Recent content by Daddio

1. Daddio

Ideal Loft

Great advice here. You commented on issues with local fittings requiring $100-$400 and a potential 3 hour time commitment. I've never had to pay or been pressured to buy at one of these OEM scheduled fitting appointments. If you scheduled a driver fitting they'll probably book you a 1/2 hour...
  2. Daddio

Getting Swing Speed?

Portable personal launch monitors and swing speed radars have become very popular. Maybe one of your golf buds has one? Maybe a THPer who lives near you might meet you at a range with their LM? I'd offer but we're not located close.
  3. Daddio

What club?

Probably 6 iron, although I did call on it for a pair of approaches and a layup in yesterday's round.
  4. Daddio

Anyone have experience with Axglo E-Carts?

Weird? I don't remember ever seeing my E3 act that erratically? I use remote mode a little more than follow, (@60/40) but when I am using follow mine acts very well. I'm typically hold the remote while it follows, but often enough the remote is in my back pocket, my front pocket, or a pocket...
  5. Daddio

Really Good Range Session Question

I pack it up and leave whenever I have session like that but the range I use most saves any balls I don't hit for my next visit.
  6. Daddio

High Handicaps and Birdies: Your Reaction

Yup sometimes the golf gods smile on us mid/high caps for whatever reason. Most of us aren't anywhere close to consistent round to round, hole to hole, or shot to shot. Expectations based on averages and how statistically likely or unlikely an event is don't account the roller coaster we...
  7. Daddio

First bucket is a disaster.. What’s your next move?

The range I use most saves the balls I don't hit for my next visit so I don't keep hacking if things are going especially bad (or good). Sometimes I accomplish everything I wanted 1/4 bucket in and other times I know halfway in I'm probably not going to 'find it' if I hit 4 buckets. Both are...
  8. Daddio

Well, this is sobering……

Same balls too? If not you're dismissing a massive amount of improvement.
  9. Daddio

First Birdie of the Month

Took 52 holes this month but got the short P4 16th at Rivercut yesterday. 65 yard LW set up a 4 inch tap in bird. Ugly round otherwise.
  10. Daddio

Arccos Golf stats on Scratch vs 20 handicap

Pretty much what I assume the averages of a massive sample pool would distill out to. Issue is though, of the many golfers I've played with I've never known one who was average in every facet of their game per their handicap. We all shoot the scores we do because of our unique blends of...
  11. Daddio

Range balls on a SIM?

I've used LMs to compare shag bag premium balls to various range balls from time to time over the years. Usually when comparing drivers and needing a way to relate #s acquired at one range to #s acquired at others. Even new range balls can vary significantly from different brands of new range...
  12. Daddio

Bad Luck

Do they let contestants choose the other golfers in their 4somes in these AM Tour events? IDK honestly? But even if they did let 4 friends pair up it would surprise me if everyone in the slow group was OK with deliberately messing with another competitors ball. Wouldn't they all be risking...
  13. Daddio

Is the ball “equipment”..???

Essential equipment.
  14. Daddio

Bad Luck

Nothing you can do really other than to control your own attitude while accepting the challenges a bad break deals you. Dwelling on it destroys almost any chance to play your next shot as well as you're capable of. Good breaks and bad breaks happen to everyone, always have, always will.
  15. Daddio

2024 Official Birdie Counter

37 birdies / 1 eagle / 41 rounds.
Back