Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Bettinardi/Cobra armlock Jailbird maybe even broomstick thats listed on the website

8-GW in Cleveland MAX to blend with my 588 Altitudes and/or a couple SS FF wedges. Possibly a bag? My tad of OCD is killing me with my Altitudes in a COBRA bag 🙄. Still have lots of shop credit.

My gap wedge is long past its prime, the grooves look like upside down vinyl siding. I'm thinking of going 50° to close the gap a little, which brings up an interesting new wrinkle. Do I go with a traditional wedge, as I'm used to in that spot, or do I go with a set wedge? In the set wedge option, there's also the potential I stay with the Apex CB, or do I maybe go with the Apex MB to bridge that gap between traditional and set wedge even more? For as long as I can think back, my wedges have used TT DG or DG TI S300. My Apex irons have the PX LZ, which I had gone away from after a fitting during a time with more swing flaws. I went back to the LZ and find myself grooving with them again. What to do, what to do?

For the first time in a long time I’m without irons. The Smoke AI irons didn’t work out and had to send them back to Callaway for a full refund. Now I sit with no irons and trying to figure out which way to go. I have a fitting set up to test the Apex and Apex pros because Callaway is giving a full refund back in the form of credit so I need to use it there.

For the first time in a long time I’m without irons. The Smoke AI irons didn’t work out and had to send them back to Callaway for a full refund. Now I sit with no irons and trying to figure out which way to go. I have a fitting set up to test the Apex and Apex pros because Callaway is giving a full refund back in the form of credit so I need to use it there.
Sorry that didn't work out- when's the fitting?

Next week. I found some time Saturday that worked out.
Don't pass on the CBs in the short irons just because they're CBs, very playable.

Replacing my set gap wedge with a 50* MG4 is already planned when I get my reward points here.

Pondering:
- replacing the set pitching wedge with a 46*
- getting a 14g weight to test a 14/14 config on the 🔹🔹🔹
- maybe some weights for the cruiser mini

Back to pondering irons. Smoke AI didn't work out like I wish they had. I'm leaning to going back to Apex but the Pros are also in the mix....
I know a guy with a set of Pro’s just sitting needing a new home…

I know a guy with a set of Pro’s just sitting needing a new home…
After I hit them to check out the numbers, if that's the way I go, I will reach out. I like everything about the pros, but thinking I need the extra forgiveness the Apex might provide given how unpredictable my schedule is.

Apex Pro with the 10 and 11 CBs... Dart aren't an upcharge

I have been pondering over wedges for a little while now. I hate my current approach wedge. It’s the same model as my sand wedge that I love and my lob wedge. My sand wedge is a high bounce and I do everything with it confidently. My approach wedge has only 6* of bounce and it’s hit or miss and not reliable for me on distance.

New irons is dictating new wedges due to loft differences and distance increases with irons. I am pondering a Mizuno S23 48 although I have yet to hit one I like what I see and read on it. I want something a little closer to my irons in design without going with the set approach wedge which I feel is actually not going to gap well with the PW.

I am also considering multiple brand more traditional wedges in 52 and 56. I rarely use my lob wedge but I also rarely use anything between driver and 4I so I can let the course and my mood dictate whether I carry 2 between or pull 1 and add the 60 I already own.

Looking at T24s, S159s, and of course Edel wedges. Obviously I do prefer higher bounce options as they seem a better fit but I always struggle trying to figure out grinds. 🤷‍♂️ I probably need to do something soon but I hate buying semi-blind and aside from the s159, the others are near impossible to find and try around here.

I am also thinking I will match the shaft to my new irons. Not a popular choice with some but I am not crazy about generalized wedge shafts and a lot come with DG shafts which I despise with a passion. Whatever I do needs to have options for shafts without adding a boatload to the price. (I am tightwad but only on up charges. Don’t mind spending $200 on a single wedge if it works.)

Decisions, decisions. 🤔

9 wood pondering….. after playing my new 7 wood yesterday and seeing how easy to hit it was, I’m definitely considering the 9 wood. Unreal the height I was effortlessly getting out of the 7 wood. I never liked head covers but I’m slowly changing my mind I believe.

I need shaft up in my life. Going back n forth with a few driver shaft options and just want that comfortability of knowing im using what is fit for my swing

Pondering newer irons with graphite shafts. My D200s with the stock Elements Chrome shafts are showing their age, and my D7s are steel shafted. Between my elbow & wrists, and just how the club feels in transition, I want to get back to graphites sooner rather than later.

Debating a P-DHY, not really sure why, but a little help in the 4 iron spot is never bad.

What would launch lower, a 3U at 19* or a GI style 4 iron at the same loft? I currently have a one length 3U I hit well but still launch it a little higher than i'd like of the tee and have a large gap between my 5 iron and 3U. I was considering lofting my 3U up to fill the yardage gap and building a GI style 4 for mainly off the tee. I don't need it much off the fairway for where I typically play.

After I hit them to check out the numbers, if that's the way I go, I will reach out. I like everything about the pros, but thinking I need the extra forgiveness the Apex might provide given how unpredictable my schedule is.
Did you have your fitting this weekend?

Did you have your fitting this weekend?
nope, last soccer game of the season and mother's day. Hoping to get it done later in the week or the weekend.

nope, last soccer game of the season and mother's day. Hoping to get it done later in the week or the weekend.
"priorities" :rolleyes:😄

Thinking about Callaway Ai Smoke 3W with Aretera Gray shaft and Callaway Super Hybrid 18 degree with Fujikura Motore hybrid shaft. I was 3 mph faster with the Ai smoke vs my gamer and misses stayed left. Super Hybrid might beat out my UW. UW can be too low spinning for me. Likely I do the Super Hybrid before I replace my 3W.

I “need” a new range finder.

I am also looking at wedges and wedge shafts.. (again)

Back