Callaway HEX Chrome+ Golf Ball Review Thread

Much appreciated, but not necessary at all. I will find them soon.

Alright no problem. Let me know if you don't have them by next week. I received a box from the zoocrew and would not mind at all sending you sleeve! Pay it forward!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Played this ball for first time today. Very pleasant. I've been biased to the Q-star and this may be better. This ball is long and stops on a dime for me. Sometimes a little to much than I'm used too.

I worry about side spin a lot and this ball was very straight. Never lost one ball to side spin all day. Lost 2 balls and they went through the fairway and into the drink which I haven't done all season.

Put me down for very IMPRESSED!!!

I picked up a box of the yellow's today at the PGA SuperStore, it will be either Saturday or Monday before I get to try them out.

Went by Edwin Watts and Golf Galaxy to see if they had the Chrome+ on the shelf yet. EW has, but for some reason GG does not and they don't know when they will be getting them. I think that is kind of odd that one store has thm and one does not. I will be heading back that way in a few days and will grab a dozen or 2. I have really enjoyed this ball with the short amount of time that I have had them in play.

Which GG are you going to? The one on Central/75 or the new one in Grapevine?

Playing Saturday and was hoping to put these in play but still not on the shelves at my local EW or Dicks. Dang! Maybe next week. Keep the reviews coming!

Every course within 100 miles of me is under water.... I have yet to hit these balls that I received at the Texas invite...

Maybe early next week before Ohio, I hope I see great results like most everyone has in here.

Which GG are you going to? The one on Central/75 or the new one in Grapevine?

New one in Grapevine. I have spent a lot of time there since they opened.

Anyone want to trade me a sleeve of 3 new Chrome+ for a sleeve of 3 new B330RX? I'm looking forward to trying the Chrome+, but not ready to buy a box yet (have too many Bridgestones sitting here).
Send me a PM.

New one in Grapevine. I have spent a lot of time there since they opened.

I like that one a ton better but Grapevine is a hike from Waxahachie but the one on Central is just up the road from the office.

played these tonight and i didn't have any complaints. i do want to try these head to head against the hex blacks i think i'm gonna do that my next time out. saw some good stuff from them inside of 100 yards and i was BOMBING my driver tonight although i can keep it in the fairway but i know thats the shaft more than the ball. i also love the alignment for putting i dunno why but i like looking at the red plus it helps me concentrate on it before i roll my putts.

Picked up a box at Dick's tonight, I'll get them on the course Friday before the Ohio outing,

Going to break open the new box tomorrow and put these in play. I am expecting some good results.

Going to break open the new box tomorrow and put these in play. I am expecting some good results.

That makes 2 of us. Im hoping to put this against my DUO on some shots and see how I like it. This is about as close to my home course as there is right now so it should be a good test.

Looks like Callaway has another winner on their hands with this ball, it is right at the top of my list to try if this winter ever ends.

Gamed these today for my 82. No complaints here.

Hopefully I can find a sleeve of these today. I'm behind the times and still playing the iS and the reg chrome (when Im not being a titleist ho)

I put these in play today, really like the feel of these. Wish I had would have had a decent game today. I did see this ball checking up quite a bit on pitch shots, wasn't ready for the amount of song power that these have. I need to adjust to that and throw the ball a little closer to the flag next time out. I had some really good shots when I actually put a good seeing on the ball. Looking forward to putting them in play again Wednesday. This will be my ball for the foreseeable future. I like them that much.

I played these balls over 2 rounds this weekend. Here is my take...

Putter - feel like the original chromes for the most part. Pretty soft - no issues there

Driver - I don't know if it was my crappy driver swing at this moment, or the windy & cool conditions, but these seem to launch really high - maybe even higher than the original chromes? Sidespin was a bit less than the chromes, but definitely more than the blacks. Distance was about the same as the original chromes as far as I could tell.

Irons - These felt great off the irons, and it seems like I got a bit more penetrating flight with these balls - more like the blacks? Hard to tell about stopping power on the greens - the greens were bumpy, the fairways were thick so it was hard to get any spin, there was a lot of undulations and there was a lot of wind, none of which helped staying power on the greens.

Short game - these ball check pretty well - pretty similar to the chromes, not quite as much as the blacks. A couple times I went to hit a few low chip and runs with my gap wedge, and the ball would check a bit more and leave me short. To be honest, I had 0 time to practice with these before the round...

Overall
- a great combination of the Chrome & the blacks it seems like to me. Will be interested to use these when (if!) we finally get a great golf weather day. Was really hard to get a true feel for these with the conditions we were dealing with, and to be honest, I think some of the above thoughts may be different when playing under more normal conditions. I will use these next weekend, and if conditions are good, I will do one more report.

Last edited:
Good stuff BB, I am heading out in a few minutes to game the Chrome + for the first time. Thoughts to follow later today.

I still as of yet have not put one into play and it's killing me! That big ol tournament on the east coast kind of messed things up. I'm going to soon!!!

Was playing the local junior par 3 the other day and accidentally hooked one into the woods. That made me sad to lose one on such an easy hole.

I cant wait to try some of these balls, if only winter would go away...sometime I hate living in the great white north

Where is this ball to fit within the line? I'm confused. Hex black is prov1x replacement. Chrome to my understanding is/was designed for the avg swing speed player,kind of like the TP3 from Taylormade. Now, the Chrome + is suppose to fit?

I do have trail pack to try out on Wednesday

Another solid day with the Chrome+. No the longest ball I've played but extremely responsive off each club. It responded really well off the wedges and irons. Saw some great control with the driver.

Where is this ball to fit within the line? I'm confused. Hex black is prov1x replacement. Chrome to my understanding is/was designed for the avg swing speed player,kind of like the TP3 from Taylormade. Now, the Chrome + is suppose to fit?

I do have trail pack to try out on Wednesday

Back