TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Hybrids Review Thread

I'm still going to be updating this thread, bad weather has hit this spring and I do not feel very good about what I have contributed so far.

Now if only by the weather would get back yo normal.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I'm still going to be updating this thread, bad weather has hit this spring and I do not feel very good about what I have contributed so far.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk
Please do! That's the purpose of the long term testing. Keep updating us with your progress!

I haven't gotten to use mine as much, as the opportunity just hasn't presented itself on the course. The last time it did was at the par 5 18th at Capital City CC here in Tallahassee. Second shot GPSd at 241 to the center of the green. There's a bunker right in front of the green, so I hit the RBZ2 3h with theplan to lay up in front of the bunker and chip over with hopefully a birdie putt. I was under a tree off the left side of the fairway after a barely mediocre drive, but had a clear shot up the hill towards the green. As per usual with this club, I did an easy take away then tried to kill the ball. End result: just off the right edge of the bunker in front of the green, roughly 235 yards from where I was. My RBLDZ 4i kicked my old hybrid out of the bag, this one may send my 5w packing.

The shots were of course not as straight as the lines indicate, but the angle of the satellite photos doesn't show the clear line I had to the right of the trees just past where my tee shot ended up. The 3h shot skirted the right side of those trees and turned to the right around the big oak on the right side of the fairway before the green. The bunker was not well defined so while not in the bunker, there was lots of sand on the ground where the ball ended up.

nQEuq.jpg

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

As will I. I feel freaking awful that the weather here has pretty much hindered just about all of this testing for me. I'm actually going to drop another shaft in another RBZ Stage 2 3W and see if me and that one gets along a little better with me and stack my testing one up side by side with it.

EDIT - This was posted in the wrong RBZ Testing thread. Please disregard.

Last edited:
I will continue to update as well. Again it was in the 20s this morning so just not a ton of golfing going on. But I really feel my swing is coming around to the point that I can take advantage of this club.

I am having the same results as I have reported, but I will say I have gotten better with this club off the deck. I still tend to leak this club right on my misses, and I haven't had that issue in any other hybrid. I think it's a combination of my short swing and a longer shafted hybrid - but who knows. I have the same result with longer shafted drivers. I still hit this generally straight and bullet-like though. It will continue to be used off the tee on short par 4's ( it really shines for me there ) and on long second shots when there is room for the ball to be run up.

I am considering a shaft change at some point...

I also want to try a new shaft, but without numbers would be in the dark so I'm going to wait.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I want to Thank the testers for their job in testing the Stage 2 Hybrid, a lot of good reviews and thoughts shared in this thread. This testing is now complete.

Thank you War, It's been a pleasure to test. I'll continue to update with my thoughts from time to time.

It is probably needless to say for anyone that has read my comments on the 4h RBZ Stage 2 I've been testing, but I'll confirm that the club has earned a place in my bag. From the very first range session this club had made me say "wow" out loud on many occasions.

It's been very workable and for me a mid/high launcher. Very easy to hit. I've let a few THPers hit the club at local get togethers and even those who haven't liked TM hybrid offerings in the past say they are intrigued by the Stage 2.

Thanks so much to TaylorMade and THP for including me in the testing! I hope my reviews have been useful for those browsing this thread.

Super thankful to THP and to Taylormade for giving me the opportunity to test this club, I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope something I said helped someone who was considering it.

I will hopefully be doing a shaft swap in this club and will continue to post my thoughts and results.

I forgot to say thanks, again, to TaylorMade Golf and The Hackers Paradise for this opportunity to test his club.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I want to Thank the testers for their job in testing the Stage 2 Hybrid, a lot of good reviews and thoughts shared in this thread. This testing is now complete.

Thanks WE. It was fun to test and this club seems like it made a spot in my bag. Thanks again to THP and Taylormade for the opportunity.

I will post some more updates after I get the new shaft back to see how this does.

It was an honor to be picked as a tester! Hope some of my thoughts and results helped. The RBZ2 is definitely staying in the bag...

It was an honor to be picked as a tester! Hope some of my thoughts and results helped. The RBZ2 is definitely staying in the bag...
Yup, staying in my bag as well.

Went to the range today and had the most consistent success with this club yet. Only took three swings and that's all I needed. Hit it on the screws three times in a row. My swing has been a big work in progress, one of the reasons I struggled with this hybrid. Now that I am settling down and shortening my swing, I can really hit this thing a long way

Played all weekend with mixed results, Saturday was better and I was making good contact with the Stage 2, center of the face just up and down.

I really just tried to focus on making good contact with the ball, and slowed my swing down to do it, I didn't see a massive loss of distance from doing so.

I had some really good hits but I am not seeing the height I was earlier, and it has been lower then what I like.

I plan on doing some things and working on my swing, it's really all out of whack.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Hit a few shots with the RBZ again today. Still seeing a pretty low ball flight but in terms of it replacing my 3wood it has been great since it is more accurate for me. Can't wait to get a new shaft ready to try in it to see if that will give me a higher launch.

I practiced with this a little bit today, played around with ball position.

Think I got this thing pegged, and let me say I'm seeing more distance now then I was before, wow! This thing moves balls.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I decided to pull the trigger today on the Stage 2 Tour TP hybrid with the fujikura fuel 85g shaft. Very excited about it.

Thanks to all the testers for their insights. Your input in this thread (along with a very long demo at the range) made it a very easy decision.

I'm actually just headed out, plan on putting this club to work.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Because of the testing done in this thread, I have purchased an RBZ Stage 2 19*. Looking forward to recieving it this week and getting it on the range. I am in need of a replacement for the TM rescue that I have been carrying for so long. I believe this may fill that need. Thanks again to all the testers.

Played 27 holes yesterday and the 22* RBZ stage 2 continues to perform. Hit four gorgeous shots.

My only issue, and it is a small one, is I still have a bit of trouble getting the distance I want when I try to take a bit off. Seems like it just wants to go. Had three shots finish on the backside of greens.

Because of the testing done in this thread, I have purchased an RBZ Stage 2 19*. Looking forward to recieving it this week and getting it on the range. I am in need of a replacement for the TM rescue that I have been carrying for so long. I believe this may fill that need. Thanks again to all the testers.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I played 20 some holes yesterday, and used the stage 2 3h a bit.

After playing around with ball position I think I found what's wrong, as a result I was hitting bombs all day, mostly straight with a baby fade if anything.

I was hitting right around 190 distance wise, and the club really rescued me on a few holes and I was able to save par on a couple.

I still need to work with it because I'm not 100% confident, and that is a me issue, my swings still off.

The thing just goes, it gets up (I'd say medium to medium low ball flight is what I've been seeing lately) and it goes.

The sound is really awesome, to me.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I'm really looking forward to giving this one a shot at the bag. I have enjoyed the 3w so much, this one was going to get first shot at that spot.

I'm really looking forward to giving this one a shot at the bag. I have enjoyed the 3w so much, this one was going to get first shot at that spot.

I think this will match your game well. you're a machine with the 3w

I think this will match your game well. you're a machine with the 3w

We will hopefully find it Thursday. Expecting this to show up on Wednesday and hit the range with it Thursday. Excited to see what I can do with this. I need a 210-220yd club in the bag.

Last edited:
Back