Fujikura AXIOM Iron Shafts

Ha! I was out of my wheelhouse with these, but so happy so far!
I’m so upset with you and yet so happy at the same time!

How did they do it?
I installed a set of Fujikura Pro Irons, where I sanded the tips. I just spun the shaft in my hands while holding the tip against my belt sander, very lightly. I'd sand a little, check the fit, and repeat, until the shaft bottomed out. You only have to remove about 0.007" to get the tip to .355. And you only have to sand about the last 1" of the tip. If I didn't have a belt sander, it could easily be done with a sanding block. Just go slow, and check the fit often.

Was thinking back a bit more on my round from Friday and wanted to shine a bit more specifics on an anomaly of a round for me. Though, I did not hit 17 greens, I did have a putter in hand for birdie on 17 of the 18 holes, which I'm not sure has ever happened for me. I think that a large part was simply due to solid iron play since every iron that I hit into a green resulted in a putter in my hand on the next shot.

These were my iron approach shots on the day:
2nd hole - PW, slight pull but a GIR
5th hole - 5 iron hits about 8 feet short right on line and takes a slope back to the front fringe
7th hole - 5 iron to ~5 feet (birdie)
8th hole - 9 iron about 25 feet short right
10th hole - 6 iron 30 feet long left
14th hole - 7 iron to 4 feet (birdie)
15th hole - 9 iron hits about 28 feet short and takes slope back to front fringe
18th hole - 8 iron hit on its intended line about 30 feet left

I did also hit 5 wedges and 4 hybrids into greens hence the iron shot recaps on only 8 of the holes (out of 17 of the GIR/near-GIR). Excited to get back out for round number 2 on Friday!

Hearing some interesting things about these shafts.. In a not good way. lol.

Hearing some interesting things about these shafts.. In a not good way. lol.
Like?

I’ve been wanting to find a 105g to mess around with.

Was thinking back a bit more on my round from Friday and wanted to shine a bit more specifics on an anomaly of a round for me. Though, I did not hit 17 greens, I did have a putter in hand for birdie on 17 of the 18 holes, which I'm not sure has ever happened for me. I think that a large part was simply due to solid iron play since every iron that I hit into a green resulted in a putter in my hand on the next shot.

These were my iron approach shots on the day:
2nd hole - PW, slight pull but a GIR
5th hole - 5 iron hits about 8 feet short right on line and takes a slope back to the front fringe
7th hole - 5 iron to ~5 feet (birdie)
8th hole - 9 iron about 25 feet short right
10th hole - 6 iron 30 feet long left
14th hole - 7 iron to 4 feet (birdie)
15th hole - 9 iron hits about 28 feet short and takes slope back to front fringe
18th hole - 8 iron hit on its intended line about 30 feet left

I did also hit 5 wedges and 4 hybrids into greens hence the iron shot recaps on only 8 of the holes (out of 17 of the GIR/near-GIR). Excited to get back out for round number 2 on Friday!
I’m interested to hear more about how you are getting along with these or not? It’s starting to become a serious ponder for me as I get along very well with Velocore in the long clubs, want to add more weight in graphite, love the look, and have heard good things in regards to performance.

I’m interested to hear more about how you are getting along with these or not? It’s starting to become a serious ponder for me as I get along very well with Velocore in the long clubs, want to add more weight in graphite, love the look, and have heard good things in regards to performance.

I'm still getting along with them quite well, though, I admittedly haven't been playing the best golf as of late.

I am getting what I expected out of these, which is a higher ball flight than my Modus 120. I'm not much of a numbers guys, so I can't say specifically if my dispersion, distances, spin, etc are any "better", but they pass the eye test for me in the first few months.

I'm still getting along with them quite well, though, I admittedly haven't been playing the best golf as of late.

I am getting what I expected out of these, which is a higher ball flight than my Modus 120. I'm not much of a numbers guys, so I can't say specifically if my dispersion, distances, spin, etc are any "better", but they pass the eye test for me in the first few months.
I’m glad to hear that they’re still working well for you. Do you know what your 7i swing speed is? I’m around 82-84 mph.

I love that you pulled the trigger blind. That’s my kind of move 🤣. And I probably will with these!

I’m glad to hear that they’re still working well for you. Do you know what your 7i swing speed is? I’m around 82-84 mph.

I love that you pulled the trigger blind. That’s my kind of move 🤣. And I probably will with these!

Not 100% sure with the 7i, but my driver SS hovers in the 103mph range.

I have been playing the Axiom 105S for about 2 months now and they are hands down the most incredible shafts that I have put into play. They just feel perfect, they are good with half swings and 3/4 swings and full swings and I never felt sore after playing. I have been dealing with golfers elbows for years but it seems to be completely healed now but I have little desire to go back to steel. I have 3 sets of axions and made my mistake on the first 2 sets, there are lots of installers who do not know or dont care about sloppy installs and they over sand the tips. If u take the time and go slowly, you can do a perfect snug fit quite easily. only the 1/4" of the tip requires a bit more sanding, the rest just needs a very light sanding and belt sanding takes off too much too fast . Once u remove material, you cant put it back on and then u have a sloppy fit. If u get a exact tight fit, it will be effortless to use BB&F ferrules and they will not move.

In terms of performance, they have lifted my game to another level, im normally about a 5-8 handicap depending on my putting woes. Im currently playing to about a 3. The shafts do not add any distance to my game and they are higher spinning shafts. They seem to be super accurate and hide/help the big miss. Its a luxury shaft that performs, the best way to describe these is that they are like AMG Mercedes.

If these shafts disappeared off the face of the earth, other shafts I enjoy are the $-tapers and the i95 Private Reserves ( reg flex) and if I could get a little stronger the PX 6.0.
I have played over 30 iron set and shaft setups in the past couple of years and these have calmed me down quite a bit. That and the fact im no longer a member at golfwrx

I have only played a couple of rounds with my T200 4 iron that has a 75 gm stiff shaft and really have only used it on 2nd layup shots on Par 5's but so far I have like what I am seeing so far. I play i95 Aerotech Steelfiber stiff shafts in my other irons and for a lighter shaft (20 grams), the Axiom has been very stable. Still early in the process but so far I like it.

Back