Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons Review

Funny you said that. I made a spreadsheet the other day of the stock data compared to my current irons so that I can include it. I have also (in my head at least) tried to think of what I want to do with these - this old guy is really excited to be a part of this.

I've begun creating my master list of all the things I am both curious about as well as things/topics that I really want to make sure that I cover. There is a LOT so far.

Very excited to move back to a Player's Distance iron for a prolonged length of time, its been a long while for me in that regard.

One thing is for sure, I am going to put a LOT of golf on them, and a LOT of competition golf, at that.
When do you expect these to be hitting bags for testers. I truly think these are going to be a big surprise.

When do you expect these to be hitting bags for testers. I truly think these are going to be a big surprise.
Orders were due yesterday, so, soon enough. 😜

Orders were due yesterday, so, soon enough. 😜
Sweet. These will blow some minds. Not a club most go to store to look at. These are worth the look. Without a doubt.

Sweet. These will blow some minds. Not a club most go to store to look at. These are worth the look. Without a doubt.
I've only seen these at one store. A store that sells close to $1,000,000 worth of Wilson, but still only that one store.

I hope we give enough people enough information that if they decided to take a blind leap, they will have all the information they need.

I've begun creating my master list of all the things I am both curious about as well as things/topics that I really want to make sure that I cover. There is a LOT so far.

Very excited to move back to a Player's Distance iron for a prolonged length of time, its been a long while for me in that regard.

One thing is for sure, I am going to put a LOT of golf on them, and a LOT of competition golf, at that.
The closest thing I've played to these may be the Callaway XR Pros I had for a year back in 2015. I'm excited to get them, as a lot has changed since then, and I'm guessing these will be the most forgiving and longest irons I've ever owned.

When were you folks supposed to get your clubs for testing.
They’re being built by Wilson, shipping will happen when all is done! It’ll be more than worth the patience.

They’re being built by Wilson, shipping will happen when all is done! It’ll be more than worth the patience.
Are they here yet, are they here yet? 😀

Are they here yet, are they here yet? 😀
Haha, it’s definitely hard for people to wait, but we do like to try and keep threads clear of shipping talk as much as we can.

I've heard patience is a virtue.

I have been really thinking about these because I have noticed some slow down in my giddy-up this season. I've crossed that 40 threshold and my elbow has been an issue. I'm looking to see if these bring the distance back into my player-distance mindset.

Where are Wilson clubs assembled? Chicago?

What were the last players distance that spent an extended period of time in the bag, the Hogan Players Combo or something else?

This will be a really good test for everyone involved, and interested to see how you like these considering your typical iron.

What were the last players distance that spent an extended period of time in the bag, the Hogan Players Combo or something else?

This will be a really good test for everyone involved, and interested to see how you like these considering your typical iron.
I wouldn’t call those distance irons fwiw, especially not the low end of the combo, they were tiny! hahahaha

I was trying to think and probably Apex Pro’s? Maybe KING Tec? It’s been a whiiiiiiiiiiiile! Hahahaha

I’ve regained my efficiency and length, so I’m really curious to see how far these go for me, and how well they work for partial swings based off that.

I wouldn’t call those distance irons fwiw, especially not the low end of the combo, they were tiny! hahahaha

I was trying to think and probably Apex Pro’s? Maybe KING Tec? It’s been a whiiiiiiiiiiiile! Hahahaha

I’ve regained my efficiency and length, so I’m really curious to see how far these go for me, and how well they work for partial swings based off that.
Oof, that is a ways back. True on the lower end of the Hogans but the PTx Pro were some Players Distance for sure.

Oof, that is a ways back. True on the lower end of the Hogans but the PTx Pro were some Players Distance for sure.
I played the Hogan PTx and loved so much about them. Based on size / profile I did think of those clubs when I demo’d the DPFs. So far - based on an extremely small sample size - that’s about where the comparison ends. I will have this in mind when I have the DPFs in hand and am actually playing them on the regular.

Just to show this again, here's the DPF compared to the Apex Pros

I went and got AI fit.

First, my Apex Pro 9i compared to the DPF 7.
View attachment 9261720

View attachment 9261721

View attachment 9261722

There's definitely more heft to DPF. Blade length about the same.

The AI Fit was interesting. Basic questionnaire about skill level, experience, preferred shot shape, and what you want out of an iron, grip, and then wrist to floor static fitting.

There's a designated club with a little doodad in the butt end. You get five swings, not a series of swings and then the five best. Five swings.

I was recommended Model CBs with True Temper 120s with a midsize grip. Since that head isn't an option, we did a more standard fitting with the DPF head. KBS C-Taper Lite was a good fit.

The Fit AI I can see being a great tool for fitters to quickly get customers in the right direction. It's also a good tool for Wilson to gather data on who their base is.

It was jarring however going from the FIT AI club to and actual golf club. The AI Fit club didn't feel like a real club.

The DPFs are toe side forgiving though. Having a toe side strike go long right was crazy

Back