2024 Asics Golf Shoes

and here's the bottom of the Pro M

GEL-ACE PRO M_White_Mako Blue_2.png

I had the last ones in Navy/Silver and liked them. I've looked at the new ones and they're a good shoe but I think I'm out. No colorway I absolutely love and they're still pretty pricey for what I always think looks like a gym/running shoe.

I like the way the shoe with the spike looks versus the bottom on the spikeless which seems bulky. I’m sure they are comfy but just my weirdness

Great info @ddec - I want to try the Pro M at some point.

I think I may need to add a pair of Asics to the rotating in 2024, been watching them for quite a while and have always enjoyed their running shoes.

I have news for you. Theyre not.
You don't think so?

I was a long time Kayano user and felt like the golf version were pretty solid. I'm interested in your thoughts on this.

I love the previous model of the Kayano's. Yes they are not a running shoe, but they work great, I have no issues with water, and they are comfortable. So no reason at all I won't give the new ones a try!

Tell me more gentlemen
I don't know. I wore Kayanos for 5-6 years exclusively (later to learn they weren't ideal for my foot, but that's another story). I thought the golf shoes were really similar in comfort, look, etc.

I actually dig these a lot. Well done Deano.

@Hawk you used some Asics for a bit last year right? How was the traction on them? My only Asics experience was a set of Match 33's and that was well over a decade ago.

@Hawk you used some Asics for a bit last year right? How was the traction on them? My only Asics experience was a set of Match 33's and that was well over a decade ago.
Not as much as grip as the Alphas, but more than enough for me. I've played many rounds with much less traction.

I wasn't sure what I would find in the line up but I like it! I dig the darker blue option.

I had a pair of Asics a couple years ago. They were very comfortable, but unfortunately the lining at the heel wore out pretty quickly. Still a sharp looking shoe though!

I'd be tempted to give these a try since I've had great luck in the past with their running shoes. I really like the white/volt combo!

I have the first version of the Kayano Ace golf shoe and it is fantastic. I used it all of last year. Easily the most comfortable golf shoe I have tried on. It has more cushioning than most yet is extremely stable. I walk and have flat feet and need both. The traction is very good even in the most slippery conditions. As good as any non-spiked shoe can be. They are also very breathable. I also have a pair of Kayano running sneakers which I like as well. You can see/feel a lot of the running sneaker tech in the golf shoe. What else would you expect from a running sneaker company. Anyone who walks a lot or has tired, achy feet after playing should absolutely try these.

Tell me more gentlemen

Full disclosure.. this is pure speculation. i haven't tried on their newest iteration but i have with their previous two. Ive worn Kayano's running shoes for many years in rotation and their golf Kayano line felt NOTHING like Kayanos. They were uncomforming although very stable. Theyre not bad golf shoes per say, just not Kayanos which is what im assuming youre expecting. Ive learnt that there are no golf shoes out there that wears like a REAL pair of runners thats supportive and pillowy. None. The closest shoe ive came across that wore (almost) like a true pair of running shoes were the Adidas Ultraboost but they lacked support.

Listen.. i hope im wrong this time around... but i doubt it.

Pass the colors of women's Ace 2 are boring - grey or white

I want the orange Gel Kayano Ace 2. I have 2 pairs of the first generation and really like them.

Back