Odyssey Ai-ONE and Ai-ONE Milled Putters Review

Still pondering a grip change as the oversized stock winn grip just hasn't come around on the jb mini.

Man I’ve not had luck with the all in and grip for this putter. Guy I ordered all in from said they are back ordered so found another avenue to get one then get an email the grip I ordered in black is backordered. Changed to red and both should be here next week so I can get this 8-T built!

Walked over to the practice green last night with my Ai One Milled 8T. dropped three balls in a line 1 foot apart 20-23 ft from the hole. drained the first. stepped forward, drained the second. stepped forward, burnt the edge with the third. Hot strart continued through my practice session. Distance control with this putter is becoming intuitive.

I want to dig a little further on this past round... So the greens are finally getting a little more consistent and back to about "Normal". Meaning I feel like this was a good indication on how my season of putting with the double wide is going to go. They were still a touch slow but with the WH insert helped me get the ball to the hole. I am coming from a milled putter and so the WH insert is different but does not feel foreign.

The place that the new AI insert is helping me... if I hit it off center the ball still will roll the distance I need it to. I hit a couple off the toe and they still held their line and pace I needed leading to many 1 putts.

The feel off the face is softer than milled but still has feedback that can help you have feel what is going on.
I did change out the shaft for an All-in shaft and It has elevated that firmer more connected feel. I love the combo so far.
The sound feedback? (Love the sounds this insert makes)
Also, is that the pink shaft?

The sound feedback? (Love the sounds this insert makes)
Also, is that the pink shaft?

The sound is something I have not really paid attention to... which to me means its a nice muted sounds that doesnt really register. Its not something I am thinking about so it is good it is not annoying :ROFLMAO:

and No, I plan on putting pinky into the Jailbird eventually.

Odyssey say several weeks for weight kit. Can I buy aftermarket weights I’ve seen some on line and do I need to buy a tool thanks I bought a jail bird mini ch ai one couldn’t resist and a super stroke grip
weights from Cleveland Frontline Elite will interchange with AI One.

Still pondering a grip change as the oversized stock winn grip just hasn't come around on the jb mini.

I switched to a Lamkin Sink Fit rubber grip and will not go back. I love it because the weight of this thing is like a SS with counterbalance weight inside of it. The stock grip and I did not get along at all. Practicing yesterday I hit the line on a 10 foot put consistently. Distance control got much better.

Stock putter grips just don't seem to work for me.

Since I'm on a self enforced break from hitting golf balls figured I'd do something so we're doing some side by side testing between the AI One Jailbird Mini with All In and the TriHot Triple Wide with All In.

View attachment 9266729
I definitely prefer the sound of the AI One Jailbird but leaning towards just being more comfortable with distance control and feel with the Triple Wide.

Gonna keep working with both. I still love the Jailbird Mini shape much. The Jailbird is much hotter off the face, and that's not a bad thing. Just feel like I have better control with the TriHot insert.

The Triple Wide is about as close as you can get to a mallet without calling it a mallet.

I've been looking at the Ai-One 7 DB, but the JB mini really looks great.

Got my mini jb ch shaft stock grip I plan on adding a super stroke grip and weight but it rolls good and it’s addicting I may not change grip and weights wait a few days and see I’ve been playing the 11 with oversize grip and double bend really like it what I really like about the mini is the dots never use them before and for some reason i really see them and understand I’ve always struggle with all clubs with address setup alignment honey moon is on

I switched to a Lamkin Sink Fit rubber grip and will not go back. I love it because the weight of this thing is like a SS with counterbalance weight inside of it. The stock grip and I did not get along at all. Practicing yesterday I hit the line on a 10 foot put consistently. Distance control got much better.

Stock putter grips just don't seem to work for me.
This is the only grip I play with..for years now

Update on the 3TS, I’m coming off my best putting round in a long time. @Canadan & @Jman gave some putting tips at Briggs, and I’ve been practicing.

I had just 29 putts at the Dye Valley course a week and a half ago, excited to get out tomorrow and see if this hot streak continues. Still pondering a shaft change to an All-In, but happy so far.

Update on the 3TS, I’m coming off my best putting round in a long time. @Canadan & @Jman gave some putting tips at Briggs, and I’ve been practicing.

I had just 29 putts at the Dye Valley course a week and a half ago, excited to get out tomorrow and see if this hot streak continues. Still pondering a shaft change to an All-In, but happy so far.
Let’s go!!!

That’s great man!!!

Spent about an hour with the AI One’s today and think I have narrowed it down to the Jailbird or the Double Wide. (I left my trade ins at home) So going to stop on way to league Tuesday and pick up one of them.

The feel off the face was not what I was expecting at all. In a really good way though

JB Mini CH continues to be really solid. I have other putters that feel nice and put a good roll on the ball, but they don’t find the hole as well as this one.

Yes sir!!!

JB Mini CH continues to be really solid. I have other putters that feel nice and put a good roll on the ball, but they don’t find the hole as well as this one.
Stock shaft still for you? How does it feel inside 10’?

Stock shaft still for you? How does it feel inside 10’?
I ended up putting a CT Tour shaft in. Found the stock shaft to be a little light for me especially on short putts.

Inside of 10 feet seems to be where I'm gaining the most from it. Speed control is great everywhere but 10 ft and in is where those seem to be dropping more vs other putters.

Back