What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a big demo day twice and played 9 holes. My game is a freaking mess

I only THP'ed today. Lousy weather.

Went to an awesome demo day! Hit too may things to name. Adams, Bridgestone, Callaway, Cleveland, Nike, Titleist, Ping, Taylormade, Mizuno. Everyone was there! I went really to hit the Mizuno SHaft Optimizer and learn some stuff about what fits me the best. Hit a ton of Cleveland and Mizuno offerings. I was expecting to have the most success with the 588 MT and the JPX 825, but that was not the case. I hit the 588 Forged CB great! Also the MP-64! I was surprised for sure.

I hit tons of shafts in the irons, mostly the PX 6.0, DG s300, DG x100. I had a good amount of success with the 6.0 in the 588 CB, and switching to the S300 just wasn't working for me. I got on the MSO and it spit out X100 soft step, 6.0, and KBS Tour X flex soft step. They didn't have the soft steps, but my last 3 swings of the day were with the X100 and I hit them beautifully! Definitely need to hit those again!

Great day! Also hit the XL Custom again with the Black Tie, JDL 6S, and B.Asha and had the most success with the JDL. Also hit some XL woods and hybrids, and 913s. Lots of thoughts if anyone is interested

Last edited:
Packed for a golf trip. Going to Destin, FL for five days of buddy golf. This is our 30th Annual Destin trip. We've got 32 guys going. Should be a blast.

Went to an awesome demo day!

I was there too! Weather sucked - on and off rain, mid to high 40's - but there was some serious hardware on display. I hit too many clubs to name in many different shafts, but the standout irons to me were the Cleveland 588 CB, Mizuno MP59/64, Nike VR Pro Combo, and the big surprise of the day, the Adams Idea CMB Forged. And the Adams are even better because they have KBS C-Tapers and Golf Pride New Decade grips, standard!

Also went to Golf Galaxy, traded some apparel purchases in for a better deal, and hit the Cobra AMP Cell Pro irons - great irons with New Decades standard as well. I have some real thinking to do on what my iron upgrade will be, too many nice sets...

Taught a First Tee class and then played 18 holes afterward.

Packed for a golf trip. Going to Destin, FL for five days of buddy golf. This is our 30th Annual Destin trip. We've got 32 guys going. Should be a blast.

Have fun! And hit em straight!

Took the new 3 wood out for a test ride, man is it sweet. Wrote a small review in it's thread.

So pics next week and then I am assuming we will see it in June?

Pics, definitely. I imagine I will be carrying in June, and even in my most optimistic moments, I don't think I'll be carrying a staff bag!

I got a great deal on a Big Moss Golf
3 x 7 putting green.

Tony (owner) donated one to our charity tournament and it rolled so well I had to buy one for myself.

I highly recommend one of their putting greens to anyone looking to work on the infamous 3-7 foot putt.

Fairly productive weekend:
Finely shipped my SB1w to SeeMore for the needed adjustments.
Booked a 3 hour short game lesson (need to bring at least a "B" game to Vegas).
Boxed up my Mizuno MP-60s since it's been a relatively "painless" transition to my MP-67s.
While reviewing my form (such as it is) in the mirror I noticed my swing is 90% arms/shoulders. My hips/lower body are basically along for the ride. once I figure out how to add hip rotation, my drives might break into the mid 200s. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Extended and regripped a new to me SeeMore PCB, and put some Golf Pride Niions on the XHot 3W and Hybrids (now matching the irons).

Played 18 in a MGA event.

Played 18 at Mansfield National again. I'm really enjoying that course.
Played bogey golf most of the round but the 11 & 12 kicked any chance of a good score out the window. I made up for those somewhat with pars on the 3 of the last four & missed the last by 3".
I know I can play "decent" golf but I've got to find more fairways. I'm getting a higher ball flight off the tee but it's getting erratic, if I bring my flight down I'm straighter & a little longer. I almost feel like hitting it 10' off the ground but being able to find it is better than "pretty" golf.

Spent today (as well as yesterday and Friday) volunteering for the Greater Gwinnett Championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Range and 18 , shot a 85 but really contemplating on picking up a Scotty now. My putting needs some help.

Got on the course with a few THPers and played 18. Or should I say attempted to play. We were all a little off today.

Didn't do much golf stuff except for booked my tee times for Thursday Friday and Saturday next week. I can't wait for some time off of work

Tapa Slice

Heading out on vacation for twelve days, so between the work and house stuff, no chance to pick up a club, other than to put a few divots on the front lawn and totally P.O. the wife.
So yeah, I put a couple divots in the lawn, made the gophers duck, and then cleaned my clubs.

Good news is that I'm planning on playing at least 3 times on vacation, and might sneak in #4 if I'm lucky. Maui here we come!

Heading out on vacation for twelve days, so between the work and house stuff, no chance to pick up a club, other than to put a few divots on the front lawn and totally P.O. the wife.
So yeah, I put a couple divots in the lawn, made the gophers duck, and then cleaned my clubs.

Good news is that I'm planning on playing at least 3 times on vacation, and might sneak in #4 if I'm lucky. Maui here we come!

I hear ya brother. I'm 17 days away from my golf trip and I've been working 72 hour weeks and haven't been able to play as much as I would like. Good luck on your trip!

Tapa Slice

Played 9 holes today and was pleased with my effort.

Time on THP, watched some golf on TV and booked a tee time for Thursday. We are heading down to Jekyll Island for a two day tournament on Friday and Saturday so we are playing a different course on the way down.

Watched the end of both tournaments and THP'ed, can't wait for next weekend, 60's in the forecast means I might actually get to hit golf balls this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back