What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Garage session working on mechanics

Both local courses are closed today. One for airification, and the other due to NCAA Championships being played. I think my home course opens up Friday.

So, I decided to clean out the Bennington golf bag. Maybe rearrange some stuff. Also going to give my club grips a good cleaning.

Driving range this evening working on the driver and hybrids

The hc opened up today. Was going to play 9 holes, but the greens are still punched, heavily sanded, and I don't have a 4WD ball.

So it was 100 yard approach shots to a flag, with various clubs.

Some clubs went longer, some shorter, and one club (9i) was just right. I find this is easier than moving forward, or backwards to make a certain club work. All Im looking to do is fly the balls on, or near my aim line. When I pick the balls up I look back at my bag, and check my horizontal dispersion from in front, to in back of the flag. I was happy with most of 70 balls I hit. There were a few stinkers in the mix. I think I would've scored well today if I had played.

Just for fun I finished pitching/chipping on the sanded green. Kind of fun watching the balls check up due to the course sand's extra friction.

I was hoping they would dump some more sand in the practice bunker. That didn't happen. Guess I will have to use a little trick I've used before. I show up first thing in the morning and start working the crusted old sand with my hoe rake. They don't like it when members start doing the course employee's jobs.

Went for a lesson I forgot I rescheduled three weeks ago so they wondered wtf I was doing there. Turned right around came home. Will do some putting practice in the basement instead :ROFLMAO:

Watched some great golf on TV then a great putting and chipping session with my daughter this evening.
IMG_8904.jpeg

Chipping and putting work at a local course after work

Hit the hell out of my driver and putted lights out. I don't want to talk about everything else.

Took that, new to me, Ray Cook putter to an unsanded green this morning. Best I can figure is this critter was popular 50 or so years ago on the pro tours. .

After figuring out my stance to give me a square club face, on my chosen line, I was making a lot of longer (15-20 feet) putts. Maybe half were were finding the bottom of the cup. Shorter putts (5' or less) were almost a "can't miss" deal.

Still, this was just one outing with this putter, so Im not too excited as yet. A few more practice sessions are needed to really see just how well this club plays.

Putting this AM followed by some putting green maintenance and replacing some faded flags.

FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Back