Shot Scope V5 Golf Watch Review

This is discussed a bit in the live update thread but it has to do with waterproofing as well as a land mine of IP like the apple charger.

You get used to it pretty quickly though
Do not remember reading that in the update thread. But hey, I've missed several things live today. So I got that going for me. Will refresh and look through it again.

Already figured out how to get it stable, it will grow on me I imagine. Just first response. Love the fit and weight. Wore my Samsung watch today just to see how it would go (Don't wear it much due to vision/glasses). Think I will be just fine with it for tracking compared to the H4 I had.

I have the V5 and have three rounds with it. It's definitely a watch that needs a steep learning curve. I do not find it that intuitive. Yet once comfortable it's fairly easy to use.
Getting into the habit of locating the flag and logging putts has been a hurdle. I've also left the last hole and found the watch sort of frozen in the round.
One other issue is the lack of being able to edit the round score. At least I haven't figured that out yet. Again. Not that intuitive.
I do love the club tags. The huge amount of data available is a huge plus as well.

Do not remember reading that in the update thread. But hey, I've missed several things live today. So I got that going for me. Will refresh and look through it again.

Already figured out how to get it stable, it will grow on me I imagine. Just first response. Love the fit and weight. Wore my Samsung watch today just to see how it would go (Don't wear it much due to vision/glasses). Think I will be just fine with it for tracking compared to the H4 I had.
The weight is perfect for me.
Great playing with those guys in NJ last week with THPers at Hidden Creek.

I think i’m jumping from x5 to v5

The weight is perfect for me.
Great playing with those guys in NJ last week with THPers at Hidden Creek.

I think i’m jumping from x5 to v5
Thought it was your "healing week" and hope that the people's elbow is continuing the mend. Was smart not to swing.

Am looking forward to getting the data back in rotation.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
IMG_3162.jpeg

V5 has been set up and is charging. Have a 9am tee time tomorrow so I’m happy it arrived today.

First impressions coming from the x5 are the V is definitely a bit lighter. Seems to have the same clock face options and menu navigation. I think the smaller button where the crown button is on the X is going to definitely help with the accidental pushes during swings

V5 has been set up and is charging. Have a 9am tee time tomorrow so I’m happy it arrived today.

First impressions coming from the x5 are the V is definitely a bit lighter. Seems to have the same clock face options and menu navigation. I think the smaller button where the crown button is on the X is going to definitely help with the accidental pushes during swings
I picked up a V5 unit and played with today after kinda struggling with the X5.
If you like the 'Simplicity" of V3, your going to love V5.
V5 was so easy to use, I even used to keep score, again, so easy.
It did a great job of knowing when I was on the green and just pick the corresponding button to the putt count, just like V3.
I didn't use the layup functions however I really didn't need to as the cart had a GPS and I'm familiar with the course.

It was the first time since the release of X5 I felt I wasn't "Working" to interact with the watch, interacting with the V5 came "Naturally"

BTW, if you need to add a shot for a lost ball, unlock it, go to the upper left button that shows the score and press it, it will then give you an option to add a penalty stroke.

Already figured out how to get it stable,
If it is like the X5, it takes a little more pressure than expected to get it to "snap" in place when new. It does get easier as time goes by.

Reactions: J4U
Got my V5 charging and loading firmware now. Looking forward to the change from the X5.

If it is like the X5, it takes a little more pressure than expected to get it to "snap" in place when new. It does get easier as time goes by.
I found the V5 really tight to get the charge FOB to click. BTW: X5 charger cord works with V5

After JB mentioned it, I went back and found that piece of it and remembered reading it before. Forgot about people talking about the little extra pressure piece.

Once I applied a little force, felt the pop, and was right as rain. Knee jerk reaction on my part about the DO NOT like :(

Easy peasy now and don't have to worry about it falling off. It's the little things.

I picked up a V5 unit and played with today after kinda struggling with the X5.
If you like the 'Simplicity" of V3, your going to love V5.
V5 was so easy to use, I even used to keep score, again, so easy.
It did a great job of knowing when I was on the green and just pick the corresponding button to the putt count, just like V3.
I didn't use the layup functions however I really didn't need to as the cart had a GPS and I'm familiar with the course.

It was the first time since the release of X5 I felt I wasn't "Working" to interact with the watch, interacting with the V5 came "Naturally"

BTW, if you need to add a shot for a lost ball, unlock it, go to the upper left button that shows the score and press it, it will then give you an option to add a penalty stroke.
Happy to read this review. X5 didn’t sit well with me. Looking forward to getting my V5.

After JB mentioned it, I went back and found that piece of it and remembered reading it before. Forgot about people talking about the little extra pressure piece.

Once I applied a little force, felt the pop, and was right as rain. Knee jerk reaction on my part about the DO NOT like :(

Easy peasy now and don't have to worry about it falling off. It's the little things.
Your stats are going to be amazing. Im confident.

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
Fully charged and ready to go. Walking 18 at 6:15 in the morning just to get this data collection started

Was so excited to get this to the course this morning. Took a few minutes for the GPS to locate the watch and off I went. I entered scores correctly especially the putting. I enjoyed the putting feature... I really enjoyed the distance readings from front/middle/back. Thats about it. A lot of missed shots and tags won't read or be recognized by the watch. Very disappointed. This data is what I was going to use to determine my level of club tinkering next season.

V5 was flawless for me in the first round out. My biggest issue with the X5 was hitting the crown button on just about every swing or practice swing and I did that zero times today with the X. I did forget to track the putting on almost every hole. I just need to get back in the habit of hitting the button prior to putting

V5 was flawless for me in the first round out. My biggest issue with the X5 was hitting the crown button on just about every swing or practice swing and I did that zero times today with the X. I did forget to track the putting on almost every hole. I just need to get back in the habit of hitting the button prior to putting
When you line up the ball, make it a practice to hit the button. It will become second nature.

When you line up the ball, make it a practice to hit the button. It will become second nature.
Yeah I had gotten in the routine with the X5 but haven’t tracked much to start the year so got out of the habit. Just need to get back in to the routine. It does become second nature pretty quick once you do it a few rounds for sure

The putting feature is one thing I made a great effort to keep up with today. By the end of the round I was very pleased that it just "happened"

The putting feature is one thing I made a great effort to keep up with today. By the end of the round I was very pleased that it just "happened"
Something else is going on if it’s missing all of those shots.
I know it Sounds trivial as can be, but read over the instructions. I bet its something simple.

Something else is going on if it’s missing all of those shots.
I know it Sounds trivial as can be, but read over the instructions. I bet its something simple.
When i got home I checked all the tags. 2 wouldn't recognize so I swapped them out with the previous tags I already had. It recognized the rest with no hesitation. Its likely something really simple I have over looked. The unit offers so much info I was disappointed to not have it to review. Today was a scrambled egg of a round but limited damage.

First round where I kept the data yesterday. I did already do pin collect with the H4 so having the V5 on my wrist was actually much easier for that. Also @GavinwithaR1 gave me a tip while at the Data Experience with my alignment. I am walking into the ball now with the club in my right hand so I don't get the watch to actually find the club until I put my left hand on the club. I checked every few shots that the club actually registered and I think I missed 2 shots total. I don't do a lot of practice swings so I may see what kind of preshot routine will help collect the club info without fail.

Back