What did you shoot today?

It’s an easy course, 67/110 rating, par 70. I’d almost consider it an executive course. But
Played Thursday, shot 81. Really wasn’t keeping track of where I was, just entering scores, but probably should have broken 80. Was feeling good about how I played.
Went back today, 90. Didn’t hit the ball well at all. And it was quite muddy. Guess I forgot how much rain we got Thursday night. O well.

After six months of almost weekly lessons and a lot of swing changes, we started working on impact and follow through last couple of weeks with a new feel for keeping my arms straighter post impact, and more low left instead of high. Been feeling close last few rounds, has some good sim rounds. Today put it all together for first time on course and gained strokes approach for the first time maybe ever. Still missed most greens, but misses were on the edge, left easy chips, got up and down…. Shot a 41/39: 80 for a net 61(!)

A hole in one ☝️ on the second hole helps lol (smooth 6 hybrid into the breeze from 155).

After six months of almost weekly lessons and a lot of swing changes, we started working on impact and follow through last couple of weeks with a new feel for keeping my arms straighter post impact, and more low left instead of high. Been feeling close last few rounds, has some good sim rounds. Today put it all together for first time on course and gained strokes approach for the first time maybe ever. Still missed most greens, but misses were on the edge, left easy chips, got up and down…. Shot a 41/39: 80 for a net 61(!)

A hole in one ☝️ on the second hole helps lol (smooth 6 hybrid into the breeze from 155).
Congrats on the ace!

41/43 this morning. The par 5s on the back really killed me - I hit a tree with my second shot on all three of them resulting in double bogeys.

Congratulations 🔥🔥🔥

Played in day 1 of my club’s senior championship. Played in the gross championship flight ( have never played a gross event before). Started off shaky with a bogie. And hit my second tee shot OB on the second hole. Managed to still get bogey and after starting 2 over for 2 holes I finished with a 40-38-78 with 6 bogies. I’m tied for second and 2 behind the leader. Hopefully I can have a better start tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What course?
The Kittocks course in St. Andrews. It was our last day of the trip and we needed an early tee time as we had plans for lunch at the Tom Morris Pub in the Old Course clubhouse. It was actually a great track. Not historic like some of the other courses we played such as Prestwick, Turnberry, and Carnoustie, but very tough but fun from the 6,752 yard tees. We finished in 2:55 with only a single out in front of us.

Back