Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Par

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Bogey

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
One of my favorite holes because of the carnage potential. Do you go left or right of the tree?
Maybe go left day one, right the next. See which line you like better.

Maybe go left day one, right the next. See which line you like better.
No. Right both days. Getting an eagle going right means left is useless for my guy lol

One of my favorite holes because of the carnage potential. Do you go left or right of the tree?
I'll go right at the tree and let Jesus take the wheel.

No. Right both days. Getting an eagle going right means left is useless for my guy lol
That's what I did too, well , not the eagle part.

20230523_104909.jpg
Hole 9 looking back at Hole 8 middle fairway

20230523_105331.jpg
Hole 9 looking back a hole 7 green / Hole 8 tee box

Obviously there is a lot of conventional wisdom on this one saying to take it up and over the hill on the right to the fairway over there as it leaves a shorter shot with less trouble if you can pull that off. I will tell you that the caddies we had all suggested going up the left fairway.

So, on day 1, I went up the left fairway where you can see everything in front of you, but do have a longer second back across the creek. On day 2, I tried to go right, and put a big ole slice swing on the ball and ended up somewhere up the hill toward 9 tee box. Other guys pulled that shot up the right just fine.

If I was playing it again, I would probably just go up the left where (with my game at least) it didn't feel like I had to hit a perfect drive to find the second shot. There are so many forced carries into greens that one more here didn't make much difference to me. If I was playing a shamble, I would absolutely want to play first and try to hit something safe up the left and then let my partner go up the right.

I thought it was a really pretty hole though with the big sycamore tree hanging out in the middle.

We played the White tee here at 319 yards on the card.

Last edited:
Going right straight at the green. I am reaching that fairway easy. Might end up in one of those bunkers but no worries there. Par or better is likely.

Back