UST Mamiya DART V TSPX Iron Shafts

So, I take full shots with my 54 & 58 and touch shots. Would you think iron shafts there and wedge shaft for my 62?
Do you hit your 54 and 58 full or partial more? If you never hit the 62° full, I would go with a wedge shaft personally.

Do you hit your 54 and 58 full or partial more? If you never hit the 62° full, I would go with a wedge shaft personally.

I’d say honestly it’s probably 50/50. I definitely use them around the green but if I’m 100yds in I’m probably looking at a 54 and 80yds a 58. That changes as it warms up.

I’d say honestly it’s probably 50/50. I definitely use them around the green but if I’m 100yds in I’m probably looking at a 54 and 80yds a 58. That changes as it warms up.
These are my distances with the same lofts and I really like the iron shafts in the wedges. The weight is perfect and I have zero complaints on the feel with them. Th ball flight is good and you can easily hit a knockdown if needed. Hands down these are my favorite shafts that I have owned. I didn’t even know they had wedge shafts in the Dart V till you guys started talking about it 🤣

These are my distances with the same lofts and I really like the iron shafts in the wedges. The weight is perfect and I have zero complaints on the feel with them. Th ball flight is good and you can easily hit a knockdown if needed. Hands down these are my favorite shafts that I have owned. I didn’t even know they had wedge shafts in the Dart V till you guys started talking about it 🤣
Thanks Brian!

I think conventional wisdom would say put an iron shaft in your 54 & 58 at that point. I remember reading about people putting an 8 iron shaft in wedges before. Maybe to keep the ball flight down.

These are at the top of my list to try whenever I get my next set of irons. Might try to grab a 7 iron and a Dart V 90F4 to see what kind of launch, height, and descent I get. That’s always a concern for me since I have a fairly steep angle of attack. I do like seeing the comments about it remaining stable even when really hitting down on the ball. That should bode well for me.

Back