Ballnamic: PING Ball Fitting?

Does anybody know what higher compression ball has the lowest workability score (straighest) on Ballnamic? I've seen Q star and Bridgestone RX very low but they are too low compression for me. I'm looking for a fast ball that's also super straight, and good in the wind.
Left dash, followed very closely by Chrome Soft X LS. There really was nothing else like the LS. Firm, good in the wind, less iron spin but tons of wedge approach spin, and really good around the greens.

Is that the 21 or new 24 Tp5 you entered as your favorite ball?

What did Tp5 rate for greenside spin and putter feel?
It's the new ball. It rated high spin and firm. The firm part suprises me because I would've said feel was only slightly firmer than the B XS for me.

Checked out my current recommendations based on Aerojet irons and the '24 CS numbers. The irons are very low spin for me, which affects the scores quite a lot.

1713876395005.png1713876415451.png

I have CT X to test and need to get some Tour B X and the new Wilson balls to test. I didn't really like the feel of the Z Star diamond last year.

Checked out my current recommendations based on Aerojet irons and the '24 CS numbers. The irons are very low spin for me, which affects the scores quite a lot.

View attachment 9260247View attachment 9260248

I have CT X to test and need to get some Tour B X and the new Wilson balls to test. I didn't really like the feel of the Z Star diamond last year.
Some very firm and really spinny balls, and Tour B X. Interesting. It's a good ball.

Some very firm and really spinny balls, and Tour B X. Interesting. It's a good ball.
It obviously rates spin as more important than the softness I asked for. But I'd say that has a lot to do with the AJ irons being so low spin for me.

Last edited:
It obviously rates spin as more important rhan the softness I asked for. But I'd say that has a lot to do with the AJ irons being so low spin for me.
Well B X feels softer to most than the rest of those, and isn't quite as spinny, so it's the outlier of the group in that sense. But obviously still rates pretty high for your needs.

It obviously rates spin as more important rhan the softness I asked for.
I played the B XS for a long time. I liked the combo of soft feel and spin. I'd always shied away from the B X because of my preconceived notion that it was too firm and wouldn't spin enough for me. It spins plenty off the AJs, though not as much as the XS, and has only a little firmer feel (sound) to it. I didn't notice much difference in spin between it and the XS off the Snakebites, except on shorter pitches around the green and that wasn't big.

Give it a look. I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

I played the B XS for a long time. I liked the combo of soft feel and spin. I'd always shied away from the B X because of my preconceived notion that it was too firm and wouldn't spin enough for me. It spins plenty off the AJs, though not as much as the XS, and has only a little firmer feel (sound) to it. I didn't notice much difference in spin between it and the XS off the Snakebites, except on shorter pitches around the green and that wasn't big.

Give it a look. I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised.
I played a dozen of B XS last year and was quite pleased with them. But seeing what was written about this years models, I'm thinking of trying the B X first. Can't find the '24 versions here yet...

Well B X feels softer to most than the rest of those, and isn't quite as spinny, so it's the outlier of the group in that sense. But obviously still rates pretty high for your needs.
It is, looking at the Ballnamic data too.
1713896948057.png
1713896977442.png

Finally jumped on the Ballnamic train today. Very impressive. I thought I was in the best golf ball for my current game, but it appears not. Looking forward to comparing the top couple recommendations to my current gamer. Currently play the Bridgestone Tour B RX (93.7% match), but Ballnamic recommended the following: LA GOLF ball (96.9%), Chrome Tour (96.7%), Tour B X (96.2%), and Z Star XV (95.2%). Chrome Tour is the only golf ball listed that I've already tried, so I'm looking forward to seeing if one of these might fit my game a bit better. If not, I've greatly enjoyed the Tour B RX and would have no issue sticking with it.

Finally jumped on the Ballnamic train today. Very impressive. I thought I was in the best golf ball for my current game, but it appears not. Looking forward to comparing the top couple recommendations to my current gamer. Currently play the Bridgestone Tour B RX (93.7% match), but Ballnamic recommended the following: LA GOLF ball (96.9%), Chrome Tour (96.7%), Tour B X (96.2%), and Z Star XV (95.2%). Chrome Tour is the only golf ball listed that I've already tried, so I'm looking forward to seeing if one of these might fit my game a bit better. If not, I've greatly enjoyed the Tour B RX and would have no issue sticking with it.
You gonna try the LA Golf ball? It has popped up in a lot of the surveys but I don't if anyone has tried it yet.

You gonna try the LA Golf ball? It has popped up in a lot of the surveys but I don't if anyone has tried it yet.
That's a good question and one for which I don't think I know the answer to, yet. To be completely honest, my initial reaction was "ya, not happening". I don't know if that is more due to the price tag or due to knowing what I get with the Chrome Tour and the Tour B line already. As I am typing this and remembering how expensive the LA GOLF ball is, I'm heavily leaning toward not giving it a serious look.

Yeah, I ain't payin' $70 for a dozen balls, LA Golf. They were #2 on my list I think.

Back