking for a great price point and fast reliable distance readings this hits on all of those. Very happy with this purchase.

Three rounds down with the L2.I don’t have any complaints on it. If you are looking for a great price point and fast reliable distance readings this hits on all of those. Very happy with this purchase.
I can’t see any reason to spend more on any other rangefinder unless somebody wants more advanced features like shot tracking, green maps, etc. The Pro L2 is the best bang for the buck on the market.

I can’t see any reason to spend more on any other rangefinder unless somebody wants more advanced features like shot tracking, green maps, etc. The Pro L2 is the best bang for the buck on the market.

Agree on that. I wanted simple and this does not get any easier to use!

I gave the magnet a pretty good test yesterday. Ran over a hidden tree root at in the cart, the jolt was hard enough to slam my head into the roof of the cart and knock my bag out of the bag well - if it hadn't been strapped in it would've gone flying, the base was barely hanging onto the back of the cart. The Pro L2 was stuck to the steering column and it stayed put, didn't move an inch.

Since being home from Ballyhack where we received the Pro L2 my approach game has been much improved, and I give the Pro L2 a lot of credit for the improvement. Before having the Pro L2 my approach was to use my X5 for middle of the green number for front flag locations, and back of the green number for everything else (but I also felt that I sometimes had trouble committing to that). Since receiving the L2 my approach is to take the club that will land past the slope adjust flag distance and before the back of the green number on my X5. As seen in my stats this approach seems better for me.

Here is my whole of 2023 number:
1689347146903.png

Here are the last 5 rounds:
1689347192738.png
I've gone from 40% short before having the L2, to 26% short since. Not too shabby. Plus the Pro L2 is so quick and easy to use. Love it.

Today marks a month with the Pro L2 for me. I've had zero problems or issues with it, the magnet holds it in place through anything short of an absolute catastrophe (e.g., a @J.B. Cobb III cart ride), the readings are right on the mark, and it's just as fast to acquire a target as any rangefinder I've used. If you have a flag that's hard to lock because of background clutter, the scan feature makes it a lot easier - pick a larger target and lock it, then scan down to the flagstick and it will lock on it.

The device fits comfortably in the hand, and couldn't possibly be any easier to use. I tap the button to wake it up as I'm grabbing it and bringing it up to my eye, then aim and shoot - done. It easily picks up any target you aim it at, as long as the target provides some kind of definition it can lock onto - a bunker edge, a bank on the far side of a water hazard, a yardage marker, cart sign, tree/bush...whatever you want a yardage to hit (or avoid).

Today marks a month with the Pro L2 for me. I've had zero problems or issues with it, the magnet holds it in place through anything short of an absolute catastrophe (e.g., a @J.B. Cobb III cart ride), the readings are right on the mark, and it's just as fast to acquire a target as any rangefinder I've used. If you have a flag that's hard to lock because of background clutter, the scan feature makes it a lot easier - pick a larger target and lock it, then scan down to the flagstick and it will lock on it.

The device fits comfortably in the hand, and couldn't possibly be any easier to use. I tap the button to wake it up as I'm grabbing it and bringing it up to my eye, then aim and shoot - done. It easily picks up any target you aim it at, as long as the target provides some kind of definition it can lock onto - a bunker edge, a bank on the far side of a water hazard, a yardage marker, cart sign, tree/bush...whatever you want a yardage to hit (or avoid).
Spot on review here. I have had it for a couple of months and it is a great device with great technology. The scan feature makes life soo much easier with clutter in the background. I love using it in conjunction with my X5 watch to get pin placement and then picking the appropriate club to hit the green depending on the placement.

Agree with all of this. We both also used this sat and the temp was 118 at the end. My rangefinder was hot to the touch and no issue at all.

Agree with all of this. We both also used this sat and the temp was 118 at the end. My rangefinder was hot to the touch and no issue at all.
Had to use the 🔥 response :LOL:

Great range session this morning and was grateful I had my L2 in the bag as the markers were off of where they were supposed to of been as I kept coming up short. Shot the laser and realized they were 8 yds off.

The L2 is a nice unit. Simple and accurate

Having always used GPS distance devices I didn’t realize how much I would love and come to rely on this rangefinder. Knowing the distance to the flag and selecting a club that will fly that has been such a confidence booster for my approach shots. I believe some of this is mental but knowing that PIN number allows me to feel like I’m staying aggressive on my approaches more so than just using middle/back numbers. Also having the slope adjusted number has really showed me how much I under estimated the effect of slope when just using the gps numbers. This device has been great for my game. Thanks shotscope and THP.

Shooting cover yardages is an underrated thing. It’s nice that the Pro L2 easily locks on to just about anything I can shoot, so I make sure I’m taking enough club to avoid whatever trouble is in front of me.

Shooting cover yardages is an underrated thing. It’s nice that the Pro L2 easily locks on to just about anything I can shoot, so I make sure I’m taking enough club to avoid whatever trouble is in front of me.
Cover and worse case scenario if you nuke one.

Back