Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

View attachment 9261885View attachment 9261886

Still getting a feel for the Darkspeed X, today was one of those days where you felt like you kind have the comfort level there and you can just step up and swing it. It’s consistent and my misses are not killing me anymore. I can actually keep the ball in play and it lets me score so much better. The one difference this year is have to know where to aim at since I do hit it further. I’m absolutely loving the power and consistency with the Darkspeed X. I am glad I ended up with this and not the LS head so my misses are still much more playable.
You're just silly. Like do you even lift, bro? 🤣🤣

I'd consider selling a kidney for those numbers. Keep on bombing!

You're just silly. Like do you even lift, bro? 🤣🤣

I'd consider selling a kidney for those numbers. Keep on bombing!
I actually do not lift for the record 😂

I had a decent driving day today, but this one was the highlight of the day. A great shot that felt really good from the start:
1714513524738.jpeg
That's about 282 yds and it was at least 250 carry. Of course I messed up the rest, but let's not talk about that right now :D

Course conditions were like this at times. This is a 220yds carry on #18. I know it was all carry...
1714513623790.jpeg

These. Drivers. Look. So. Good.

Hit all three today extensively. The MAX was going left a bunch for me and the spin was just too much in terms of optimizing ball flight.

X was really good, and so was LS. I’m a higher spin player, so the LS won out, but it was not far off. Most will benefit from the X and honestly I could play that just fine, but the customization with the LS for me will be the way I go. The customization seems to be the biggest thing that is pushing me to LS since I can adjust the flight a bit more with it.

The sound and look of these is so fricken good though.

Also, I think this combo is sexy! I haven't really captured it perfectly, but live it looks fantastic!
1714514325849.jpeg1714514333407.jpeg

Currently have a 10.5 X in play. The looks and sound/feel of this is head is really really good. Just when I thought glossy is where its at Cobra comes back with the matte crown and something about it just seems right. Typically I would play a 9* head but giving this a shot and based on what I've seen I really have no complaints. Have the heavier weight forward and I have been swinging free with this thing and the results have been good. Its early in the season for me and I've noticed a few things I will wait to comment on for now but really enjoying this driver more than my Aerojet so far.

As an internet golfer I think I need to give the LS a shot for more speed and distance and science!

Did not drive the ball well last night. Can't all be sunshine and rainbows, I guess. Only the second night of league, but I went back to my old swing tendencies and was losing everything right again. The miss is much less than it used to be because of the more forgiving X head and Linq Blue combo, but it was still there last night and I was losing a ton of distance because of it.

Thing that blows me away is how much fun this Darkspeed X is to hit, even if you're not swinging your best. It was mentioned above but the Matte crown is just confidence inspiring, it looks so good. I'll never understand why companies go away from it. And I still love the feedback I get from the club.

Our last hole last night was a Par 5, 535 yards or so. I was ready to pull the fairway wood out after having bad luck with driver, but I gave it one more go. Bullet with a baby draw just down the middle about 240 some yards. I'll take that on this specific hole every time. Just as I was about to walk away, it pulled me back in. So yeah I'm still extremely happy with the combo. Still trusting the process and working some things out, but I feel like once I get past some of the elbow issues and get into a groove this thing is going to be really good for me this year.

Currently have a 10.5 X in play. The looks and sound/feel of this is head is really really good. Just when I thought glossy is where its at Cobra comes back with the matte crown and something about it just seems right. Typically I would play a 9* head but giving this a shot and based on what I've seen I really have no complaints. Have the heavier weight forward and I have been swinging free with this thing and the results have been good. Its early in the season for me and I've noticed a few things I will wait to comment on for now but really enjoying this driver more than my Aerojet so far.

As an internet golfer I think I need to give the LS a shot for more speed and distance and science!
Everyone needs to give the LS a shot. I will :D But also the Max, since you never know what will be the ticket. My fitting we did Max and then X. I've only hit the 8* LS head, so looking to try the 10.5.

