Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Par

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Bogey

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
An average 7W off the tee should leave me a fairly stock swing on a 58 into the green. I should make bogey or better.

Don't remember wind being an issue. Also don't recall which club I used off the tee. Believe it was 3W both times. Cool hole

Funny - did the exact same thing on day two.
I was no bueno, @BuffaloPlunger was up second and also went for it but went in the s**t too.
@JB looks at BuffaloPlunger and is like, why didn't you play the safe shot.

Is there a safe shot 😂 ?
I guess I should have worded it, why didn't you aim for that big landing zone off to the right. :ROFLMAO:

I was no bueno, @BuffaloPlunger was up second and also went for it but went in the s**t too.
@JB looks at BuffaloPlunger and is like, why didn't you play the safe shot.
My decision there will haunt me for eternity…..you can make up a stroke against the competition with just a par there. Birdie mentality can get you in trouble

I guess I should have worded it, why didn't you aim for that big landing zone off to the right. :ROFLMAO:
It's one of those shots you just die inside when it goes bad, because it's so damn beautiful and you just want do it justice.

It's one of those shots you just die inside when it goes bad, because it's so damn beautiful and you just want do it justice.
It really gets you because it looks so gettable from the tee box but in reality you’re walking a fine line

Depends on tees, format, and situation. At 280ish it plays about 3 clubs less. I drove it through the green or on the fringe after my shamble partner was safe. During the competition round I think I bogeyed. Playing my own ball I’m probably playing safe with a hybrid and hoping I walk out with par.

I didn’t fare well here. First day was because @xThor was safe and I went for extra and came up short. Second day, tried to go shorter and went in to the bunker. Bogey both days and bogey on the extra round as well. This hole is harder than hole five was for me

No fear! Driver on the line to the pin!!!!

This is another hole I didn't play particularly well. Definitely a decision point off the tee for some players. While the green itself doesn't provide too severe of a challenge, there just isn't much of anywhere I saw that was a safe miss if you went for it. Short was definitely a problem, there wasn't really much bailout room long or left, so it only really left short right. If memory serves, I saw four attempts at going for the green, and no one hit it. The safer play, and what I tried to do unsuccessfully both days was to lay one up on a line between the cart path up the hill and the bunker to the right of it. That leaves you in the wider part of the fairway theoretically with a 100 yards or so in. If you play in from the fairway, the green is decently deep from that angle and the approach is pretty flat and straight forward.

It is a nice risk/reward if you have the length, but I personally felt hearing those that went for it that the yardages the caddies were giving from laser adjusted played a bit longer than what they thought.

We played the Black tee here at 334 yards on the card, but I think this one must have played up also...elevation adjusted, I remember the number being given as 265-270ish

Last edited:
While I might get crazy and take a shot at the green, most likely I make a safe play to the fairway with something less then driver. Probably a 5i maybe a 4I. Either way from there I should have no issues hitting the green and managing par.

@adwillingham I must say, I love that you are jumping back into these hole previews with your recent experience and how you played these.

@adwillingham I must say, I love that you are jumping back into these hole previews with your recent experience and how you played these.
Thanks @ddec felt like the right place to do it, particularly given the quick turnaround to the next set of THPers attacking Ballyhack

Thanks @ddec felt like the right place to do it, particularly given the quick turnaround to the next set of THPers attacking Ballyhack
I'm definitley enjoying it.

Back