Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

One last question about visualization, especially for those that visualize their ball flight. Does your visualization influence the actual ball flight? For example, have you found if you visualize a fade or draw, you're more likely to hit a fade or a draw?
This is difficult for me as I do not have the ability to hit a fade on command so I don't visualize that. My vizualization is always a draw as that is my preferred shape, it's really just chosing a good starting line and seeing it take the amount of draw i want. So I can't say wethere it influences my actual ball flight as I'm usually only visualizing my normal draw ball flight.

It’s easy to fall into this, almost going through the motions at times. It’s certainly cost me some of the dozen I’ve seeded to the local woodland and aquatic friends.
Looks like we have a lot of mutual friends :LOL:. I still have one or two left so I'm going to try and go back to being very purposeful with these and try to get back on track.

One last question about visualization, especially for those that visualize their ball flight. Does your visualization influence the actual ball flight? For example, have you found if you visualize a fade or draw, you're more likely to hit a fade or a draw?
Like @TWright971, I can execute a draw far better than I can a fade. I've tried, but for some reason I have a hard time with the fade.

I feel like the visualization increases the chance of me executing the desired shot shape, but not all the time. I generally understand the mechanics of what you need to do to execute a draw or fade, but I have a hard time - throughout the entire swing, I'm thinking about too many things (path, club face, stance, etc.). With the visualization piece, it almost feels like when I really visualize the shot shape well, it helps my body do what it needs to in order to execute that shot a little more naturally.

Could very well just be coincidence, but even if the visualization only helps me execute 1% better, I'll take it.

Looks like we have a lot of mutual friends :LOL:. I still have one or two left so I'm going to try and go back to being very purposeful with these and try to get back on track.
I blew my last two over the weekend. Have some RX mindset now, not sure I’m sold on it vs the RXS for my game but I’ll add those thoughts to the ball thread as I get some conclusions for me.

One or the debates I find funny, is people who say saving a stroke or 2 per round isn’t worth changing their ball, but they will spend $600 on a driver to save a stroke or 2.

These golf balls and the MindSet philosophy have helped me enjoy the game more and score better A LOT better!

They 💯 are staying in the bag this year!

Last edited:
One or the debates I find funny, is people who say saving a stroke or 2 per round isn’t worth changing their ball, but they will spend $600 on a driver to save a stroke or 2.

These golf balls and the MindSet philosophy have helped me enjoy the game more and score better A LOT better!

You Got It Yes GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

I think that’sa great way of saying it. You’re going to have a ball anyways why not get one that can save you a stroke or two.

Is the visual reminder, the Mindset graphic, that critical to employing the process? Can't you pick a target, visualize the shot and focus on a spot on any ball and be successful?

Is the visual reminder, the Mindset graphic, that critical to employing the process? Can't you pick a target, visualize the shot and focus on a spot on any ball and be successful?

I’ve found that the MindSet graphic is a great visual reminder to follow the process and is a security blanket for me.

I’ve got a “imprint” of what the logo means and it is my visual cue to start the process instead of internally verbalizing it.

I suppose that a person could use any logo, but they would have to go through the same process of identifying parts of the logo with the process.

Probably different for everyone, but for me the graphic was a starting point, it got me started following the process. It then became a reminder to stick with the process, which was very helpful. Long-term I don't think I'll actually need it, as I've played plenty without it and have been able to stick with the process pretty well, but since the ball is so good I'll probably stick with the Mindset version of the Tour B balls when I'm using a premium ball. I'm sure people could do just fine following the 3-step process without ever trying the Mindset balls, but they are a good tool to use getting into it, and maybe make it easier to ingrain the process into a normal routine.

So I got chosen to test out the Mindset Tech on the Bridgestone.
Help a "Skimmer" if you can.
How do you remind yourself to Identify, Visualize and Focus?
Could it be as easy as writing "TVF" on my Glove for Target, Visualize and Focus"?

I'm looking forward to trying these out. I know my dad has often mentioned that he seems to lose focus during the round. He's a firearms instructor and talks about how he can focus when he's shooting but often seems to lose that mindset on the course. I'm going to let him try these out too to see if this is something that can help him with that.

