Recent content by CTRosarian

1. C

The 60 and over Thread

Consistency is really important on the course. Being able to switch between different clubs and maintain consistency is something I think a lot of golfers overlook. A couple of swings and you hit driver really great. Then you need a few more practice swings for irons. That looks great when...
  2. C

The 60 and over Thread

Club Champion likes to do fitting with 6 irons because that is where folks begin to struggle. How are the other irons? When I first began playing on a golf course I'd go back to my 7 iron to figure out my swing. It was quite a transition from my back yard to a hilly golf course with small greens.
  3. C

The 60 and over Thread

Half my 45g ladies flex LA Golf iron shafts are black. The other half is white! I bought a bunch of Michelle Wie signature shafts. I can play half a set with either white or black shafts to match my outfit! White is Driver, 8I, Vokey 54/10S, Ping 58/6 TS. Pine meadow PGX with a chrome shaft...
  4. C

Ideal Loft

Simplified, for every ball speed there is an optimum loft. If you don't swing hard enough the ball may fall out of air too quickly. As a little kid I couldn't swing my 3 iron fast enough. I may have been better off swinging my 5 iron! But, I did learn how to swing a long iron at a young age, so...
  5. C

Driver Length? Would you consider shorter?

Translation. Your fitter doesn't want to do it. But you don't really know unless you were to get fit for a shorter driver. My fitter had me choke down on driver. He also bent an iron to see whether 2* upright was correct for me. He watched me sink a lot of putts and said I needed a 31 inch...
  6. C

Driver Length? Would you consider shorter?

I'm 5' 2." I found I have enough flexibility to take a really long backswing to hit the ball with distance and accuracy. Just like throwing a right hook against a target too slow to move or defend! Been practicing with a 41 inch shaft. Dialed in the dispersion which allows me to swing freely...
  7. C

Callaway JAWS Raw Wedges

The Callaway S and Vokey S grind are for players who like to square up the club. If you like the Vokey M grind for shot making I think the best option is the new Callaway Z grind. The Z grind may only be available with the RAW face.
  8. C

The Home Renovation Thread

I've been using a Werner Fiberglass 2 piece ladder for over twenty years. I do my own electrical so the added safety is a big plus. Even if you don't you never know when the ladder might come into contact with a live wire. It is heavier and more expensive than an aluminum ladder but the safety...
  9. C

Ideal Loft

Yes, I learned a lot from my fitter at Club Champion. I learned a lot of it previously from different sources but it was really good to talk about it in person with someone else. Sort of like taking a final exam! And passing! Even better, I learned how to tell the difference in feel between a...
  10. C

Playing from bare lies

I'm taking a penalty stroke. Which gives me the option of taking the shot again. Stroke and distance. Or a drop. As I said earlier, I believe in practicing penalty strokes as it part of the modern golf game.
  11. C

Playing from bare lies

If my short sided ball is sitting on high grass near the green, I can take a full swing with my 60* and hold the green with descent angle. I don't swing hard enough to use a more lofted club. My 60 stays at home so I can carry two 58s.
  12. C

Moving sucks.

I need to get rid of a lot of stuff before I move. I've lived in the same house for 23 years now. When a friend moved a month ago I gave her about fifty boxes to help with her move. As much as I could fit in my little car!
  13. C

Playing from bare lies

Take drops on bare lies to insure you get enough practice making that shot. Last year I got a lot of practice grinding through rounds to build confidence in my ability to make tough shots. A good hole was making an up and down after taking a penalty drop after being behind a tree. I did it often...
  14. C

Ideal Loft

It is easy enough to change the driver loft. My new driver was set to 14* due to my slow swing speed but I found it worked better with 12+ one marking more loft.
  15. C

Playing from bare lies

I carry a Ping Glide 3.0 58/ TS just for this shot and pick the ball of the bare ground. I put in the same shaft I use in my full swing irons. My irons were fitted to hold greens via descent angle. My stock shot is a high fade.
Back