Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade Putters - Daddy Long Legs & Spider Blade

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey White Hot #7 35"
2. Which of the two styles of these new putters do you like AND why? Daddy Long Legs, because I like a mallet and this one looks pretty sleek.
3. Have you played any of the previous Spider putters from TaylorMade? Kinda, I gamed a Taylormade Ghost Daytona for a little bit. Enjoyed it.

1. What putter are you currently playing? - Odyssey Versa 90 #7 BWB
2. Which of the two styles of these new putters do you like AND why? Daddy Long Legs. I love the idea of a counterbalanced mallet with high MOI. I had a chance to play with this at Golfsmith and it felt amazingly stable and fluid.
3. Have you played any of the previous Spider putters from TaylorMade? Have not had the chance.

Another great testing opportunity...thanks to THP and Taylormade!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Metal X #7
2. Which of the two styles of these new putters do you like AND why? The Daddy Long Legs..I am more of a face balanced mallet user
3. Have you played any of the previous Spider putters from TaylorMade? Other than demoing them in the store I have not.

​Thanks again to Taylormade and THP for the great opportunity!

Thank you THP and Taylormade for this great testing opportunity!

1. What putter are you currently playing?--SeeMore SB1 Black
2. Which of the two styles of these new putters do you like AND why?--Daddy long legs, I am really intrigued in the counterbalancing concept and mallets tend to fit my stroke better
3. Have you played any of the previous Spider putters from TaylorMade?--Yes, the Taylormade Rossa Monza Spider

TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

Count me in!

1. What putter are you currently playing?
TaylorMade Rossa Classic Daytona.

2. Which of the two styles of these new putters do you like AND why?
Both look great and should play well. I would prefer the blade type putter since it is like my old Daytona.

3. Have you played any of the previous Spider putters from TaylorMade?
I have not played any of the spider product from TaylorMade.

1. Edel blade
2. Daddy long legs because I would like to try larger headed putter (38 inch one)
3. Not for any length of time. Just an occasional putt or two of putters belonging to others when hanging around putting green and not usually the right length

Thanks for making this available to everyone

1. What putter are you currently playing? :seemore: PTM 1
2. Which of the two styles of these new putters do you like AND why? The Spider Blade. I'm not much for a mallet or bigger putter. They seem to have to big of a head for my liking.
3. Have you played any of the previous Spider putters from TaylorMade?I have gamed TM blade putters before but never gamed a Spider. I did chutt with one once at the Ohio Outing...

Thanks :taylormade: and THP for the awesome flat stick testing! I love putters. Most important club in the bag... Now if I can just continue to learn how to use one efficiently.

SeeMore FGP
I really like the look of both of them. They both look really awesome, however I've always liked the look of Taylormade's spiders. Looks better than a normal mallet in my opinion
I have not, that is why I'm excited for a chance to do so! I've always only played "blade" style putters and would like to see if the Daddy Long Legs would help my putting.

1. What putter are you currently playing? TM Monza Vicino
2. Which of the two styles of these new putters do you like AND why? While I have for awhile been considering a move to a heavier blade putter, I still can't bring myself to move away from my trust Vicino. As such, I really like the looks of the Daddy Long Legs since it is so similar to my putter. I particularly like the white on black but still having the single aim line.
3. Have you played any of the previous Spider putters from TaylorMade? Currently use the old Vicino, which I believe was the last of the non-white line. Love it.

P.S. My course just opened last Wednesday, so will be playing almost every day (my work day ends at 2:30) depending on the weather. 70km/h winds today means not today :(.

Last edited:
This is going to be a great testing. Thank you TaylorMade and THP for doing it. Looking forward to following a long with those that get chosen.

1.What putter are you currently playing? Cleveland Classic Black Platinum #1
2. Which of the two styles of these new putters do you like AND why? I really like the Daddy Long Legs because of the new extreme MOI claims, and the shape of the head looks like it makes it very easy to line up putts.
3.Have you played any of the previous Spider putters from TaylorMade? Yes, I've used the Spider S

Thank you very much THP and TMaG for this opportunity.

Thank you THP and TaylorMade for another incredible testing opportunity. I look forward to reading the reviews.

1.What putter are you currently playing? Odyssey Metal X #7
2. Which of the two styles of these new putters do you like AND why? The Daddy Long Legs putter. Since switching to the #7 from a blade style putter I've been holing more short putts. I think the Long Legs with its larger, mallet style head and very clear alignment aids will make hitting those crucial 5 footers even easier.
3.Have you played any of the previous Spider putters from TaylorMade? No, I have not

Thank you THP and Taylormade!

