Recent content by hackitup

1. hackitup

CONTEST Live Update Thread – The 2024 SkyTrak Experience

Team JB for the win. Sorry if this was already asked and I skimmed it, but does the SkyTrak+ work outdoors in direct sunlight? Any plans to change hardware or is it too much of an edge case? I used the OG SkyTrak at a lighted range and it was a great tool but I don’t have the same access.
  2. hackitup

Stats ?: If you were to drive a green would you consider that a fairway hit?

I’m more trying to wrap my head around a bit of golf stat trivia. 3 or 4 times in 9 years doesn’t really affect my FIR. It might be a tenth of a percent being generous.
  3. hackitup

Stats ?: If you were to drive a green would you consider that a fairway hit?

I’ve counted it as FIR when I’ve done it. Guess I was doing it wrong. Counting it as a miss seems more wrong though. I can see treating it like a par 3 where there’s no FIR stat kept at worst, but a missed fairway doesn’t make sense to me stat wise.
  4. hackitup

And The Award For Most Beautiful Club Goes To...

Maybe it’s nostalgia, being an aspirational club from when I was starting to take golf seriously. I always thought the Mizuno MP5 was just a gorgeous club.
  5. hackitup

Cut my handicap in half

Great job @Jtubb17. Seeing the results of grinding is fun when it works in your favor. Cant wait to see how low you can take it.
  6. hackitup

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

I noticed a visually higher launch and/or ball flight compared to my Paradym. I had the Paradym TD and now I’m in the Ai Smoke Max. The shaft was swapped between the heads. I was initially concerned about how high my drives looked with the Ai Smoke Max. My first dry, warm weather round said I...
  7. hackitup

Which do you identify with?

1. But if I’m eating more than one at a time they gotta be the same color. Did I pass or am I a psycho?
  8. hackitup

EXPERIENCE The 2024 Victory Cup with Mizuno Golf

130 days? Yikes, that sounds like not enough time. I'm okay with where I'm at. It's far out enough that the nerves haven't started. I wish I could spend more time on the course and range, but I'm working around the time I have. This is the hackers paradise and sometimes I need to remind...
  9. hackitup

Driver Length? Would you consider shorter?

I played a 44” driver I was fit into with a different swing. The driver I have now is also fit to me and I didn’t bother asking or checking length. I’d assume it’s closer to the limit though. I’ll consider whatever a fitter thinks will help.
  10. hackitup

How many times have you changed your grip?

Once if you don’t count the waffling. I went from baseball to interlocking. The baseball grip was natural and felt right coming from baseball. Interlocking felt weird and it probably took close to a year to fully commit. My putter grip has gone through 3 changes. I went from baseball to thumbs...
  11. hackitup

Do you think a milled putter is better for distance control than an insert?

I’m doing pretty good with my new putter but I wonder how much is due to weight. I’m not sure if it’s total weight or swing weight but I feel like that’s made a bigger difference in letting the putter swing.
  12. hackitup

Need opinions. Should the field be upset here? Member Member event Handicap discrepancy.

Unless the guy has a reputation for having the round of his life when it counts it’s just dumb luck that it fell where it did. Lucky for him it was after handicaps were collected. I’d still expect some noise to be made, both in fun and being rude. I’m more likely to believe people until I have a...
  13. hackitup

hackitup's journey to Victory

I took a poorly framed video on Sunday to see how my swing was coming along. No bueno. I lost my weight shift. You can see at the end I shift forward. That move fooled me into thinking I was still shifting. Casting and scooping has always been an issue but it’s gotten worse. I think getting my...
  14. hackitup

Your Go To Places (Online) For All Used Golf Stuff...

THP Callaway Preowned eBay Global Golf (new feature so not many purchases)
  15. hackitup

What Are You Working On?

I watched video of my swing. I'm faking my weight transfer by moving forward after my swing... almost as an afterthought. This is such a tough one for me and I keep having to work on it after I think I get it down.
Back