The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where to ask this, but anyway, I have heard people say they use a wood or hybrid on short par 4s, short par 5s. I am not clear on why, doesnt that just make the hole longer? Who wouldnt you want to be closer? I am sure there is logic here, I just want to understand so I can improve my course management.

Some have already said hit to a number, but another reason is because the fairway might have hazards/bunkers etc at a certain yardage. If you can't fly them (and I don't mean on a perfect hit) and it's pretty tight in the landing area, it's easier to hit a shorter club that you can likely hit safely in the fairway than try and flirt with a tee shot that might require threading the needle.

I love DawgDaddy's avatar.

All of the RV shows on the Travel channel right now make me want a fleet. HA!

Not sure where to ask this, but anyway, I have heard people say they use a wood or hybrid on short par 4s, short par 5s. I am not clear on why, doesnt that just make the hole longer? Who wouldnt you want to be closer? I am sure there is logic here, I just want to understand so I can improve my course management.

If I hit driver on a short par 4, I'm usually at a distance that I don't like. I'll hit 3W to make sure I have a PW (even a 9i) instead of a half or 3/4 54*.

Unless there is a severe dogleg or hazard on a short par 5, I'm hitting driver.

Soo... I haven't seen this yet, and I don't know whether it's already in here or not, but this had me rolling....

Also, spoilered for language:

Spoiler

Soo... I haven't seen this yet, and I don't know whether it's already in here or not, but this had me rolling....

Also, spoilered for language:

Spoiler

That dude is going far. "I'm used to... from being east coast"

My youth leader won one of eight sets of the wilson d100s masters special edition irons off of twitter. He doesn't know what to do with em yet!
images

My youth leader won one of eight sets of the wilson d100s masters special edition irons off of twitter. He doesn't know what to do with em yet!
images

He can donate them to me or have my R9s!

Not sure if there a better place for this, but if you are playing in a scramble/captain's choice tournament and two of your 4 teammates do not show up, are you just out of luck and you only have two shots or can the two players each hit twice?

Not sure if there a better place for this, but if you are playing in a scramble/captain's choice tournament and two of your 4 teammates do not show up, are you just out of luck and you only have two shots or can the two players each hit twice?

I've seen it done both ways.

I've seen it done both ways.

I was in this situation this weekend and we weren't sure what to do and there were no officials to be found.

I was in this situation this weekend and we weren't sure what to do and there were no officials to be found.

I'd think 2 shots each would too big of an advantage.

I'd think 2 shots each would too big of an advantage.

Yeah. That is why we went with one shot each. I am an amazing 'B' ball player. :bye:Didn't play too bad actually but was curious as to what other people thought.

Sticky situation right there, but you seem to have handled it right. It wouldn't surprise me if most groups would go with two shots each.

Yeah. That is why we went with one shot each. I am an amazing 'B' ball player. :bye:Didn't play too bad actually but was curious as to what other people thought.

Yeah, I might actually sink a putt if I got 2 tries!

I declare JRMO mayor of Moberly.

Been a pretty good day. I'm happy for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back