Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

Keep stirring the pot. I’m starting to come around on the idea of dropping 3w for mini driver.
Haha! Not stirring the pot when it’s my job! 😜

Haha! Not stirring the pot when it’s my job! 😜
lol most of the best stuff I do at work is stirring the pot

Guys I found a Ai Smoke Max on Mercari head only brand new, still wrapped for $300

After fees and tax $353, what a steal, going to plug it into the Ventus TR Blue 6x I was fitted for. Can’t wait for when it ships in

I found the TR blue 6x shaft for $200 on eBay and got the head for $350 on mercari

Crazy how much I saved piecing the combo together online versus retail price

Regardless super excited to hit the Smoke

Guys I found a Ai Smoke Max on Mercari head only brand new, still wrapped for $300

After fees and tax $353, what a steal, going to plug it into the Ventus TR Blue 6x I was fitted for. Can’t wait for when it ships in

I found the TR blue 6x shaft for $200 on eBay and got the head for $350 on mercari

Enjoy the new stick.

Thats exciting, well done on the bargain hunt!

Still working on best setup for the Max. Seems that D-1 seems best and then the weight just a bit heel side of neutral.
I can take it down the right side and it goes straight or just falls off left.

Can also cut it as needed.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Good driving night with this last night. 3 out of 5 fairways. One just off. The other I was aimed left for a fade and it went dead straight. Both par 5s I was in the go zone. Bad swings still produce bad results but average swings seem to be more in play and plenty long

I can’t get over how forgiving and long this club is. This might be the longest drive of my life non cart path assisted. Was also up hill with a slight fade.

Still don’t know if I have the right shaft because I still tend to get super high ball flights. IMG_6741.jpeg

I can’t get over how forgiving and long this club is. This might be the longest drive of my life non cart path assisted. Was also up hill with a slight fade.

Still don’t know if I have the right shaft because I still tend to get super high ball flights. View attachment 9267614
I noticed a visually higher launch and/or ball flight compared to my Paradym. I had the Paradym TD and now I’m in the Ai Smoke Max. The shaft was swapped between the heads. I was initially concerned about how high my drives looked with the Ai Smoke Max. My first dry, warm weather round said I didn’t need to worry. It may just be a new visual to get used to if that’s the results.

Max, would love to get my hands on a td max head.
I never got along with paradym head (shaft was wrong too but that’s another story), everything was kinda ballooning on me. I’m unsure if the max would result in a similar situation for me now, but I feel like I see results better in lower spinning heads. I would love to have a TD or TD Max to play with myself too lol.

TR Blue shaft I feel would be given to someone that needs stability but has issues launching the ball up a little bit, or needs a bit more spin on the ball. Wouldn’t imagine that you’re having issues with either if you’re dealing with high ball flight from a equipment perspective, but I don’t know your swing, angle of attack, or other data that would lead me to conclude it is solely the equipment.

Now we are starting to see some separation, but not really if you look at strokes gained.

1716085975438.png

About 70% of fairways hit with this over the last 3 rounds. I struggled with it for a couple but have really started hitting it well again.

I picked up an AI Smoke TD last week and took it to the course yesterday. No practice. Piped the first drive and nearly every one after. Only missed 3 fairways and none by much. Playing partners were quite impressed with how I was driving it and honestly so was I. I couldn't believe how straight everything was. I'm generally a skeptic about a club being a difference maker but this driver feels like it is for me.

Back