I can’t wait for all the Morgan Cuppers to get their hands on these. Which model you guys thinking?
I'm not a fast swing speed guy, but I've battled spin historically. Two fittings put me in the LS, but it makes me nervous. I'm thinking about getting to Oklahoma City one more time before the 17th, just to make sure the X might not be the better option. At the end of the day, I'm just excited to finally get these out on the course.

I'm not a fast swing speed guy, but I've battled spin historically. Two fittings put me in the LS, but it makes me nervous. I'm thinking about getting to Oklahoma City one more time before the 17th, just to make sure the X might not be the better option. At the end of the day, I'm just excited to finally get these out on the course.
If the fit put you there then that's what best for you! Even if it might not be "made" for what you think would be the best...the numbers don't lie!

10.5 LS w/ Hazrdus Red 6.5

Have two full rounds with it under my belt now. First round I hit a couple rly nice drives, but was mostly stuck turning everything over which is a big no-no for my low spin swing. This was definitely not a great swing day, but I was a little worried I had made the wrong choice with LS. They weren’t complete duck hooks, but just too much draw for my liking.

Round two however was different story. One of my best driving days in a long while, long and easy to shape when required. I love how easy it is to fade this head! As a natural drawer, it’s always a struggle when a fade is required. When I try and fade it’s more like a push, but I can actually get this head to curve which is great. Definitely a much better swing day, but I made one head adjustment that I think was key.

I actually lofted up to 11.5 which seems weird, but I wanted to put a bit more spin on it. Thank goodness for the smart pad as it doesn’t seem to close the head very much at all! I hate seeing a closed face at address (obviously as a drawer), but I think it still looks fantastic, it’s almost imperceivable rly. I’d love to know what my head is digitally, cause it looks and certainly launches quite a bit lower than my prior G410+ @ 9*.

Either way, putting the ego aside and lofting up seems the ticket. I’m still leaving heavy weight in the back for now, but would like to go to a 6g weight in the toe port for even a little bit more fade bias, but other than that I think I have a winner on my hands! Never would have thought I’d find myself in an LS head, but the idea of low spin head with extra loft seems great. Keeps the spin down on my low strikes or playing a cut which his head seems to love, and when struck well it’s a monster.

Super excited to put this thing to the test this season! Will report back after some more time with it.

Pic for reference of how it looks lofted up to 11.5*.IMG_1838.jpeg

10.5 LS w/ Hazrdus Red 6.5

Have two full rounds with it under my belt now. First round I hit a couple rly nice drives, but was mostly stuck turning everything over which is a big no-no for my low spin swing. This was definitely not a great swing day, but I was a little worried I had made the wrong choice with LS. They weren’t complete duck hooks, but just too much draw for my liking.

Round two however was different story. One of my best driving days in a long while, long and easy to shape when required. I love how easy it is to fade this head! As a natural drawer, it’s always a struggle when a fade is required. When I try and fade it’s more like a push, but I can actually get this head to curve which is great. Definitely a much better swing day, but I made one head adjustment that I think was key.

I actually lofted up to 11.5 which seems weird, but I wanted to put a bit more spin on it. Thank goodness for the smart pad as it doesn’t seem to close the head very much at all! I hate seeing a closed face at address (obviously as a drawer), but I think it still looks fantastic, it’s almost imperceivable rly. I’d love to know what my head is digitally, cause it looks and certainly launches quite a bit lower than my prior G410+ @ 9*.

Either way, putting the ego aside and lofting up seems the ticket. I’m still leaving heavy weight in the back for now, but would like to go to a 6g weight in the toe port for even a little bit more fade bias, but other than that I think I have a winner on my hands! Never would have thought I’d find myself in an LS head, but the idea of low spin head with extra loft seems great. Keeps the spin down on my low strikes or playing a cut which his head seems to love, and when struck well it’s a monster.

Super excited to put this thing to the test this season! Will report back after some more time with it.

Pic for reference of how it looks lofted up to 11.5*.View attachment 9262610
Insightful to hear how it looks lofted up...always a fear of mine as a drawer of the golf ball as well

Back