Brag about your kids

My son graduates college with electronic engineering major this Saturday. He’s worked his tail off.

Super Regional champions and State Tournament bound! Won both games yesterday, 4-0 & 11-3 to punch our ticket to the 4A State Tournament starting next Thursday!

Kid did me proud this evening!! She’s super shy, super nervous, but put herself to do one of the solos at her violin recital. She’s been playing for around 9 months, and nailed it. Super proud dad tonight! IMG_9706.png

Oldest son started work for fanzone at the F1.
He first went to the Suadi F1 and impressed them so got a contract.He has taken a massive gamble and i hope it works out.
Hes flying back from Miami today and then flies out to the Imola track in a few days time.
He'll get to travel the world.

My 8 year old is becoming quite the little soccer player. He is supposed to be playing in the 8 and under age group but for the last 2 years has been so dominate on the field all the other parents and coaches complained. He moved up to the 10 year old group early and is still eating up the competition. He is pretty much guaranteed a goal or 2 and a few assists every game playing with kids older and more experienced than him. Kid is tall and fast for his age. He kicks the ball the length of the field as well and is the only one I see able to do that. Pretty amazing to see when I still remember clearly how m being that tiny little baby we first brought home.

My daughter graduates from college in 2 weeks, and was feeling a little down after her final critique didn't go the way she planned. Last night she called me, which is a rarity in itself (women in their 20s don't actually use their phones to CALL anymore it seems :ROFLMAO: ) and she was absolutely giddy - she had just completed a 2 hour workshop where soon-to-be grads are matched up with alumni working in their chosen field to get info, feedback, tips, etc. 2 of the people she met with were absolutely floored by her portfolio, one called her a "design unicorn" and another told her he was sharing her entire portfolio with every manager at his agency to see who wanted to interview her - and this is an agency with huge offices all around the world. She was worried about landing a job post-grad (like so many others) and getting that incredible feedback has her ready to take on the world. I'm so happy for her.

My youngest son Trey and I have always been very close. The first day of league this year I shot a 49 and texted my wife that I stunk after. Later I received a text from him and this was our exchange. I should preface this w/ 2 bits of information. 1. It's a running joke in our family that if he does well in baseball my wife thinks he is "Mickey Mantle" and if he has a bad game/stretch he is "Mickey Mouse." There is no in between in her mind. 2. He called me his "Best Pal" when he was little and we still say that to each other to this day (he will be 18 a week from today).

Trey Text.jpg

Well... that motivated me this week and I shot a respectable 40. The simulator helped too. Also... good things happen to good people as he hit his first ever Varsity Grand Slam last night. (Our last name is Bova and there is another Trey on the team).

Trey Slam.jpg

My daughter was accepted into the national honor society yesterday. Very proud of her.

So @PackersGirl (tagging even though she would never come back here) started this thread during our middle son's freshman year of college.

Well, today was a big day.
IMG_6525.jpeg
IMG_6526.jpeg

2LT Hibler

IMG_6534.jpeg

He was also presented with the Wysor Saber as the Highlander Battalion’s outstanding senior cadet.

IMG_6535.jpeg

Very proud of this kid Man.

Kinsleys team won her playoff game and they stayed alive another round. On to semis of the loser bracket. Double
elimination is tough sledding.

My 7 year old daughter, Sicilia, had a state reading comprehension test a few weeks ago. The benchmark standard was a 78. She made a 203! The highest grade ever recorded on the test!

Son had the labrum in his hip repaired in December. He wants to play college football and has been busting his ass to get healthy ever since. PT three times a week plus the exercises every day here doesn't go, plus doing what he can in the weight room most days.

While I was at Ballyhack, I get a video from our head coach of him doing kind of heavy deadlifts. Made several of the guys there watch it and pretend to be interested! 😂

This and back squats were the last of his restrictions so excited to see him healthy and ready to start getting stronger again.

My 7th grade daughter and 8th grade son both had their awards assemblies today. I wasn't able to attend, but just received word that my daughter received the Top All-Around Student award for 7th grade and my son won the same award for 8th grade. They both work so hard (much harder than I ever did) to reach the goals they've set for themselves. I'm not sure I know how to be any prouder of them both than what I am right now.

Just had my daughter’s softball team party. Apparently the app we keep track of score on keeps player stats too and she had the highest average in the league.

IMG_9499.jpeg

Just had my daughter’s softball team party. Apparently the app we keep track of score on keeps player stats too and she had the highest average in the league.

View attachment 9267889
Also, I told her and she said she should have been the best because she was a 3rd grader and a bunch of kids were in 2nd. I kind of loved that.

Back