Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

Alright so had League last night with the Mindset RX in play. I've documented my struggles with visualization and @hadi05 had suggested closing my eyes while attempting to as it had helped him. So that is what I went with last night, I gathered my information behind the ball, picked out a target, closed my eyes and tried to visualize the shot I wanted. I will say closing my eyes did help, I would say I was successful in visualizing the shot on about 1/2 of my shots that I attempted. I tried on all tee shots and was successful each time except one. Closing my eyes and visualizing the shot helped clear out the noise and I was able to simply focus on the shot, really stepping up without the running internal dialogue and just focusing on the green dot. The one time I wasn't able to do it I wasn't feeling comfortable and should have stepped away, but didn't and it resulted in my worst tee shot of the day. Overall I really like the process. I do think the process helps and will continue to try to improve on it.

Glad to hear you had success with it and that you had a sense of awareness on the tee when you weren’t comfortable. If I still struggle with visualizing even with my eyes closed, it’s usually because adrenaline is flowing. I’m adding 2 deep breaths in and out (one behind the ball after I’ve gathered my data and the other over the ball) and this has helped me relax a lot. My mind is clear and my body stays loose.

Alright so had League last night with the Mindset RX in play. I've documented my struggles with visualization and @hadi05 had suggested closing my eyes while attempting to as it had helped him. So that is what I went with last night, I gathered my information behind the ball, picked out a target, closed my eyes and tried to visualize the shot I wanted. I will say closing my eyes did help, I would say I was successful in visualizing the shot on about 1/2 of my shots that I attempted. I tried on all tee shots and was successful each time except one. Closing my eyes and visualizing the shot helped clear out the noise and I was able to simply focus on the shot, really stepping up without the running internal dialogue and just focusing on the green dot. The one time I wasn't able to do it I wasn't feeling comfortable and should have stepped away, but didn't and it resulted in my worst tee shot of the day. Overall I really like the process. I do think the process helps and will continue to try to improve on it.
I like that commentary " Stepping up without the running internal dialogue". I will try to do better with that tonight. It's league night so the shots matter.

Ddec let me try this before I untimely lost this ball, and I gotta say, I felt even more distracted and mind busy than I did before.

Feels like you have to be a certain kinda person for this and I’m not sure I’m it. The ball performed well, I just found myself hiding the logo a lot

Played my last round with a different ball. The new ball is probably a better overall fit for me but I did notice that my putting suffered without having the mindset aid.

It’s purely anecdotal but I feel like not having the mindset ball on the green was an overall negative. My speed control was poor and I felt some lack of confidence that I had developed over the past couple weeks of using the mindset ball. I had gotten to where I was rolling missed putts by the hole with the mindset. With the new ball everything was either short or way past.

Ddec let me try this before I untimely lost this ball, and I gotta say, I felt even more distracted and mind busy than I did before.

Feels like you have to be a certain kinda person for this and I’m not sure I’m it. The ball performed well, I just found myself hiding the logo a lot
I have a putting mat in my office at work. I took a few of the balls there and let a few of my coworkers try them out. Not everyone was a fan of the Mindset logo, but most liked having the logo to focus on and line up their putts.

I play the BX and wasn't sure what I would think of the Mindset markings because I have tried a Triple Track in the past and hated it. But I didn't mind these when I checked them out at Golf Galaxy a few weeks ago. I'm sure I will buy some at a point during the season.

Interesting. Did you find yourself more distracted because of the logo, trying to exactly follow the three step process, all of the above?

There's probably some element of it being awkward if you naturally have a different flow in your pre-shot routine. Also agree its probably heavily golfer dependent as we all take to things differently.

Interesting. Did you find yourself more distracted because of the logo, trying to exactly follow the three step process, all of the above?

There's probably some element of it being awkward if you naturally have a different flow in your pre-shot routine. Also agree its probably heavily golfer dependent as we all take to things differently.
Tried it all, I just kept looking down at it and thinking what the absolute heck am I looking at right now man…

Tried it all, I just kept looking down at it and thinking what the absolute heck am I looking at right now man…
from your perspective is the dot more an oval?

Man, played well but still fighting the over confidence a bit on the tee. Early in the round I was still having swing thoughts once I stepped into the shot. Last two holes I broke myself of it, hit two lovely drives, and had two birdie looks.

My worst approach was when I looked up twice after I stepped in, which I don’t do typically.

For the time being these are going to be a keeper.

…… Yeah somethin like that
Jokes aside, I can’t use it all for putting. All the lines and colors freak out my feeble mind

Jokes aside, I can’t use it all for putting. All the lines and colors freak out my feeble mind
I struggled to line it up as well, I need a line of some sort

I struggled to line it up as well, I need a line of some sort
Me too, I’ve since drawn a sharpie line in the opposite side of the ball.

Me too, I’ve since drawn a sharpie line in the opposite side of the ball.
I guess it’s a lot like truvis or TT, either you love it or you hate it. And that’s okay.

I guess it’s a lot like truvis or TT, either you love it or you hate it. And that’s okay.
I love the logo on the tee, but dont on the green. Thankfully I can simply flip it over.

I love the logo on the tee, but dont on the green. Thankfully I can simply flip it over.
I don’t recall hitting a good shot when actually looking at the design :(

I don’t recall hitting a good shot when actually looking at the design :(
How many holes? And would you say you already have a a good pre-shot routine? Given you can golf your ball a bit I would think so.

How many holes? And would you say you already have a a good pre-shot routine? Given you can golf your ball a bit I would think so.
Before it went flying off the planet? Uh.. somewhere on the front 9 lol

I do have a steady pre shot routine, yes. Especially of the tee.

Let’s give it another go, shall we

IMG_0780.jpeg

Four rounds in…mindset might be a swing and a miss for me on the course. I think I like it more for practice, but when things move a bit faster and we are in play…it’s just tough.

The ball itself is still good and I do like the RXS.

Four rounds in…mindset might be a swing and a miss for me on the course. I think I like it more for practice, but when things move a bit faster and we are in play…it’s just tough.

The ball itself is still good and I do like the RXS.
What makes it tough for you?

Tried a bit of a test and didn’t use the mindset ball this afternoon. I had more big misses with driver than I’ve had all season and was thinking about it even when I tried the process. Tried looking at the back of the ball, but then starting thinking about how I should hit it there.

Back to the mindset ball for me over the weekend.

What makes it tough for you?
Routines are hard to change. Esp when I’ve had basically the same pre shot routine for as long as I can remember.

Think of it similar to working on a new swing move…we can all work on it at the range. When it’s go time, old habits creep back in. For me it’s a struggle.

Back