Recent content by willplaysgolf

1. willplaysgolf

2024 Callaway Apex UW

Had a couple weeks where I was living absurdly off the toe with mine, and was pretty impressed with what I got away with. Wasn’t sustainable though. Focused a bit on getting back to more centered contact, and hit a couple nice shots to 15 feet the last couple of days.
  2. willplaysgolf

Alphard Club Booster V2- ideas to protect the remote from moisture

Haven‘t tried this, but looking at my remote I think you could put a rubber band around the remote to hold the USB cover in place, and still have access to the buttons
  3. willplaysgolf

Odyssey Ai-ONE and Ai-ONE Milled Putters Review

I ended up putting a CT Tour shaft in. Found the stock shaft to be a little light for me especially on short putts. Inside of 10 feet seems to be where I'm gaining the most from it. Speed control is great everywhere but 10 ft and in is where those seem to be dropping more vs other putters.
  4. willplaysgolf

Which do you identify with?

5. willplaysgolf

2023 Cobra KING TEC Utility Irons

On one hole this weekend I drove it left and didn't have a clear shot to the green. Had about 170 in and had to hit it under a ~10 foot high branch, while also hitting it over a ~3 foot high bunker lip. 3u was the only club I thought I could hit the shot with, and was able to chase it up to...
  6. willplaysgolf

Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

I've felt really comfortable with it from the get go. I flirted with Velocity and the previous LS models a few times but Hypersonic seems to fit my swing better.
  7. willplaysgolf

Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

FWs were trending down so I swapped the heavy weight from the heel to the back for the last couple rounds. Had a couple loose swings resulting in penalties but otherwise felt like I was keeping the ball in play with no real functional loss of distance on my home course.
  8. willplaysgolf

Odyssey Ai-ONE and Ai-ONE Milled Putters Review

JB Mini CH continues to be really solid. I have other putters that feel nice and put a good roll on the ball, but they don’t find the hole as well as this one.
  9. willplaysgolf

Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

2nd round with the Mindset Tour BX this morning. Was another day that was pretty easy for the red step. I tried to stay mindful of that step still and not take it for granted. One of the ways I did this today is to not go through the motions of Aimpoint too much but also really engage my eyes as...
  10. willplaysgolf

Played my first 18 tonight with the Mindset Tour B X. Thanks to THP and Bridgestone for the opportunity to review these! A quick intro about the current state of my game: After some relatively poor ballstriking at the start of the year, my game has started to turn the corner and I’m currently...
  11. willplaysgolf

Balls have arrived, and testing has commenced!
  12. willplaysgolf

Shot Scope X5 Watch

My newly replaced X5 is back to working correctly, so it was definitely the watch and not the tags
  13. willplaysgolf

Do you think a milled putter is better for distance control than an insert?

Depends on the insert IMO. For the best inserts I'd say it comes down to player preference
Back