Are Sunglasses Optional?

I originally bought them for everyday rather than golf but I do enjoy the Holbrook XL for golf too. I got a fat noggin! I feel your pain a lot of the “golf” ones don’t seem to work well for me
I'll check em out, thanks!

I do wear them when the sun is out. But need to take them off while putting. Have a hard time reading putts with sunglasses on for some reason.

If the sun is bright they are on, sensitive eyes. The wide brim hats I'm wearing now help on the course a lot. Can go without them sometimes.

I don’t think I’ve ever worn sunglasses while playing golf. I also rarely wear them to begin with in everyday life.

They are a necessary piece of equipment for me if there is even a hint of sun.

Always wear sunglasses!

Not an option for me. I keep my Oakley's in my golf bag so I don't forget them.

All the talk of golf specific lenses makes me want some Oakleys, but I haven't had great luck finding ones that fit me.

I am not a fan of the golf lens they make. It’s not dark enough

The prizm tungsten for overcast
The prizm road, sapphire, ruby, violet and jade all work well for me with golf.

I wear sunglasses pretty much most the time I am outside however I don't wear them golfing. For some reason I don't seem to play as well with sunglasses on, it may be in my head but it feel like a real thing to me.

I am not a fan of the golf lens they make. It’s not dark enough

The prizm tungsten for overcast
The prizm road, sapphire, ruby, violet and jade all work well for me with golf.
Welp, already ordered ones with the Prizm Dark Golf, so we'll see! 😬

All the talk of golf specific lenses makes me want some Oakleys, but I haven't had great luck finding ones that fit me.
Rudy projects … try them

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
I don't wear sunglasses.

Basically ever.

As an optometrist, I wear them all the time on the course. I’ve seen so many ocular diseases caused by sun exposure.

Not optional at all. Mine are Rx, but even aside from that the SPF is essential…as with your skin, the sun is not a friend to your eyes. 😎

I don’t consider them optional…gotta protect my eyes if I’m out in The sun for 2+ hours.

I don’t consider them optional…gotta protect my eyes if I’m out in The sun for 2+ hours.
My eye doctor insists that I used sunglasses outside. I rarely am outside anywhere without them

I wear transition lenses. So, I have them on all the time. Whether or not they are 'sunglasses' at any given moment depends on what the sun and clouds are doing.

Almost always wear them. Only take them off to look through the rangefinder.
Polarized lenses and they don’t seem to affect depth perception for me either.

Yes, dark brown eyes help I hear. I haven't worn sunglasses in a couple of years. They're cool though :cool:

I can't wear 'em. Not quite sure what it is, but once they're on, all depth perception is gone. All.

Polarized or otherwise, it's flat-out dangerous for me to wear sunglasses, LOL...

Harmful UV rays notwithstanding.

I have progressive lenses right now and wear clip ons for sunglasses. Due for new glasses and was wondering if I should just get some prescription sunglasses or transition lenses. Any ideas?

I wear them a lot, so no they are not optional to me.

it took me years to get on the sunglasses train but now i never golf without them. Years ago i didn't realize at the time my regular sunglasses were not a good fit for golf bc they were polarized.

Now i have a pair of Oakley golf prizm in both of my bags so i am always covered.

Back