Search results for query: *

1. MtlJeff

Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

Stupid Canada, takes us longer to receive things. I just assume our customs agents are using these balls right now Look, just a comment here but if you see ANY reviews that are like "Um , i love these balls, they help me focus-----Canadian Customs Agent" Do NOT like the post. These are MY balls!
  2. MtlJeff

CONTEST The 2024 PGA Championship and Thread

It seems wrong that i immediately dismiss Xander Shauffele even after a dominating first round and 3 shot lead....but i right away am like "OK who is really gonna win this"
  3. MtlJeff

Ship Sticks Is Out of Their Minds

Yeah i was trying to think of a case where i would actually use them at that cost. If i was going to Hawaii for 3-4 weeks i'd probably lug my clubs through oversize baggage. When i go to NJ/NY to play courses there i always rent since it's only 1-2 rounds
  4. MtlJeff

Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

I got to hit about 40 balls or so with it yesterday. I really liked it, but i didn't find it performed noticeably better than my TSR2. That being said the Titleist was one of the top trackman performers for me in 2023. I tried 2-3 different shafts . It's a really good driver with a pretty...
  5. MtlJeff

best single season of a TV show

GOT season 6 was so good. I feel like the whole series built up that payoff at the "Battle of the bast*rds". They killed off so many main characters, but finally gave one of the good guys an epic win. When the nights of the vale come around the corner, of any scripted show (not counting real...
  6. MtlJeff

Ship Sticks Is Out of Their Minds

Yeah this is what i don't understand either. It's a hassle to travel with oversize luggage but you can still do it for pretty minimal cost. So the cost of the service has to be roughly equal to the cost of annoyance of lugging your clubs around. Several hundred US seems a bit high Not to...
  7. MtlJeff

Need opinions. Should the field be upset here? Member Member event Handicap discrepancy.

12 months is a bit of a long time, i do like the idea of lowest index , but maybe over a shorter time period like 3 months or 6 months And you make the cutoff 30 mins before the event starts with a 100% posting requirement
  8. MtlJeff

NBA 2023 - 2024

you knew a Luka game was coming, he'd been a bit off the last couple
  9. MtlJeff

Handicap variance.

A 3-4 stroke manipulation is a pretty big deal. Someone who should be a 9.8 on a given day and riggs it to be a 10.5 so he can play in B flight i don't see as the same. It's 3rd degree murder , not 1st degree. In golf i'd almost consider this closer to jaywalking Is it cheating, yes. I'll admit...
  10. MtlJeff

Handicap variance.

Even murder has different degrees!
  11. MtlJeff

Handicap variance.

I play a course with a 75/140 rating on one of the 18s and 74.5/138 or something on the other. I wouldn't say it's super tight, but bad misses are absolutely dead. The back 9 on the first course has water, dense unplayable woods or OB on every single hole. The front 9 has 3-4 holes like that. If...
  12. MtlJeff

Handicap variance.

It definitely is, i just mean it's at least IMO relatively minor. I know a guy who has won AA at his club multiple times. Maybe he is a 4.5 sometimes, 4.8, something like that. He makes sure he is a 5.5 for september 1st. It's not a huge delta.....and a lot of guys do it It's like fighters not...
  13. MtlJeff

Handicap variance.

I mentioned this in another thread but to me most handicap manipulating is similar to Nascar. It's relatively minor but a lot of people do it and they do it intentionally. And it's mostly about trying to make sure you qualify for a certain flight. I definitely believe that a 10 index will shoot...
  14. MtlJeff

What club?

4 iron I would say ever since I went to 52/60 for wedges Prior to that would have said 56 degree wedge
  15. MtlJeff

What Are You Hitting On The 254 Yard Par 3 At Valhalla?

It's likely gonna be a hybrid or 3 wood every time. Hard to imagine a circumstance where it wouldn't be one of those 2
  16. MtlJeff

yeah, for a while it was generally regarded as the best series ever. I feel like GOT encroached on that a bit. And then S1 of True Detective also But it still holds up incredibly well as one of the greatest, if not the greatest
  17. MtlJeff

How often do you check lies and lofts of your clubs?

I don't own clubs long enough for the lofts to change with use
  18. MtlJeff

The Wire definitely getting a lot of love here and i cannot argue
  19. MtlJeff

Need opinions. Should the field be upset here? Member Member event Handicap discrepancy.

Yeah same with ours, A flight you have to <5.5 to qualify but after that it's stroke play Golf is still fun at the end of the day. It's just a bit like Nascar. If you're not cheating a tiny bit---you are at a disadvantage
  20. MtlJeff

Cheating is a very vague word. Kicking your ball into a better lie is pretty blatant cheating, "forgetting" to enter a score so your handicap stays at 10.6 instead of 9.8 is something 80-90% of golfers do in my experience. Especially if it's related to staying in a specific class I've told many...
Back