Status
Not open for further replies.
Toast.

86 mph floater down the zone. I could have taken that one deep.

Kimbrel should have been in.

It was fun Bravos. They really missed Venters there. I agree that Kimbrel should have been going for a 6 out save.

#ImWithChad

MLB 2013

Maybe a case where your closer pitches the 8th. That title shouldn't always mean the last outs, just the most important.

It sucks to be a Brave tonight. IMO, when Puig doubled, that's when Kimbrel should've came in. You don't even flirt with disaster. And that's what happened.

Next Year will be for real. This year was really just an experiment of how a team like this would work. Sure McCann will leave for the Sox or another big payroll team most likely. However, we got guys who can really only improve off this year. Gattis, Uggla, and BJ can't really get much worse. Plus Huddy will be back at full strength. Add maybe one more solid .300 hitter to partner Chris Johnson and this team could get scary next year.

You gotta keep the positives when garbage like this happens.

Kind of glad I missed this game.

FG will be asked about the 8th inning for a long time.

It was a good run...here's to next year being even better!

Good luck to the remaining teams, the playoffs are dead to me.

Easy to blame Fredi, but he's never brought Kimbrel in for 6 outs before, so I'm not surprised he didn't there either. Fredi always plays it 'by the book' and it cost us last night.

You can't hang an 0-2 slider to a good hitter. Carpenter had been great for us all year, just blew it at the wrong time. Really hated to see a game that was setting up so perfect for us to win and come back to Atlanta end on 1 bad pitch. Gotta credit LA, though. Uribe didn't miss that pitch. That one physically hurt to watch. It was fun to watch this team all year, but man did it suck to see it end like that.

Good luck to my THPers' teams going forward.

Puig4MVP as I said all along

.471 for the series, not too shabby, and Hanley Ramirez of old showed up.

If their bats continue to be hot, they will be tough to beat

A few hours away from game 4 in Detroit.

I have a ticket, but I won't be there!

#thisblows

So I just read the Braves players boycotted Chipper throwing out the first pitch in Game 1 because he picked the Dodgers in 4 (he ended up being right) and he had to throw the first pitch to the mascot.

So I just read the Braves players boycotted Chipper throwing out the first pitch in Game 1 because he picked the Dodgers in 4 (he ended up being right) and he had to throw the first pitch to the mascot.

That's pretty tacky on all fronts

I was wondering why the mascot was catching that pitch. Makes perfect sense now. Braves players should have used that for inspiration to shut him up and prove him wrong.

Somewhere Cal Ripken is thanking somebody that the Orioles have never put him in that position.

Is Chipper in some type of analyst/broadcasting position?

Somewhere Cal Ripken is thanking somebody that the Orioles have never put him in that position.

Is Chipper in some type of analyst/broadcasting position?

Not really. He goes on radio shows a lot because he's pretty candid. It's silly, but it shows the current players didn't appreciate it. I'm ok with both sides of it.

MLB 2013

Not really. He goes on radio shows a lot because he's pretty candid. It's silly, but it shows the current players didn't appreciate it. I'm ok with both sides of it.

I am with you in that I can see both sides. I like the fact that the players didn't like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even as a hardcore braves fan, I told my friends it was over in 4. The braves were the weakest NL team and the dodgers have great pitching.

#ImWithChad

As a hardcore Braves fan...It was hard to watch them lose that way. It just felt like LA had our number from game one. Even in game 2 I still felt uneasy about it all, even though we held on to win. I thought that letting Kershaw pitch last night was a mistake on Mattingly's fault, and once we kept it even a 2's, it felt like we had a shot. When Carp left that ball up, the clock struck midnight on our season. I was thinking we should have had Kimbrel come in for a 4 or 5 out save, which he's done before, he was fresh and good to go.
I've been trying to look at the silver linings, and there are a few. We are a YOUNG team, with a lot of our core guys signed on for at least 2 years for more. This group of guys have a chance to REALLY make a name for themselves and this team. No one thought we should even win the Division, let alone hold it wire to wire like they did. This will leave a bad taste in their mouths until the 1st pitch of next season, and it should. It's hard to look at it as a learning experience, but that's what it is for this team. Hopefully, next year, this will make them even better.
I've always been a Brian McCann fan, but it's time for him to go. It sucks that he will leave on such a bad note, but your a multi-year All-Star and leader of this team, with the most Post Season experience, yet you go 0-12 and have 4K's in the last game. Don't get me wrong, all ball players have bad days, but he watched EVERT SINGLE 1st PITCH go across the plate for a strike except one, last night. He did this a lot this series, most for called strikes. I don't know if this was by choice or he was trying to get the pitch count up, maybe just wanted to "see one pitch". You put yourself in a hole, and statistically, you're not helping yourself.
It was just sooooo frustrating to watch.

Maybe next year. Sooooo since my Braves are done....GO PIRATES!

As a hardcore Braves fan...It was hard to watch them lose that way. It just felt like LA had our number from game one. Even in game 2 I still felt uneasy about it all, even though we held on to win. I thought that letting Kershaw pitch last night was a mistake on Mattingly's fault, and once we kept it even a 2's, it felt like we had a shot. When Carp left that ball up, the clock struck midnight on our season. I was thinking we should have had Kimbrel come in for a 4 or 5 out save, which he's done before, he was fresh and good to go.
I've been trying to look at the silver linings, and there are a few. We are a YOUNG team, with a lot of our core guys signed on for at least 2 years for more. This group of guys have a chance to REALLY make a name for themselves and this team. No one thought we should even win the Division, let alone hold it wire to wire like they did. This will leave a bad taste in their mouths until the 1st pitch of next season, and it should. It's hard to look at it as a learning experience, but that's what it is for this team. Hopefully, next year, this will make them even better.
I've always been a Brian McCann fan, but it's time for him to go. It sucks that he will leave on such a bad note, but your a multi-year All-Star and leader of this team, with the most Post Season experience, yet you go 0-12 and have 4K's in the last game. Don't get me wrong, all ball players have bad days, but he watched EVERT SINGLE 1st PITCH go across the plate for a strike except one, last night. He did this a lot this series, most for called strikes. I don't know if this was by choice or he was trying to get the pitch count up, maybe just wanted to "see one pitch". You put yourself in a hole, and statistically, you're not helping yourself.
It was just sooooo frustrating to watch.

Maybe next year. Sooooo since my Braves are done....GO PIRATES!

As young as this team is, they still need an ace. We will see if Wren can work some magic and acquire one.

#ImWithChad

Gearing up to root my red sox onto victory

Got a text from the kid, I'm missing one hell of a game in Detroit I guess.....

Bases juiced no one out? Whattttt? Come on man.

Bases loaded 0 outs and now back to back k's by scherzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back