How is that TX a buddy just mentioned it last night.

It’s the Port Cask finish and I like it. Would buy again.

The TX whiskey is kinda sweet and cinnamony. I don't hate it, just have to be in the mood for it.

The TX bourbon is pretty good, maybe lacks a little depth, but flavors good. The port (and I think sherry) finished versions are also good but get a little sweet again.

The TX whiskey is kinda sweet and cinnamony. I don't hate it, just have to be in the mood for it.

The TX bourbon is pretty good, maybe lacks a little depth, but flavors good. The port (and I think sherry) finished versions are also good but get a little sweet again.
Yeah I’d agree that it’s a little sweet but I kind of like that.

Yeah I’d agree that it’s a little sweet but I kind of like that.
Well I have a bottle on the way and will be delivered tomorrow morning.

Anyone had Bardstown Discovery 11?

I'm going to crack it open tonight after picking it up today. I've been debating it for a bit but finally pulled the trigger. the mashbill blend is pretty certainly 71% 13 year old Wild Turkey and every review I've read on it says great things.

Splurged and ordered an old fashioned with Whistlepig 12 tonight, super smooth!

I live in Canada so when you go shopping for some Gold Cock say the 10 year old Gold Cock that cock will cost about $400. A lot of people won't pay $400 for some Gold Cock but once they try it I'm sure they'll come back for more of that 10 year old Gold Cock.

Attachments

• 1715567973521.png
    1715567973521.png
    161.4 KB · Views: 0
Ok who is in Virginia?
1000006933.jpg

I am and saw this email earlier this week. Are you trying for anything?
Well cypb, 12 year, or Blanton gold would be at the top of my list. If you happen to find and are up for a shipping you know where to find me!

Well cypb, 12 year, or Blanton gold would be at the top of my list. If you happen to find and are up for a shipping you know where to find me!
Depending on my travel for the skytrak event I may be able to try but usually there's a line around the store an hour before they open

Anyone had Bardstown Discovery 11?

I'm going to crack it open tonight after picking it up today. I've been debating it for a bit but finally pulled the trigger. the mashbill blend is pretty certainly 71% 13 year old Wild Turkey and every review I've read on it says great things.
Disco 11 is fantastic. My local guy kept telling to grab one. Glad I did. Really well balanced. I think you're right on the 13yr Wild Turkey, but then I love WT product generally. Just finished up a Russel's Reserve store pick last night. Love to find another one, but I have plenty of other bottles I need to work on...

Disco 11 is fantastic. My local guy kept telling to grab one. Glad I did. Really well balanced. I think you're right on the 13yr Wild Turkey, but then I love WT product generally. Just finished up a Russel's Reserve store pick last night. Love to find another one, but I have plenty of other bottles I need to work on...
I'm a big Russell's/WT fan too. I think I have counted that I have 24 different RR barrel picks. Probably 15-18 of them are opened. Great variety in flavors but never bad.

Back