Recent content by mikefrench

1. mikefrench

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Managed to pick this up today. Have only seen it before on a pro's head in a course pro shop, and he wouldn't sell it to me :p . So I snagged it quick. Will go nicely with the Jailbird Cruiser.
  2. mikefrench

CONTEST The 2024 PGA Championship and Thread

Agree - this story should not forget that someone lost their life today. It's obviously a media talking point but Scottie getting cuffed is minor in the overall context.
  3. mikefrench

Iowa Hack Returning After A Long Layoff

:welcome: Very similar here - back after a 15 year layoff, and joined in January - this place is awesome.
  4. mikefrench

Does Rahm have a twin brother who isn't as good a golfer because these last two majors he doesn't look like the same guy. Not sure if it is the 54 hole tournaments, or the $500m weighing his pockets down but he isn't the same guy he was last year. Right now he is looking like he's having a...
  5. mikefrench

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Had a break for a few days and started to get twitchy.... my name is Mike and I have a golf shoe problem. This time I went retro and managed to snag a pair of Porsche Design (Adidas) spiked shoes from Vinted for less than $20 !! Needed a new set of spikes, so I have just completed them with...
  6. mikefrench

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats - You Are Headed to the Finale

Ah congratulations to all of you. A wonderful collection of names and people - and richly deserved. Have an amazing time !
  7. mikefrench

Driver Length? Would you consider shorter?

It may well be...... .... but as I said that wasn't the influencing information that meant I went for it :)
  8. mikefrench

I had a small bet on Xander to be the lowest round of the day (day 1 leader) at 25/1. I just cashed out because they were paying out 90% of it whilst he was on the 16th. I still think he is in with an excellent chance to be lowest but with Scottie and some other big names playing in the later...
  9. mikefrench

First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Yesterdays range session was probably the best and most consistently I have hit my Apex 21s since I picked them up in February. It has taken me a while to really get to grips with them due to some knee issues which lasted through to April and some swing changes I have been making to increase...
  10. mikefrench

Driver Length? Would you consider shorter?

I'm currently running my AI Smoke driver with a 44" Oban shaft which is about 1/2" shorter than the stock Tensei Blue it came with. Apparently, according to the fitter I saw, this is "Tour Standard" length (not that it influenced my decision in anyway - I'm so not in any way thinking it'll...
  11. mikefrench

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats you are Testing Bridgestone Golf Balls

Even without all of the live events over the last 3 weeks this is still a pretty rapid turnaround. Big props to everyone involved in the process. Patiently, but excitedly, looking forward to receiving them :)
  12. mikefrench

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats you are Testing Bridgestone Golf Balls

Not sure if mine are getting shipped from the US, or out of the UK/Europe but I'm not going to be stressed about them arriving until at least I have seen 10 unboxing photos/videos from Stateside. Once they are here I'll be getting them in the bag ASAP, with a 9-hole course on a weekday evening...
  13. mikefrench

What Are You Hitting On The 254 Yard Par 3 At Valhalla?

3W for me but I'm not sure what my swing will be like with my fingers crossed in that grip. On my better days the distance itself isn't the issue for me - but like others have said any half decent caddie or AI golf app is probably suggesting I layup to it with a 6i and try to get close to the...
  14. mikefrench

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats - You Won a Trip Courtesy of UST Mamiya

Congratulations to both of you @esg777 and @That post. ShaftUp! looks like an amazing experience - I'm sure you learn loads, have a blast and come back with a superbly fitted new driver - have fun.
Back