Excited to put these in play once they arrive! Very curious to see if they help my game at all

Really excited to jump in and be a tester for these. I work hard on my mindset (no pun intended) when I play, so curious to see how this may enhance that or make my process easier

So I got chosen to test out the Mindset Tech on the Bridgestone.
Help a "Skimmer" if you can.
How do you remind yourself to Identify, Visualize and Focus?
Could it be as easy as writing "TVF" on my Glove for Target, Visualize and Focus"?
The ball does it for you. See these posts below…

For those who test now and TLDR this thread. Here are some of my highlights in the below posts. I would HIGHLY recommend reading this thread though. There have been so many great nuggets and things discussed here with the early testers. This thread has been an amazing guide for me and others as well. The philosophy is simple, it's execution and commitment to the philosophy which are the hard parts.

Initial Post
Unboxing w/Putting Video
MindSet Cheat Code from my POV
How MindSet Logo Works for Me

Last edited:
I love that this thread is about to get 100 people stopping in with their thoughts. I used Mindset again today during my round. For me, the the process, is just a swing and a miss. I know others have chimed in and it's a really good visual que for them, which is great. Would I still play the ball? Yes, because I think RX and RXS(what I tested) are good golf balls for me, and I don't mind the graphic on there. With a strong likelyhood that I'd be the only one in my group playing it, I wouldn't have to worry as much about marking it.

I love that this thread is about to get 100 people stopping in with their thoughts. I used Mindset again today during my round. For me, the the process, is just a swing and a miss. I know others have chimed in and it's a really good visual que for them, which is great. Would I still play the ball? Yes, because I think RX and RXS(what I tested) are good golf balls for me, and I don't mind the graphic on there. With a strong likelyhood that I'd be the only one in my group playing it, I wouldn't have to worry as much about marking it.
I get it that the 3-step Mindset process isn't working for you, I think the main reason it works for me is that it is so close to my normal pre-shot routine anyway. I mean really, if someone has a pre-shot routine that works for them, and they are confident and comfortable with it, why change? For me the Mindset ball gives me a reminder to stick with all three steps of the process, and having the step-3 focal point is the main thing my normal routine was missing. Adding that in was a positive for me, and as I've mentioned before, I don't see the need for the graphic long-term, since the Mindset process is becoming second nature for me. The Tour B RXS ball is so good though, when I use a premium ball I'll be sticking with it, or maybe sometimes the RX. I'll probably buy the Mindset version when I do buy them, might as well have the graphic on them.

I get it that the 3-step Mindset process isn't working for you, I think the main reason it works for me is that it is so close to my normal pre-shot routine anyway. I mean really, if someone has a pre-shot routine that works for them, and they are confident and comfortable with it, why change? For me the Mindset ball gives me a reminder to stick with all three steps of the process, and having the step-3 focal point is the main thing my normal routine was missing. Adding that in was a positive for me, and as I've mentioned before, I don't see the need for the graphic long-term, since the Mindset process is becoming second nature for me. The Tour B RXS ball is so good though, when I use a premium ball I'll be sticking with it, or maybe sometimes the RX. I'll probably buy the Mindset version when I do buy them, might as well have the graphic on them.
and one thing that always becomes part of testing/reviewing. Just because the product doesn't work for a person, doesn't mean it's a bad product.

Last edited:
I love that while not everyone has had the same experience with Mindset, so many have been willing to give it a legitimate look. As I've shared in this thread, prior, I feel very fortunate that this process has unlocked something in my golf game that I had previously been unable to find: a golf swing as free of technical thought as I've ever experienced. I can always respect that others have different experiences than I, but I'm excited for those that will be positively affected by Mindset!

and oen thing that always becomes part of testing/reviewing. Just because the product doesn't work for a person, doesn't mean it's a bad product.

💯 true facts here. That’s what’s so great about THP. People provide honest feedback about how the product performs. Just because it doesn’t work for them, doesn’t mean it won’t work for you.

I’m beyond excited about the 100 people coming in this thread to talk about their experiences. Probably one of the biggest (if not the biggest not sure) group testing.

