What Are You Working On?

Played practice round. Putting was really good made 4 putts over 15 feet and had several inches away from the hole or tracking towards hole and just short My driving sucked though. Not sure what it about my game either I’m driving the ball well and can’t make putts or make putts and hit my drives OB
The crazy thing is that I didn’t take a long time reading the greens. I squat behind the ball and aim and roll the ball. If it was a long one I would take a quick look from the side as well
If the slope look crazy I would walk along the path of the putt and feel how much speed I need to roll uphill. If it was downhill it more finding the spot where it might pick up speed. The green were really slow today so I didn’t need to do that Green were wet and not mowed down

Last edited:
Really tired today. Took 2 days off but still think about golf. Took some old clubs out of my closet that I had made single length but never really used. Trying super strong left arm grip 4 knuckle showing and felt it was easy was to hit the buckle of balls. Basically a shut clubface Best effortless irons I have hit with this method Almost like a single arm back hand
I then tried 2.5 knuckles. Which to me looks like 45 degree closed clubface. Works better with woods / hybrid imo. Will continue to work on that tomorrow

Yesterday's lesson really focused on follow through - thinking long arms after impact, not folding my left elbow as early. Coach wants to get the release more low left instead of high. Will be doing a lot of partial speed drills stopping at left hip on downswing with long arms to get that feel and also wants me doing that as my practice swing.

Took out the single length irons and I really didn’t like it.
It was comical I hit all the irons the same distance. 4-8 irons same length iron vary only by 10 yards. 160-170 yards
Only the trajectory was slightly different

Lifelong habit of letting the ball get too far back in my stance which always leads to a overly steep swing and a shut face for me. It is laziness on my part for not being more disciplined with my stance and ball position. I was basically playing with a bag full of 1 irons until I finally addressed the problem.

Been disciplining myself on checking ball position on every shot.

Lately I have been misjudging my 75 and in pitches, coming up short all the time. I dont know if its the new glasses or what. I am going to get back to my 5 gallon buckets at 5 yard intervals drills daily till I figure it out.

Discovering pix balls with those special markings on the ball and I been finding that I like to use it those marking for 10 feet and in putts. It just holds my eyes steady just like a line on the ball does It feels like when my eyes dart from the edge of the cup to the ball. I can keep my eyes focus on that marking better than a whole ball
More specific target than the whole ball to tap into the cup

Back