JetSpeed

Reaction score
Handicap
We’re fostering this sweetie right now. My wife works with a Dalmatian rescue group and we help out however we can. This is the fourth one we’ve fostered in the past few years. It’s not something we ever set out to do but after our last dog passed we wanted some time before we got another one, so we found ourselves uniquely positioned to help. We‘ve had our ups and downs with it but when you can be a small part of finding them a good home it can be really rewarding. Anyone else ever foster?

IMG_20240503_131851.jpeg20240504_201707.jpeg20240429_153721.jpeg

We’re not really fosters but we have quite a few drop offs come through where we’re at and we usually get them to a rescue if we can. We’ve had to hold a couple for a few days but our rescue girl doesn’t like other dogs in her house and gets really stressed. She’s not mean, she just gets real anxious and hides, won’t eat, etc. If she didn’t have that anxiety we wouldn’t have any issues being fosters. Here she is sticking her tongue out at the camera.

IMG_2282.jpeg

We’re not really fosters but we have quite a few drop offs come through where we’re at and we usually get them to a rescue if we can. We’ve had to hold a couple for a few days but our rescue girl doesn’t like other dogs in her house and gets really stressed. She’s not mean, she just gets real anxious and hides, won’t eat, etc. If she didn’t have that anxiety we wouldn’t have any issues being fosters. Here she is sticking her tongue out at the camera.

View attachment 9263544
Yeah you definitely don’t want to put her through all that. Cute little pup you have there!

Never done the foster thing, but except for our first Sheltie, we've now had 5 over the years, all have been rescue dogs.

In the time I've been married to my wife she's brought home 3 cats, 2 birds, a dog....
I'm trying to think of anything else.

The birds we never kept, brought them to a sanctuary. The cats we always kept or gave to family members. Our current dog (an Australian Shepherd) was a return from someone who didn't want him

We also have 5 horses , 2 of them we took from owners who couldn't manage them anymore

My wife is a big animal person. And I'm cool with it. My daughter loves them

Never done the foster thing, but except for our first Sheltie, we've now had 5 over the years, all have been rescue dogs.

Shelties are awesome. We had a sheltie as our last dog.

We have an Aussie now.

We’re fostering this sweetie right now. My wife works with a Dalmatian rescue group and we help out however we can. This is the fourth one we’ve fostered in the past few years. It’s not something we ever set out to do but after our last dog passed we wanted some time before we got another one, so we found ourselves uniquely positioned to help. We‘ve had our ups and downs with it but when you can be a small part of finding them a good home it can be really rewarding. Anyone else ever foster?

View attachment 9263529View attachment 9263530View attachment 9263531
I expect that this one has already found a good home.

In the time I've been married to my wife she's brought home 3 cats, 2 birds, a dog....
I'm trying to think of anything else.

The birds we never kept, brought them to a sanctuary. The cats we always kept or gave to family members. Our current dog (an Australian Shepherd) was a return from someone who didn't want him

We also have 5 horses , 2 of them we took from owners who couldn't manage them anymore

My wife is a big animal person. And I'm cool with it. My daughter loves them
Again we’re in the same boat. My wife is a huge animal person. I won’t even tell you the menagerie she had when we first met. So many different things. I’m mainly a dog person but it’s her passion and I support her adventures the same way she does mine.

I expect that this one has already found a good home.
Not yet but I bet she will go quick. Some we‘ve fostered for weeks. Others for months. We thought about foster failing with this one. She’s really a great dog, but she wants to eat the cat. Kind of a deal breaker unfortunately.

I can't possibly articulate the respect that I have for those who foster.

I couldn't do it simply because I'm magnetized towards dogs. They wouldn't need suffer separation anxiety, because I'd feel enough for the both of us. In short, I'm so very easily attached, so I simply cannot do it.

Huge respect to the OP and those who do.

Yep, the last one was a huge boy whose owner suddenly passed away. Looked after him for some time before he found his new home.

Right now we have 3 dogs in the house and I can’t imagine it any other way.

Used to work with NBRAN, National Brittany Rescue and Adaption Network. Fostered, did home inspections, drove dogs on legs to get them to new owners, etc. I was also the regional fundraising manager.

I have some great experiences with over 30 different dogs.

Gave it up when we started fostering kids but hope to get back into it as the kids get older.

We been fostering my son’s dog almost 2 years now. He’s in the Air Force and never home so he’s ours I guess. He’s a big help with the laundry.IMG_0631.jpeg

We haven’t fostered but all 3 are rescues from the local shelters.
1716073109532.jpeg

Back