Cheating in college baseball?

Parrot

Bird of the People
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

I feel like baseball is the sport where if you aren’t cheating you aren’t trying.

I feel like baseball is the sport where if you aren’t cheating you aren’t trying.
Yeah but not if you’re using technology to do it. Stealing signals and finding a way to relay those to a teammate sure.

Cheating in baseball is mostly a Southern thing. Those rascals.

Shocked 🙄

I saw this…..

What are we teaching our young adults.

That is okay to be deceitful if it means we win?
That integrity is for losers?

At the end of the day if some of these gentlemen are trying to get picked up by the mlb, what happens when they don’t have their “training aids”?

“I’m not going to reveal it”…here are their team hitting stats. 🤔

I had a 7th grade team a few weeks ago that would bang a bat off the fence post when (the guy on base would relay that) a breaking ball was coming. I don't know if our elderly ump knew what was going on but he eventually yelled at their dugout for being annoying and threatened to chuck the next kid who did it.

FWIW, I think deciphering signs is a lost art in baseball. Technology changes it from an art to cheating. Naturally, scuffing the ball, illegal bats, etc are cheating. When I'm coaching third I see the 1st baseman watching me half the time to see if they can steal a sign.

I've told this story before, not sure if it's been here or not but my freshman year playing college basketball - one of the first conversations was (paraphrasing) "if you aint cheating, you aint trying".

It was about doing it differently than what their accusation is. However, people trying to get away with less than ethical play is not something that's new or unique to baseball or the south.

this sucks

Back