Jank+Nate-Fest 2024 (April 2024 in PHX)

Is that our first official beer pic???
Dang, I guess I never posted mine from yesterday. So yes, I do believe that is the first official beer pic.

Second official beer pic:1000000648.jpg

Just checked in at Grayhawk, ordered a breakfast burrito from MOJO and sitting here by the front entrance in a comfortable chair with the sun rising over my right shoulder and nothing but birds chirping in the background.
@Browndog went back to the car to unpack his clubs and sort cigars, so he should be joining me in a half hour or so 😆
So peaceful....

Just checked in at Grayhawk, ordered a breakfast burrito from MOJO and sitting here by the front entrance in a comfortable chair with the sun rising over my right shoulder and nothing but birds chirping in the background.
@Browndog went back to the car to unpack his clubs and sort cigars, so he should be joining me in a half hour or so 😆
So peaceful....
Clubs are loaded. Cigars are sorted. First cigar lit.

Ought to be a good day!

IMG_0685.jpeg
IMG_0686.jpeg

@Jank refresh my memory please. What time is Texas arriving again?

Flight check in ✅
Bags packed 📈
Clubs cleaned ❌
24 hour countdown to peanut butter @oumagic ✅

1000000650.jpg
Momma didn't raise no fool. That's close enough for me to know to quit while I'm ahead

View attachment 9258351
Momma didn't raise no fool. That's close enough for me to know to quit while I'm ahead
Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

Saturday and Sunday pairings have been added to the OP for ease
I believe it is Cholla on Saturday and Saguaro on Sunday.

1000000651.jpg
Browndog and I are having zero issues off the tee, a titch with not getting good approaches (nothing holds) and a bit of trouble reading the greens. Regardless it is beautiful out here.

Browndog and I are having zero issues off the tee, a titch with not getting good approaches (nothing holds) and a bit of trouble reading the greens. Regardless it is beautiful out here.
The green complexes out there are very challenging!

The green complexes out there are very challenging!
That they are! I'm adopting a different strategy for the remaining holes - try to land it short and let it release up to the hole, because so far every green I've hit i've been five to ten yards off the back

First bag packed

IMG_9056.jpeg

Attention, JankFest (starring Nate) golfers: we will be having a little Skins game action during each round this weekend. The cost is $10/round ($20 total) and can be paid through Venmo (@AZTHP) by Saturday. I am setting this up through the Squabbit app (Tourney Invite code: DZEPDD), which will basically do all the heavy lifting for us. If everyone could please IM me your full name & current handicap, that would be helpful (note: I already have AZ THP's info).
A reminder to get your skins money in before teeing off on Saturday - - see you at We-Ko-Pa!!

I’m playing with @Nate and @sweetnlow on Saturday. I’m not sure my fragile golf psyche can handle watching them outhit my drives with a 5 iron 🤣
Watching them both hit the ball is really fun to watch and to watch them air mail my driver with 5 iron is kind of depressing though lol

@BigDill just roasted a drive past @checkered and I by about the length of a super Walmart. His eagle putt dried up short but he had a tap in birdie which for a guy that just got off a plane a couple hours ago really p*****s me off :ROFLMAO:
1000000656.jpg

1000012256.jpg

We are making pretty good time.

1000000658.jpg
#bigdill can move it out there

IMG_9514.jpeg

IMG_9515.jpeg

IMG_0594.jpeg
Obligatory beer pic.

I’m at Ernie’s Inn in Scottsdale, waiting for @mtbloco .

What’s the plan for the Thursday night?

Back