DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Played Bridlewood yesterday. Course is in nice shape and pace was better than expected. We finished 18 in just over 4 hours and that was with a minor dispute at the turn when the bartender didn’t want to honor our free beer. (Our receipts clearly stated “with beer” but he argued that it meant 1/2 off. Good grief. He ultimately blamed the pro shop for ringing it up incorrectly.) Greens were fast and true. Weather stayed cloudy and cooler than expected, with a nice breeze. Humidity was high, but with the clouds and breeze, it wasn’t a factor.
that is silly, must have been new bar tender...holler i have a whole piocket full of free beers in my cart, will hadn you ten of them next time :p

Played Stevens Park today - first time there this year. What a great course, especially for the $19 senior rate. My playing partner had to cancel on me and I got paired with a husband and wife. What a riot - Archie and Edith Bunker come to mind, not physically, but personality wise. Dude was constantly griping at his wife, who could outdrive him by 60 yards. Their “arguing” was pretty uncomfortable, but I got used to it and realized that’s just who they are.

Had a really fun round - shot an 83, with a birdie on 18 to keep me coming back! Course is in great shape. Greens were kinda bumpy, but not horrible.

If you want to play it, call the clubhouse. They’re not posting tee times on the website. Looks like they’re full every day, but not the case. It was pretty open today - a beautiful Friday, with sun, temps in the 80s and very little wind.

Played Stevens Park today - first time there this year. What a great course, especially for the $19 senior rate. My playing partner had to cancel on me and I got paired with a husband and wife. What a riot - Archie and Edith Bunker come to mind, not physically, but personality wise. Dude was constantly griping at his wife, who could outdrive him by 60 yards. Their “arguing” was pretty uncomfortable, but I got used to it and realized that’s just who they are.

Had a really fun round - shot an 83, with a birdie on 18 to keep me coming back! Course is in great shape. Greens were kinda bumpy, but not horrible.

If you want to play it, call the clubhouse. They’re not posting tee times on the website. Looks like they’re full every day, but not the case. It was pretty open today - a beautiful Friday, with sun, temps in the 80s and very little wind.

Great! Back 9 has excellent views of downtown Dallas.

Back