2023 Cobra KING TOUR, MB and CB Irons

The King tours may be the best iron I have hit. The look, feel, performance has been pretty dang awesome!

The King tours may be the best iron I have hit. The look, feel, performance has been pretty dang awesome!

mine are firmly in the bag, not interested in changing. if i am forced to gripe about anything, they seem to favor a draw shape. not sure if that's an internal weight thing.

I've now gotten some time with both the King Tour's and the CB's, and they are both fantastic irons. When I tested, the King Tours won out for me, as they just had a bit more forgiveness and ball speed for me, but the CB's were not difficult to hit either. Will be sharing some more thoughts once I am able to get them and actually test on course, but so far I definitely came away impressed.

mine are firmly in the bag, not interested in changing. if i am forced to gripe about anything, they seem to favor a draw shape. not sure if that's an internal weight thing.
Hmmm interesting anecdote about the draw bias. I am naturally pretty draw biased in any irons I swing so I never really noticed. I will have to remember to ask Jos and Yags about this.

Interesting I don't find that to be the case at all.

my swing is perfect so it can't be me

lol
Michael Richards Yes GIF

Figured I'd throw this here too, as not all follow the MC thread. Had my iron fitting yesterday and ended up in a really nice combo of King Tours and KBS TGI 85 Stiff, standard loft/lie.

Pitted it against the Darkspeed set at 2* weak. King Tours were consistently 1000 rpm more, 16ft higher, launched 3-4* and descended 8* more. Of course ball speed and distance was lower, but carry was only 6-7 yds shorter. And the King Tours with that combo were not missing left even on crappy shots.

Here's a couple of photos, KT + TGI are the orange ones.
1715711868930.jpeg
1715711888277.jpeg

Figured I'd throw this here too, as not all follow the MC thread. Had my iron fitting yesterday and ended up in a really nice combo of King Tours and KBS TGI 85 Stiff, standard loft/lie.

Pitted it against the Darkspeed set at 2* weak. King Tours were consistently 1000 rpm more, 16ft higher, launched 3-4* and descended 8* more. Of course ball speed and distance was lower, but carry was only 6-7 yds shorter. And the King Tours with that combo were not missing left even on crappy shots.

Here's a couple of photos, KT + TGI are the orange ones.
View attachment 9266878
View attachment 9266879
looks like you might have found your irons

looks like you might have found your irons
I'd say so with 100% conviction. But since there's still time, I'll only say 99%. The most impressive thing was the performance on misses. Didn't lose a single one so that they would've been unplayable.

I went to my local golf exchange to hit a few irons to see if i could get a little more spin than I am currently getting with my muzuno pro 243 irons over the weekend. I hit t100s, blueprint t, blueprint s, king tours, king cb, apex pro, jpx 923 tour, and p7mc. The cobra cb and ping blueprint s were both stand outs to me. They both gave me about 5-600 more rpm than my 243s and about 2 degrees more descent angle which is exactly what i was looking for. Lofts were apples to apples with the king cb since my 243s were bent 2 degrees weak. I placed an order for a set 4-p on saturday and today they called and said the 9 iron in the cb is back ordered until mid july! So I said screw it give me the mb's in 8-p and cb in the rest of them. You guys know how long lead times are for these irons right now?

Got to play the King Tours today on a course where the rough was a bit longer than I usually see. Cutting through the thick grass and getting good turf interaction was a breeze. Really happy with the way these played through some thick stuff. Figured I was surely going to be short on a few 7-8-9 iron shots from this rough and was definitely not.

my swing is perfect so it can't be me

lol
I am drawing mine fairly easily as well. I have loved the ball flight with my King Tours, especially after putting in
the Dart V shafts.

Got to play the King Tours today on a course where the rough was a bit longer than I usually see. Cutting through the thick grass and getting good turf interaction was a breeze. Really happy with the way these played through some thick stuff. Figured I was surely going to be short on a few 7-8-9 iron shots from this rough and was definitely not.
This is the one part where I am very curious on performance. I’ve been playing Srixons with the V soles for the past 8 years now, which perform very well through the turf for me. I’m going to be keeping a close eye on the king tours and how they perform in that aspect.

This is the one part where I am very curious on performance. I’ve been playing Srixons with the V soles for the past 8 years now, which perform very well through the turf for me. I’m going to be keeping a close eye on the king tours and how they perform in that aspect.
I really think they are great in that regard. They remind me of the PTx Pros I played. They just get through the turf so easily for me.

I imagine these are going to be popular in Morgan Cup bags and I’m not surprised. They are easy to hit, look fantastic and feel even better. However these continue to fly under the radar for most. A guy I played with last night kept looking at mine and said he really wanted to buy them but they spun too much for him. I found that a bit odd coming from a guy who was playing Ping but I digress haha

These are the best irons I have ever had in the bag hands down. I had considered going to the CB/MB combo but I really don’t see the need, these do everything I need and as I have said if they are good enough for Rickie they are good enough for me, no need to make the game harder. I did add the set GW so will be putting that up against my SB 48 in the near future

If I was to change irons right now the tours would be the front runner. I have hit them a few times and they felt great and performed well for me. The stock $-taper felt pretty good as well so essentially I could play a set off the rack as the lies fit me as well

The King Tours are really exceptional irons. I have never played an iron that gives me this level of distance without sacrificing forgiveness.

I imagine these are going to be popular in Morgan Cup bags and I’m not surprised. They are easy to hit, look fantastic and feel even better. However these continue to fly under the radar for most. A guy I played with last night kept looking at mine and said he really wanted to buy them but they spun too much for him. I found that a bit odd coming from a guy who was playing Ping but I digress haha

These are the best irons I have ever had in the bag hands down. I had considered going to the CB/MB combo but I really don’t see the need, these do everything I need and as I have said if they are good enough for Rickie they are good enough for me, no need to make the game harder. I did add the set GW so will be putting that up against my SB 48 in the near future
Have had many thoughts on getting the set gap wedge as well and will probably join you.

Have had many thoughts on getting the set gap wedge as well and will probably join you.
Yesterday would have been a good time to order that

I went set gap wedge. Just makes sense as it is really the only other wedge I would take full swings with.

I went set GW with mine based on the talk here.

Back