L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max Putter Review

Rolled the standard MEZZ.1 today. I didn’t love it. I thought I was going to fall in love and just didn’t. Frames the ball nicely. Rolls well. Just didn’t suit my eye. I would choose the DF2.1 over the MEZZ.1.

Rolled the standard MEZZ.1 today. I didn’t love it. I thought I was going to fall in love and just didn’t. Frames the ball nicely. Rolls well. Just didn’t suit my eye. I would choose the DF2.1 over the MEZZ.1.
Nah once you get used to putts dropping in from all over the place ... you just might change your mind ;) I know I did

Nah once you get used to putts dropping in from all over the place ... you just might change your mind ;) I know I did

Yeah it takes a bit. But I’m with you.

I found a Mezz 1 Max at 2nd Swing 10 minutes from my home so I’m picking it up on Monday. My buddy got one a month or so ago so I’ve had a chance to putt with it a bit on the practice green and I’m sold on how easy it is to get putts started on my intended line. This one has a BGT Stability shaft in it.

Last edited:
Rolled one at the Scottsdale PGASS today. Really wish they had a demo program. I really liked it and would like to spend a bit more time with working with it!

Rolled one at the Scottsdale PGASS today. Really wish they had a demo program. I really liked it and would like to spend a bit more time with working with it!
Have you gamed other center shafted putters in the past? I continue to be intrigued by this tech.

I haven’t, was really surprised how well it worked for the 5-10 minutes I rolled this one. I was thinking I really need to roll more center shafted putters. (Actually rolled a center shafted PLD Tyne after this and did almost as well with that one).

I haven’t, was really surprised how well it worked for the 5-10 minutes I rolled this one. I was thinking I really need to roll more center shafted putters. (Actually rolled a center shafted PLD Tyne after this and did almost as well with that one).
Thats what is interesting is that the LAB shows these demos of all other putters spinning in their little device but your hands secure the putter. I continue to be interested. I don't know. I really like my Versa Twelve. Just a club junkie I guess. Remain curious on this still.

I have the Link model and its interesting.

I cant seem to get it in my bag because I’m not comfortable with it on short putts. Long putts are great and the feel/sound, balance of the putter is fantastic.

I have the Link model and its interesting.

I cant seem to get it in my bag because I’m not comfortable with it on short putts. Long putts are great and the feel/sound, balance of the putter is fantastic.

I had mine for about month and left similar as you. Watched Lab video instructions and guidance the putter has been money for me.

For me I focused on gripping light as possible with no pressure on the thumb and using the core to turn slower using the momentum to swing.

I have never made more 6-15 ft putts in my life. And when I miss I don’t miss by much.

Link has made me more aggressive cause I feel so confident I can make the 2-3 ft comeback putts.

I’m thinking that this should apply to all Lab putters as well.

Just my suggestion and opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had mine for about month and left similar as you. Watched Lab video instructions and guidance the putter has been money for me.

For me I focused on gripping light as possible with no pressure on the thumb and using the core to turn slower using the momentum to swing.

I have never made more 6-15 ft putts in my life. And when I miss I don’t miss by much.

Link has made me more aggressive cause I feel so confident I can make the 2-3 ft comeback putts.

I’m thinking that this should apply to all Lab putters as well.

Just my suggestion and opinion.

Thank you, will try it out

@ddec do you happen to still be rolling this? I'm strong pondering this right now

@ddec do you happen to still be rolling this? I'm strong pondering this right now

I am. Was in my shotscope data earlier this morning too and noticed that my putts per round are currently 1+ strokes better than they were last season, also my 3 putt avoidance has improved. On non-Ballyhack greens, I'm very confident with this one.

Rolled this one at my LGS this afternoon and now the ponder is….strong. Those 3-4’ putts felt automatic.

I rolled one at CC. Really enjoyed the experience

I picked on up. Now I have the df2.1 and the mezz 1 max. Been playing max last few rounds. Rolled one at lgs yesterday with an arcca shaft . Now I got to find out how much the upgrade would be lol.

Just rolled that combo today at PGA…. Feels so good, muted and soft but in a good way to me

Last edited:
I put the KBS GPS in my DF2.1. Loving the ride so far.

Got a fitting lined up with the local LAB rep for Thursday. I’m pretty excited about this.

I have been looking for one all year, but haven’t found one at the right price, I need to do an online fitting though just to be sure maybe in 2024. I am intrigued by the feedback I have read.

Just placed an order for a Mezz Max this morning, got it in blue with white ACCRA shaft! Now the wait begins.
Can you post some pics of this in hand?

I am. Was in my shotscope data earlier this morning too and noticed that my putts per round are currently 1+ strokes better than they were last season, also my 3 putt avoidance has improved. On non-Ballyhack greens, I'm very confident with this one.
Would you be able to post a few pics from address, curious about the color you have vs standard black

Back