Recent content by Desmond

1. Desmond

NBA 2023 - 2024

Deja vu Game 2. Brick after brick after ... brick.
  2. Desmond

Best Clubs for High Handicap Players

That is a really ancient driver... no wonder. Try gripping down on it.
  3. Desmond

Best Clubs for High Handicap Players

Driver, 5 wood, 4H, 6-PW, AW, SW, Putter As forgiving as you think you need but not ugly. Don't break up an iron set - tough to sell so go at least 5-PW or 6-PW. 5 wood is easy to get in the air. A good starter fairway. You could go 4H or 5H - buy one and fill in with the other later...
  4. Desmond

NBA 2023 - 2024

Nuggets, calling Denver Nuggets ... the game has begun
  5. Desmond

Do you think a milled putter is better for distance control than an insert?

No. It is player dependent. Look at the variables" The design. composition and feel (hard/soft) of the insert and on the milled putter, whether the milling is deep, medium, Shallow, the design of the milling and whether carbon steel, stainless, aluminum, etc. So many variables. What fits you.
  6. Desmond

Who is the best YouTube instructor? And why is it Danny Maude?

That and the voice is not made for TV.
  7. Desmond

Family Golf

I have a range membership at a nearby golf club. GF wants to learn to play. They have free clinics here. Went to Callaway PreOwned where I had a credit. Bought BB 8-9i and Callaway cavity based 48, 54, and a BB Ti 9 wood. She did not like the Bobby Jones 2015 driver with 40g shaft - too loud...
  8. Desmond

NBA 2023 - 2024

Local Sports radio say the higher ups had a "talk" with Luka to play ball, not the refs. Apparently, Luka is coachable to an extent but needs reminders.
  9. Desmond

Who is the best YouTube instructor? And why is it Danny Maude?

I enjoyed his lesson with Pete Cowen giving him the lesson. Very enlightening.
  10. Desmond

Driver Length? Would you consider shorter?

I think Rory went down to 44-44.5 at some point several years ago. Others were not over 45. I think the trend now with improved driver heads is to send it... far... and far typically takes a slightly longer shaft. But really fast swingers? They don't need a standard length driver shaft (whatever...
  11. Desmond

Driver Length? Would you consider shorter?

45.5 I grip down when I need more accuracy to 44.5-45. Some OEM's are 45.75 I buy those drivers where I can change the weights - I check Billy Bobs to see if they have weights for adjustment. I am not a high speed guy. In the past, 93-97. Those THP'ers who have played with me probably think...
  12. Desmond

What Are You Hitting On The 254 Yard Par 3 At Valhalla?

A tree. I will use the Billy Casper strategy. Hit to a safe place in the fairway, second shot to green, putt
  13. Desmond

NBA 2023 - 2024

Nice of the Mavs to shoot well, make free throws, and play defense. And Luka playing Bball instead of the referees. Several of his passes were beauties.
  14. Desmond

What's for Dinner?

It's just me, the chicken and a salad ... a simple meal. Broiled chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic, and finished with rosemary. And a small glass of Bedrock Sauvignon Blanc What I learned is that the upper oven doesn't broil well. Will use the lower oven with a high and low...
  15. Desmond

Did Golfers Dip Back In The Day?

Yes to dip and a special yes to cigs ... In '68, Raymond Floyd was known as a "player" and party boy as well as a golfer. I was at the Dallas Open (ie the Byron Nelson) for the weekend rounds. He would approach his shot, then put the cigarette down on a tee marker if it was a drive, hit the...
Back