Thanks THP for this opportunity.

Rotating SeeMore FGP and Miz/Bettinardi C-06H
Definitely the Daddy Long Legs. Couple of reasons: 1) Really like the alignment/set-up of the Daddy Long Legs 2) My putting stroke generally does not work very well with the "traditional" plumber's neck blade design.
I demo-ed prior Spider models, but never had one in the bag.

1. What putter are you currently playing? Cleveland Classic #1
2. Which of the two styles of these new putters do you like AND why? The blade. I prefer blades in general. Although I've played and liked mallets as well, the giant square design TM uses has just never appealed to me. I find blades to be cleaner-looking, and feel like I can take a more aggressive stroke at the ball.
3. Have you played any of the previous Spider putters from TaylorMade? I have tried them all in stores, but have never owned one.

Thanks THP and TM for another great opportunity.

Thanks to THP and Taylormade! Yet another great testing opportunity!

34" Taylormade Ghost Spider

The short answer is that I like them both. A more detailed response would be that I'd love to try the Spider Blade. I was not as fond of the Spider S because TM decided to make the middle part black and I prefer the all white look of the ghost spider. However, with the Daddy long leg, it looks like TM has added more white to the middle section, which I like. With that said, I've tried two spider putters as well as blades and preferred the balance of the spiders. But, I'd like to try the Spider Blade with a super stroke slim grip to see if I can find a setup with a blade that would provide the balance that I think I need. I'd like to see if a Spider blade can beat the Ghost Spider out of my bag.

Edit: This is why!: "For years Tour pros have begged us to create a heel-toe weighted blade that offered a similar leap in stability and forgiveness offered by our Spider putters. We’ve answered with Spider Blade, the most stable blade-style putter we’ve ever made."

Edit #2: After reading more about the counterbalancing using a heavier, 130 gram grip, my testing would be done with the original taylormade grip to effectively test the weighting and balance of the whole spider blade package!

YES and love them!!!! My all time favorite might still be the Vicino. I saw guys on tour using what looked like a ghosted version of the vicino and hoped something like that would come to the market. But, when the Spider S was released, I was a little disappointed that it looked like a ghosted vicino shape wise, but the middle part was black instead of white. Now I have the ghost spider with a white super stroke slim grip and like it very much.

This putter is intriguing!

Glad people are as excited for this one as we are.

I have been dying to try the new Spider Blade. Thanks THP and TaylorMade Golf for this opportunity!

1. What putter are you currently playing? - TaylorMade Rossa Daytona, 35"
2. Which of the two styles of these new putters do you like AND why? - I really like the looks and concept of the Spider Blade. I like my Daytona blade style putter, but have also been interested in a mallet, but really like the blade. I think that the higher MOI features of the Spider Blade will provide the benefits of the mallet with the look and performance of the blade.
3. Have you played any of the previous Spider putters from TaylorMade? - I have not played any of the previous Spider series, only rolled the Spider S and its predecessor in the store on carpet.

Just a quick note here...

This will be TaylorMades SIXTH forum testing in the past few months! With these getting sent out to the forum for review, that will mark the entire current TaylorMade line having been reviewed here on THP.

If you havent done so yet, give @TaylorMadeGolf a shout on Twitter and hit them up on Facebook as well!

Yes, thank you! I'm extremely pumped to either test, or hear about this one. It's looks really exciting.

I sure am! I like the Spider putters and have played them for a while, but that Spider Blade sure is an intriguing take on a blade putter!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Tour Edge Backdraft GT4+
2. Which of the two styles of these new putters do you like AND why? I prefer the mallet style putter. My current is a mallet and it has served me much better than any of the blades I have gamed.
3. Have you played any of the previous Spider putters from TaylorMade? Have not gamed any of them, but demoed a few.

Another great opportunity from TM and THP! Thanks to both.

1. What putter are you currently playing? An old Odyssey Dual Force Rossie Blade that I've had in the bag for 15 years
2. Which of the two styles of these new putters do you like AND why? Like them both, actually. I've always been a blade or mid-mallet guy, but I've also been very curious about the Spider putters in the past and would love the chance to get to know one really well and see how it would change my game.
3. Have you played any of the previous Spider putters from TaylorMade? No, only hit some putts indoors at golf shops with them.

Thanks again and good luck to everyone. This will be a great test!

1. What putter are you currently playing? Ping B60
2. Which of the two styles of these new putters do you like AND why? The mallet, I could always use some more forgiveness and has been contemplating a mallet...this one has an MOI exceeding 8500....wow!
3. Have you played any of the previous Spider putters from TaylorMade? I have not used or tried any TM putters before

Back