Recent content by scott.french3

1. scott.french3

Epic Flash vs newer Callaway fwy woods?

What are the improvements in more recent Callaway fairway woods over the Epic Flash? If I am still hitting the Epic Flash well and like the Project X Evenflow Green shaft, i could just use my existing shafts in newer heads. It may not be worth it to switch heads. Thoughts?
  2. scott.french3

The 60 and over Thread

I retired 2 weeks ago. I have been using my time to hit the gym more and practice golf. My short game is coming around. Getting more up and downs. Working on improving my GIR numbers.
  3. scott.french3

Your Last Chip In?

Yesterday, I had a 60 ft chip that needed to climb an upslope and then role slowly on a downslope to the hole. I used a 54 degree wedge with heel off the ground and a putting stroke. I executed perfectly and watched it crest the hump and then roll down and in the hole. Birdie 2.
  4. scott.french3

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Titleist TSR1 driver with a Mitsubishi Chemical MMT shaft.
  5. scott.french3

Driver fitting tomorrow

We didn't try that combo.
  6. scott.french3

Do you ever feel not good enough for a golf course?

No. Just pick the right tees for you!
  7. scott.french3

Driver fitting tomorrow

Mitsubishi Chemical MMT
  8. scott.french3

Driver fitting tomorrow

Yes, clubhead speed, ball speed, smash factor. Contributed to carry and total distance improvements. The XXIO shaft was too whippy. The TSR1 shaft was lighter than the AI Smoke and Epic Flash shafts.
  9. scott.french3

Driver fitting tomorrow

It was an interesting experience. We concluded that neither of my drivers were a good fit. I tried three different drivers. Ping G430, Callaway AI Smoke.and Titleist TSR1. The Ping was dropped pretty quickly. I liked both the AI Smoke and TSR1. The TSR1 gave me more carry distance, total...
  10. scott.french3

Make a breakfast sandwich - pick 4

Whole wheat english muffin, 2 fried eggs. Canadian bacon and American cheese.
  11. scott.french3

Driver fitting tomorrow

Different heads. XXIO Prime vs Callaway Epic Flash. The faster driver has less mass.
  12. scott.french3

Driver fitting tomorrow

Not a mental thing at all. The lighter driver shaft, grip and head plus counterweighted vs a heavier shaft and head with std grip. Both resulted in similar ball speeds 120 - 123 mph.
  13. scott.french3

Driver fitting tomorrow

2nd Swing near me. The fitter has an excellent reputation.
Back