@ddec the golf ball is a really good golf ball too and priced really well. It’s staying in my bag this year for sure because I’m committed to using it, but honestly given it’s performance and price point it’s hard to beat the Tour B line!

I’m sold on this ball. Finally got to play nine holes today. Shot 4 over. Only had 13 putts. Saw the line so well with the Mindset logo. It was raining a ton and I loved that it gave me something to focus out to try and forget about the rain.

Looking forward to trying these out. I just reread the review article by @Jman and plan to get on the Bridgestone website to review the process more! Having a solid pre shot routine is something my coach wants From me so this will be a great test. It has been awhile since I have played any Bridgestone balls and the RX should fit my game well.

Final thoughts:

This testing experience has been great for me. I started this journey not wanting to use a Bridgestone golf ball and was skeptical yet very intrigued about MindSet. I had 4 dz of another brand of golf balls I had already bought. I’m using these for the rest of the season!

Once I was selected, I was all in. Last season was probably one of my worst golf seasons in years. I was defeated. I needed a change in MindSet.

I read and studied on what Bridgestone was discussing regarding visualization. Not only did it make sense, but many of the top level athletes use it.

The ball:
The Tour B X golf ball is a great golf ball at a really exceptional price point. I like the feel of the ball when it is struck. Off the tee performance has been superb. Great ball flight and reduced side spin. Approach shots still have nice peak height, descent angles and doesn’t roll out much. Around the green I get desirable spin. The ball performs well. It feels and sounds nice off the putter face to boot! Durability could be a little better, but typically I lose golf balls before they get scuffed and I didn’t loose as many so they lasted longer.
IMG_1612.jpeg

Proof is in the data:
Overall the MindSet golf ball performed better than anticipated. I shaved a minimum of 5 strokes off my score and range data showed that following MindSet lead to more consistent distances and tighter dispersion. Pace of play improved as well. Most importantly I left my rounds happier and with more golf balls in my bag.
IMG_1826.jpeg

Is it simple?:
Yes, it’s as simple as 1,2,3 but don’t let that fool you. The MindSet philosophy takes some practice, intentional use and some behind the scenes work to be successful. I found that looking at the ball at home and following the steps helped. Silly enough I tried it a time or 2 watching golf on TV just to get my mind into it.

IMG_1493.jpeg
Step 1. Red - Take data, choose club, commit to shot (internal verbalizing is okay) behind the ball
Step 2. Yellow - Visualize your shot (visual only no internal verbalizing) while behind the ball.
Step 3. Green - Look one last time at target and then focus on green dot and swing freely and confidently! (No swing thoughts or internal verbalizing)

Will it help?
It absolutely can, if you’re a person who can’t get in the zone before a shot, or who can’t get over something that’s already happened, or who doesn’t have any type of a pre-shot routine/consistent routine. It takes effort to do this, looking at the logo isn’t enough. Just when you think you’ve got it handled, golf happens. Will you be better every shot? Absolutely not. Will every round go your way? Nope! But, the reality is you will play faster, better and happier more often than not if and only if YOU change YOUR MindSet…..

Thank you Bridgestone and THP. This journey has changed my Mindset. I’m playing better golf and much happier while on the course no matter the outcome of a shot.

Hadi05~

Last edited:
I’m sold on this ball. Finally got to play nine holes today. Shot 4 over. Only had 13 putts. Saw the line so well with the Mindset logo. It was raining a ton and I loved that it gave me something to focus out to try and forget about the rain.
Have you always used the line on a ball before this? Or just started with this one? I’m really curious what this could possibly do for someone who doesn’t use the line at all…would this even be worth checking out?

I’m going to be looking to find that out during testing, but curious your thoughts as well.

Have you always used the line on a ball before this? Or just started with this one? I’m really curious what this could possibly do for someone who doesn’t use the line at all…would this even be worth checking out?

I’m going to be looking to find that out during testing, but curious your thoughts as well.
You know I probably used a line on my ball 50% of the time before testing out Mindset. It wasn’t automatic for me.

Back