Recent content by golfnwino

1. G

PXG on sale-again

:whistle: Right? I'd rather they just make the price $179/club with no shipping (5+ min order). Charge shipping on orders of under 5 clubs. Oh, and the 0211 XCor2 irons are only $99/club ( 5 minimum). I'll be hitting those at my fitting too.
  2. G

PXG on sale-again

Now Gen 5 irons down to $169/club (min 5+ clubs)! The $60 shipping charge is back but the 60 day return policy remains. Hard to resist since I've been thinking about upgrading my Gen 2 P irons for awhile now.
  3. G

Took the PXG bait , and here are my way too early thoughts.

Went to PXG fitting day last week and checked out the Gen 4/5 irons. As I mentioned above, I have the Gen 2 P irons and love them for everything except distance. I hit the Gen 4 XP irons with the UST Recoil Dart 75 shaft and fell in love. From the first swing it felt great and I hit shot after...
  4. G

100 Dozen THP Logo'd Golf Balls

really like the new look. User interface is a snap, and like the graphics as well. Great upgrade!
  5. G

Talk me out of PXG 0211 Fairways

Just call Discount Dans (assuming you know your specs) and order there. Free shipping and no sales tax. Problem solved!. Enjoy!
  6. G

Interesting you say that because I got the 0311 Gen 2s about a year ago (I was "robbed" at $99/club :D) and love them. At my PXG fitting I tried the Gen3 ($234 at the time I think) irons and, like you, the results were almost exactly the same. I've since compared them again when PXG has done...
  7. G

PXG Price Drop

PXG cut prices on the 0211 line (for 2/11 today). Driver is $189; fairway/hybrids $149! Putters, irons also discounted. Still the damn $60 shipping though ($30 for 1 club).
  8. G

Eli Manning Hall of Fame?

Simms only played in the first one. He was hurt late in the season of the 2nd one and Jeff Hostetler was QB through the playoffs. His other stats don't compare with Mannings, especially the 2 MVPs and rings. Eli beat Tom Brady/Bellichick twice in Super Bowls! and was MVP in both! Spoiled the...
  9. G

“Hybrid Wedge” - Could you use this?

An old friend of mine who is in his 60s and a single digit player has had a bag full of hybrids all the way down to the SW from one of the mail order off brands (Warrior?) for several years and loves them. A few years ago we played Camargo and he got up & down from this bunker at the par 3 11th...
  10. G

Who has done full-face wedges the best?

I don't use the 58 on anything longer than about 3/4 swing or 60-ish yards. I'd rather use the 54 or even Gap wedge (50*) for shots from ~50-100 yards. The 58* is great for pitches and bunkers. It's saved my bacon a number of times already and my yips are basically just a bad memory at this...
  11. G

Looking For Testers: Callaway Epic Super Hybrid

1. Would either replace my Callaway Rogue 3 wood with 16* or add 3H (18*) 2. Much more versatility than 3 wood and easier off the deck, I suspect. Like the head shape and anti-left design with more forgiveness. 3. Regular Thanks for the opportunity to test this new weapon!
  12. G

Who has done full-face wedges the best?

I got the CBX Full Face 58* a couple of months ago and it's been a game changer for me. Looks great at the ball, not too big or too offset and is magic out of the sand and short pitches especially from rough. I've had chipping yips for the last few years and between this club and the CBX2 54* I...
  13. G

Sand Wedge

CBX full face in 58* or 60*. Open it up a bit and swing. Like magic. You’re welcome.
  14. G

Well, the Gen4 0811 drivers are now $299 which is a great value but at $220 is like robbery! If you don’t need a club (or don’t want to spend more than the $79 credit) take a look at the accessories section of the website. I had about $50 to spend and got a combo ball marker/groove cleaner and a...
  15. G

Signup Now: The Budget Experience - Free Trip, Equipment and More

Entered! Thanks for this incredible contest. Look forward to seeing you there! Good Luck to all.
Back